No, Most people do not want to play pool on big pockets.

For players and not home recreational bangers: Pro Cut Pockets or Buckets?

• Total voters

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No, my poll was to prove what is most popular amongst players and the results do exactly that. My experience from my business says that as well.

I think you already posted about how you feel about the poll, thing is I don't agree. Kindly move on to something else if you don't like it. :thumbup:

Trent
If you started a pole to survey what size pool tables most players would prefer to own, the survey would be lopsided towards 9fts. Yet, Diamond sells tables primarily players, and their 10 7fts sold to every 9ft they build would contradict your pole results gathered here in a survey....why is that?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If you started a pole to survey what size pool tables most players would prefer to own, the survey would be lopsided towards 9fts. Yet, Diamond sells tables primarily players, and their 10 7fts sold to every 9ft they build would contradict your pole results gathered here in a survey....why is that?

Not biting RKC. I could "what if" all day with you. I made a Poll. People answered. Not interested in arguing over anything. :)

Trent

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, my poll was to prove what is most popular amongst players and the results do exactly that. My experience from my business says that as well.

I think you already posted about how you feel about the poll, thing is I don't agree. Kindly move on to something else if you don't like it. :thumbup:

Trent
If you already thought/knew that why the need for a poll? Make you feel better? I'm trying to be serious and not flippant here. So far there's less than 100 votes. Granted its in favor of tighter pockets but its still only 72-20. As polls go that's one tiny sampling. There's over 65,000 AZ members, say half voted. 32,500 votes. 1% would be 325. This hasn't gotten 100 yet. My point is the sample is too small to conclusively state one's case. If it makes you all warm-n-fuzzy that's fine but it really doesn't prove anything.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
If you already thought/knew that why the need for a poll? Make you feel better? I'm trying to be serious and not flippant here. So far there's less than 100 votes. Granted its in favor of tighter pockets but its still only 72-20. As polls go that's one tiny sampling.

Have a nice day, RKC will argue with ya! I have to go Pick up an OS8 GC3 :)

I will check back later :)

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Have a nice day, RKC will argue with ya! I have to go Pick up an OS8 GC3 :)

I will check back later :)

Trent from Toledo

You've never offered to restore the tables you sell with tighter pockets, remember? When Mark and I would jump you for selling tables with original sub rails and pocket sizes....you always counted back with, unless they ASK for tighter pockets, and are willing to pay for them, I'm not just going to tighten the pockets on the tables my customers buy.....and my customers are always happy.

What's changed, have you finally figured out that Pro cut pockets are better than buckets?....LOL

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
You've never offered to restore the tables you sell with tighter pockets, remember? When Mark and I would jump you for selling tables with original sub rails and pocket sizes....you always counted back with, unless they ASK for tighter pockets, and are willing to pay for them, I'm not just going to tighten the pockets on the tables my customers buy.....and my customers are always happy.

What's changed, have you finally figured out that Pro cut pockets are better than buckets?....LOL

Actually now you are literally making stuff up. I will give you points for coming up with something to try to get me to argue with you!!

In alll those arguments the topics of discussion did not pertain to tight pockets, they were about changing the subrail to fit superspeed cushions " correctly" as you guys say.

I do actually charge more for the pro cut pockets if they want extended subrails. :thumbup:
If they just want larger facings(no larger than 1/4" as you taught me), I dont charge extra for that! :)

I really have to go to work now, you get to watch TV!!!

Trent from Toledo

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did you know in advance what table the finals would be held on?
I don't remember if I knew or not. But I had never played on the table. But I think it strange they play the whole tournament on the regular tables then for just the finals they switch to the triple shimmed table. Their house man won the tournament.

DDiabolico

DDiabolico
I am fine with 4.5" pockets. My opinion is, that, if perfectly hit, a ball frozen to the rail must drop, even when it's hit hard. Brings the facings in consideration too.
A few times I had to play league on tables with smaller pockets I was used to back then. The facings on those tables were awful. Every shot that grazed even the slightest piece of rail before hitting the facing rattled out, no matter how soft it was played. But after some time I adjusted to the conditions and learned how the shots needed to be played and then it was even possible to hammer the balls in, it was just a matter of precision, concentration and adaptability.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautimus!

...brings a tear too your eye does it?
Hu, I'm humbled to my very core for your reach out...
cured ham aye'
hmmm, Christmas is coming up, I'll may give you a call.

I was thinking of submitting to Dr. Dave for a prognosis,
thanks for saving me lots of greif.

Dan,

I had to go to the site to look at more pictures. That is a most beautimus table! I like the cases and everything on the site.

Hu

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were buying a new Diamond table I probably would go for the 4 3/4" over the 4 1/2".
Age is a factor, I have played on both and can deal with the smaller pockets but anything under 4 1/2" is too small for me and probably most of the guys I play, all seniors.

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I were buying a new Diamond table I probably would go for the 4 3/4" over the 4 1/2".
Age is a factor, I have played on both and can deal with the smaller pockets but anything under 4 1/2" is too small for me and probably most of the guys I play, all seniors.

If you are the Bob I have seen play, and played against in the past (at Greenway, and/or the Loft)... then you are one or almost one generation ahead of me. If you are still comfortable playing on 4 1/2 props to you! You played strong back then, and apparently still do..... gives me some hope!:smile:

Td

9 Ball Fan

Darth Maximus
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind a 7' table with tight pockets, but I want big pockets on a 9' table. Since I play on a 9', I voted for big pockets.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Haha...especially if it is contrary to your desired outcome.

Please, just stop trolling me. You said what you thought.I get it, you don't like my poll and I was clear that I don't care. I don't need your approval. Must make you furious that I was right....

Most players do want to play on Pro Cut pockets. :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please, just stop trolling me. You said what you thought.I get it, you don't like my poll and I was clear that I don't care. I don't need your approval. Must make you furious that I was right....

Most players do want to play on Pro Cut pockets. :thumbup:

Trent from Toledo

You just love to troll don’t you? First off, I voted for buckets because you didn’t include the correct option. Depth of shelf matters more than pocket width opening. Please stop trolling and focus just on your business before people start noticing you’re just an ass like the rest of us.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just love to troll don’t you? First off, I voted for buckets because you didn’t include the correct option. Depth of shelf matters more than pocket width opening. Please stop trolling and focus just on your business before people start noticing you’re just an ass like the rest of us.

They've already noticed.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

Just got home from pickin a mint OS8 GC3. I am on this site in my spare time. I posted the poll, besides that I will say what ever I want. If you don't like it, there is this thing called: Stop clicking on the topic. :eek: