Dean ran 56 balls with

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a good run in anybody's book. Now that you hit that 50 it will be much
easier to do it the next time. You know you can do it and you can just keep on
going. I remember when the first time I got to 98, I got a good break shot and
was so excited, I hit the break shot perfect' balls opened up, and I called my
wife to see the historic event. I said I'm going to run a HUNDRED BALLS.
I had a pretty easy shot to make the hundred or the correct shot to open the
secondary cluster and be on my way to breaking Mosconi's record. I stood
there thinking while she looked up at the ceiling shifting her weight from one foot
to the other. I decide I'm not going to let this pass,I,m going to run that hundred.
I took the easier shot to cinch the hundred and DOGGED IT DOGGED IT.
I thought my head was going to explode. She could see how upset I was and
said, I still remember it to this day even though it's been over 50 wears ago.
"Do you want rice or mashed potatoes with dinner, " "Call me when you are
about to do it again dinner won't be ready for an half hour". Congrats old buddy
jack
Jack, did you ever get your 100 ball run, or was that as close as you got? I was at the verge as well with a 98 ball (7 complete racks) run with a textbook break shot, which I made, but a ball knocked the cue ball in to the side pocket. That was over 20 year ago, and I've never been able to get within 1 rack of 100 since then - oh well.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, but

Jack, did you ever get your 100 ball run, or was that as close as you got? I was at the verge as well with a 98 ball (7 complete racks) run with a textbook break shot, which I made, but a ball knocked the cue ball in to the side pocket. That was over 20 year ago, and I've never been able to get within 1 rack of 100 since then - oh well.

ChrisinNC,
It took me a little while but I started playing it a lot with two very good friends and great
straight pool players Dick Lane and Bob Vanover. High run on my GC 157,
high run in game 97 and out playing Bob Vanover. When I got close to 100 at home
I locked the door to my game room so my wife couldn't come in and shark me AGAIN.
jack

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Bring the new toy to the DCC and play an old friend of mine...old being 40 years older than me...haha. He couldnt play dead in a cheap western anymore so yall would be perfect together. Get big truck or whoever it is upstairs in the pay to stand and watch area to put it on the tv table. Probably be bigger than Frost vs Alex. Bring two cues in case I cant force him to play and let me borrow one and ill play some...never know, ya might hit the jackpot:D

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think a lot of people take the fun out of playing

since i started playing on my table with the old standard
size 5 inch pockets I am enjoying myself a lot more

I am so much more relaxed when i shoot,fear of missing is no longer keeping
me from shooting shots that are a bit more difficult but open open the reast of
the balls if i make them

Before I was shooting one ball at a time,the easiest shot and i often had nothing
to shoot next

I know this is or sounds stupid,but the game scared me,and tight pockets scared
me even more
and I began to rush my stroke. i know you guys would never think like this but I did

And I am talking about this anxiety when I am at home practicing by myself,
not dogging when the money is down. I do that too when I play 9 ball or straight pool

Dean, I think you are talking about what a lot of people do and don't talk about. They get a home table set up with tight or super tight pockets and they are going to conquer the world when they go out and play. Instead, the cover stays on the pool table and the wife decides it is really nice to fold clothes on.

They may not even realize that they are using the home table less and less because they don't enjoy it anymore. The very tightest I would set up a home table is as tight as I compete on. Since I am not competing, 4-3/4" and 5-1/4" sounds pretty good to me. I can bank on that, I can play shape on that. I can enjoy playing pool not as you say turning it into an every shot a tough challenge game. If I want to do that I will get a russian pyramid table.

Hu

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack was a lot better player than 100 balls tells you.
At least he was when he was young and needed the money

ihave seen him beat some great road player when he had every
cent he owned on the game

I always thought he would grow up and beat Billy.I was wrong on 3 counts
1. He never grew
2..He never grew up
and 3. He never beat Billy

Last edited:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never grew never grew ?

deanoc;6544901 1. He never grew 2..He never grew up and 3. He never beat Billy[/QUOTE said:
Both of my parents make Danny Devito look like a basket ball player. I was born with legs to short to reach the ground which make it very hard for a youngster . I figured I would make the best of it and become a Limbo champion. But as fate would have it at about 14 I hit a growth spurt and shot up like a weed toppimg out at over 5" 6". I now towered over most of my family so I ditched the Limbo idea and decided to be a bully. But I discovered pool. Number 2 and 3 on Deans list are 100 % correct.

Jack

djg576

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jackpot

his new cue

this may be my all time record

4 complete racks of straight pool
didn't miss a ball missed shape by carelesness

granted i have 5 inch pockets,some may call them buckets
but 56 balls is still 56 balls for a hack like me

Was Jack coaching, Dean?

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Turns out it was actually a worker at the Schmelke factory who made 56 balls but he decided that's really not relevant information we needed.

Sent from the future.

Ex-employee.

He was fired for attempting to apply this logo in place of the Schmelke logo delete.

Attachments

• 20200419_090245.jpg
    20200419_090245.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 137