The Philippine Team

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Sharing a post I did on the site when AzB forum was offline, friends.

Spent time this evening at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl and Billiards Center with my very good friend, Boyet Asonto, Coach of the Philippine Billiard Team.

We talked about his new students - mostly expats - and their respective progress, including Doug who recently won in a tournament held in Makati City.

Coach then showed me this photo on his Facebook wall, taken several years ago. Almost all of them have become my good friends over the years. And most, if not all, of the pool players in the pic have made their marks in our favorite sport - becoming champions in the different disciplines.

Can you name them all?

05233df268041ed7cf4019399e77fed8.jpg

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AMF Puyat Superbowl

The Superbowl certainly used to be the place to go when I lived in the Philippines. I won the in 2004 MSBA Superbowl 9 Ball class A Championship before I moved back to the states. The traffic in Makati was bad then, it's probably so much worse today.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The Superbowl was the first poolroom in the Philippines to have a Diamond table. I played on it about ten years ago. Greg Sullivan sent five tables to Putch Puyat (the owner of the Superbowl) to get them introduced over there. I believe the other four are all in private homes.

FeelDaShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recognize a few of the obvious ones:

Dennis Orcullo - #2 top row
Roberto Gomez - #5 top row
Francisco Bustamante - #6 top row
Warren Kiamco - #9 top row
Efren Reyes - #10 top row

No clue about the others lol