John Schmidt Poll

Was John out of line during the TAR one pocket?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
after watching earl get by with being earl
it takes a lot of nerve to put anyone under the magnifying glass

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Holy chit Danny. You catching up on your responses? You are only 7 years behind.

Just kidding. Please don't trigger on me. Hope you are hitting them well.

Cheers from Houston..!!

And I’m detecting that the original pollster has returned to the scene of the crime...

E24E13DF-83A5-4D5F-A41A-9178C11CC300.jpeg

They usually do...:yeah:

:)

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I take slight offense to this statement Danny. I have never met you in person however, I have written you a few emails and PMs that you had never replied to. I was polite, friendly, and respectful towards you.

I am only replying to rebut the accusation that I quoted. I personally have met John on several occasions. I have posted about my meetings with him in great detail; however, I have always found him to be a great host. I am not wealthy, im not a backer nor a business owner. I am a soldier with a great passion for the sport of pool. John took time to shoot, talk, BS, etc with me and on probably one of the worst days that I could have stopped by his Pool Hall in W.V.

Regardless. John had nothing to gain from me and yet I still felt as if I was treated as a friend. I am not a person of a lot of means but if John messaged me and needed a place to stay while in Germany, he would have somewhere to stay.

Carl

Thank you for your service to this countrie'. You might want to listen in on our last tar match up during the one pocket. He was waaaay out of line - enough where it could sway your judgment bout John and or open yer eyes a bit. I don't recall reading any pm's from you, I respond to most all my pm's - I don't know u - lets keep it that way as I am not a puppet - dig?

Last edited:

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhhh another poll by the forum full of perfect humans and perfect players judging everyone who they feel is beneath them. No thank you ... I won’t judge a guy trying to play to survive who after 12 hours of play may have lost his head for a second. Bfd

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Ahhhh another poll by the forum full of perfect humans and perfect players judging everyone who they feel is beneath them. No thank you ... I won’t judge a guy trying to play to survive who after 12 hours of play may have lost his head for a second. Bfd
It's a 6 and a half year old thread, but nobody reads beyond the thread title, first and maybe last posts.

Sent from the future.

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was TAR 28, Schmidt vs. Deuel in an all-around match in July, 2012 -- 8-Ball, One-Pocket, and 10-Ball.

It appears that the match is available on demand, for $15. It's about 17 hours long: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/tar28

Oh wow, 2012? I thought it’s something recent, anyway I don’t want to watch the whole match,
Just the part of the drama which is discussed here... maybe I can find it on YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Yer wright

Too bad Danny doesn't have the ability to hold a grudge or this could be interesting ... lol :D

I am a little too good at that, but it does take a serious incident to allow me to never forget - or forgive. If a player ensues calling me a name (verbal bullying) just cause a I am winning - that is enough to make me remember for life. Unless they make a genuine apology for the infraction, I do not make any habit of rattling the cage unless I am willing to step in their and call that name to their face, schmidt and myself are not cut from the same stone and I am thankful for that. He would be much better served if he never tries to rattle my cage again.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
hmm

He even admitted in the tar interview after our One Pocket match that he was trying to upset me on purpose - when I was just playing well, I ask u do u think that is the way a champion conducts himself. He stopped play and wanted to use a jump cue when he knew that was against the rules. Chad from TAR actually had to stop his infraction and said shut the flip' up john - and shoot pool. At least he was honest about in the interview - that after being so far down that he did not care whether or not he made himself look like a petty looser. The bottom line hear trob is some players when losing look for moves to pull, others players will wait quietly till its their turn. But ya I understand the nobody'd perfect thang yer tokin' bout as well.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I doubt it

Is there anywhere that I can view the video in question.

Unless u have the tar tape, Schmidt's sponsors won't allow that to be shown - it is not politicly correct and would make u queastion why any sponsors would want anythin to do with such a player as he.