Chip-TRex update..................

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I’m gonna stop here ok. Congratulations on your wins and I’m glad that “you don’t are” what your comments might or might not do to relationships between chip and his backers( regardless of what a commentator may or may not have said) I don’t watch pool unless in person and I have seen chip Compton and Joey gray play hundreds of times and drinking some beer is the norm, my point that you haven’t commented on once, is just that. Would you want a player you were backing to do something completely DIFFERENT from what They regularly do while playing? How would you feel/think if your player got up there and DIDNT do whatever they normally do when playing? What do you think the narrative would be then? I think you know.. do you think Scotty Townsend (rip) or Keith mccready or Tony Watson would play a BIG set without what ever they normally played with/on?of course not.. so why would chip?

Sorry to hear about the Cancer.

We're done with this, neither one of us need the negative vibes or thoughts. Hope you beat this.

Hope to hear you're better soon.
Jason

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so where are we today are the boys playing

did the quality of play improve or does the table have them buffaloed

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m gonna stop here ok. Congratulations on your wins and I’m glad that “you don’t are” what your comments might or might not do to relationships between chip and his backers( regardless of what a commentator may or may not have said) I don’t watch pool unless in person and I have seen chip Compton and Joey gray play hundreds of times and drinking some beer is the norm, my point that you haven’t commented on once, is just that. Would you want a player you were backing to do something completely DIFFERENT from what They regularly do while playing? How would you feel/think if your player got up there and DIDNT do whatever they normally do when playing? What do you think the narrative would be then? I think you know.. do you think Scotty Townsend (rip) or Keith mccready or Tony Watson would play a BIG set without what ever they normally played with/on?of course not.. so why would chip?

I met Ray Martin in Goldsboro, NC for a one pocket tournament awhile back and saw Keith play. Or drink. I'm not sure if he was playing pool so he could drink beer or drinking beer so he could play pool. He sure was entertaining. He played really strong but that shit has to be hard on his liver...

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I met Ray Martin in Goldsboro, NC for a one pocket tournament awhile back and saw Keith play. Or drink. I'm not sure if he was playing pool so he could drink beer or drinking beer so he could play pool. He sure was entertaining. He played really strong but that shit has to be hard on his liver...

Carolinas open?

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Carolinas open?

I think so. Ray was still living down here by me so it goes back awhile. He traveled up with the owner of the room where I play and I scheduled a work trip to coincide with the tournament. If you were there you will remember the unbelievable shot Jeremy Jones put on Keith when it came down to the last two balls. Keith needed one I think with two balls left on the table. He then lagged it deep into his hole. Really deep. Jeremy spent a considerable amount of time looking at the shot while our friendly drunk entertained the crowd. Then JJ went rail first and bounced it a few times off the fits right I to his hole and won the game and set. Is that room still there?