Action!!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tony Watson getting the 7 from Lee Van Corteza (sp?) -2 Sets ahead for couple large each. He lost the first and is losing the 2nd- Doesn't look good for Tony but if he played just a bit near his speed, he would be the favorite as Lee is playing bad also.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
poolsucker said:
Who else is playing? not able to make it this year.
Thank you

Only one other action table going and i dont know the players-looks liken cheap sets.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
i was playing on the table beside tony and van van, who happened to be my 1st round draw tonight. corteza was running him over the whole time i was there. i had to go ahead and leave so i wouldn't fall asleep on the drive home. corteza is a champion... he reminds me a lot of luat. in our match tonight i should have tied it up at 6 all but i got a really bad roll which made it 5 to 7... and it just took the wind out of my sails. but theres no way tony watson is the favorite in that game... the 7 ball spot is pretty much meaningless at their level of play and corteza in my opinion is just on another level.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee Van Corteza

Maybe, just maybe, Lee Van Corteza is the next Marlon Manalo and Dennis Orcollo to come out of the Philippines. With Efren, Bustie, Marlon and Dennis out of this tournament, this maybe his best chance to shine.

cuetechasaurus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its funny, with the mention of most of the 'new' Filipinos coming out of the woodwork, I always wondered what happened to Corteza. I thought perhaps he never peaked and just faded out, but now it appears that he is going to be the next up and coming young champion. How old is he now? Early 20's right?

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuetechasaurus said:
Its funny, with the mention of most of the 'new' Filipinos coming out of the woodwork, I always wondered what happened to Corteza. I thought perhaps he never peaked and just faded out, but now it appears that he is going to be the next up and coming young champion. How old is he now? Early 20's right?

He's 27, just like Dennis Orcollo. Getting a US visa is no easy task in the Philippines...

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
poolsucker said:
Who else is playing? not able to make it this year.
Thank you
Is this C. from Nashville? I couldn't remember if this was your username or not.

Are you going to be at Charlie's this weekend? I just got off the phone w/ Hennessee and he is going. I'll see you this weekend if you make it.

alinco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cheemagun said:
Anyone notice Lee Van Corteza vs Lee Holt lol.

Smart money is on Lee!

Lee Holt played well in our US Open warm up event this last weekend. He lost on the hill to Chris Szuter on Saturday but then won a few matches on the 1-loss side including Adam GQ Smith, Me!, Chris Bartram and Shawn Putnam before falling to Mike Davis.

Good luck Lee!
Andy

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alinco said:
Smart money is on Lee!

Lee Holt played well in our US Open warm up event this last weekend. He lost on the hill to Chris Szuter on Saturday but then won a few matches on the 1-loss side including Adam GQ Smith, Me!, Chris Bartram and Shawn Putnam before falling to Mike Davis.

Good luck Lee!
Andy
I will take Lee for a K.

Update?

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lee needs like the 6 and last three and is still no lock. he doesnt play nearly as well as tony watson and he got the 7 and lost 2 sets last night.

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes it is. I had my kid for 2 months and left a little over a month ago to take a 2 or 3 month road trip and after a few days in to it my mom was in an accident and I have been at the hospital for a month now. Will get back on the road in a couple of weeks though. Think Im going to head out west for couple of months. Can't make it there this weekend. Good luck in that tournament.
Peace!!

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't think it would take Lee very long to start making a name for himself. Like alot of his Filipino countrymen he loves to gamble, I would look for him to have a strong tournament.

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Lee van was giving TW the 8 and 9 playing ten ball last night. Also Ronnie Alcano and Scott Frost were playing with the same spot. Does anybody know who won the match ups??
Thank you

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess tony won the first set and dogged the the 7 on the hill to win the second set and Lee came back and won. So they broke even.
Alcano won a hill hill match against Frosty.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Ronnie lost- He couldnt take the constant chatter from Scott.

Last nite Raj played Chris Bartram an ahead match 10 ball even up- No results-it started after 1.

Tarantula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nostroke said:
I heard Ronnie lost- He couldnt take the constant chatter from Scott.
Ronnie Alcano or Wiseman? I can see Alcano not liking it, but Wiseman can handle it for sure. However, Wiseman can't handle the heat from Scott.

Nostroke said:
Last nite Raj played Chris Bartram an ahead match 10 ball even up- No results-it started after 1.
Sounds like a good match, but I think Raj may be a slight favorite.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tarantula said:
Ronnie Alcano or Wiseman? I can see Alcano not liking it, but Wiseman can handle it for sure. However, Wiseman can't handle the heat from Scott.

Alcano

Sounds like a good match, but I think Raj may be a slight favorite.

Thats the way i saw it but some were saying Raj was a Tournament TV Player and CB had the gambling experience. Personally, i rarely buy into that theory. You need good nerves either way.