every chance to secure the rack
just when you thought it was safe
anxious moments

anymore??

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little off the post.
When Ewa Mataya would comment on a match Vegas would post the over and under on how many times she would say "Wow"

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know its early in the day but....drink when Jim says

deposits the 9 ball
useful
every chance to secure the rack
just when you thought it was safe
anxious moments

anymore??
what about everytime Ted mentions “packages” or Karl says “it must be said” or “if i’m being honest”

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anytime he refers to the balls as “colors” (snooker term)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i actually like it when they say "the red three ball" etc, makes it easier for my gf to understand the game, and i assume that applies to other non-players watching as well

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

I’ve alway wanted to gamble with someone who needed the fact that the two ball is blue
pointed out to him....no for much though....8 or 9 hundred a game will do.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know which announcer it was, but the first couple of days I heard "that ball found gravity" numerous times. Arrrrgh!

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is easy to make fun of announcers, but I would like to see anyone here commentate on matches for hours on end and not repeat the same things.

Also, remember that the announcers are trying to make it interesting for the casual fan (many of whom are snooker fans if anything). It is not the same as an Accu-Stat match where only hard core players are watching and would have any interest in war stories or other personal anecdotes.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
It is easy to make fun of announcers, but I would like to see anyone here commentate on matches for hours on end and not repeat the same things.

Also, remember that the announcers are trying to make it interesting for the casual fan (many of whom are snooker fans if anything). It is not the same as an Accu-Stat match where only hard core players are watching and would have any interest in war stories or other personal anecdotes.

Relax, it's all in jest. Lots of people here, including myself, have great respect for Wych. He's a great commentator with his own style.

Geez..... someone needs to play a drinking game......:cool:

Now lets all go find a wall of colors to hide behind.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like Wych's commentating. He's knowledgeable, articulate, and knows to not bludgeon the listener with constant babble.