Help Needed? Need Picture of Player

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
I am on the selection committee for establishing a Wichita Pool Players Hall of Fame. We are doing this in a professional manner, and our exhibits will reflect that.

We have selected 3 players for our first year. One of the inductees is
Greg 'Big Train' Stevens, who has passed. We have several stories about him,
but we need a picture of him. He was active during the 60's and 70's.

We have tried through family and friends to no avail, and I was wondering if any of our members here might have a picture of him from his playing days. I can be contacted
here on AZ, pm me please, or by email at Snapshot9Scott@cox.net

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am on the selection committee for establishing a Wichita Pool Players Hall of Fame. We are doing this in a professional manner, and our exhibits will reflect that.

We have tried through family and friends to no avail, and I was wondering if any of our members here might have a picture of him from his playing days. I can be contacted

Contact Mary Kenniston. If there is one out there, she probably has it. She posts pics on Facebook every day and you can message her there.

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• Greg Stevens Staton Watson Spaeth Mullens.jpg
    Greg Stevens Staton Watson Spaeth Mullens.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

mcsock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW it worked. First pic I have tried to upload. Hope this helps.
BUT!!! the pic is bogus, it is used atleast 3 othere times on the web site for different people. Sorry I just checked the name and posted it. Then was looking for pics of people I might know and saw it show up over and over again

Last edited:

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys this is the info that I got from Mary Kenniston about the posted photo....

Hi Shaun, Only have one - this was given to me by Bill Staton ("Weenie Beenie"). I was told it's from the back room at the '64 Johnston City. I went to the thread you're referencing. Someone posted the same pic - someone else claims it's bogus. I don't know on what basis he thinks that's the case. Here's the details: Beenie is shooting - Harry Petros with the cue. The railbirds are Don Watson, Joey Spaeth, Craig Stevens & Billy Mullins. Craig Stevens, not Greg. Common mistake.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
WOW it worked. First pic I have tried to upload. Hope this helps.
BUT!!! the pic is bogus, it is used atleast 3 othere times on the web site for different people. Sorry I just checked the name and posted it. Then was looking for pics of people I might know and saw it show up over and over again

I've never seen a picture of Craig (Is it Craig or Greg? I've heard both.) Stevens, but I've certainly heard the legendary stories. That's really cool if that's him. Can anyone else verify this?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
His given name was Greg, he just used Craig when on the road. He had a family game room here in Wichita for years, and the sign out front said, 'Greg Stevens Family Game Room'. I saw him twice in the 70's at Burke's Steakhouse.

The 3rd railbird from the left in that picture does not resemble him to me from when I saw him. Greg was not that heavy at all. The 4th guy from the left looks closer to him than the 3rd.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Gotta feeling this man has it...
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=300815&highlight=greg+stevens

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice read...can anyone please upload the Facebook pic here, for those of us w/out account there?
I am not getting sucked into that mess!

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
Hey guys this is the info that I got from Mary Kenniston about the posted photo....

Hi Shaun, Only have one - this was given to me by Bill Staton ("Weenie Beenie"). I was told it's from the back room at the '64 Johnston City. I went to the thread you're referencing. Someone posted the same pic - someone else claims it's bogus. I don't know on what basis he thinks that's the case. Here's the details: Beenie is shooting - Harry Petros with the cue. The railbirds are Don Watson, Joey Spaeth, Craig Stevens & Billy Mullins. Craig Stevens, not Greg. Common mistake.

Bogus? That's the above players! I knew them all. I dont think its 1964 though, because the table they are playing on is a Schmidt. That is the first table used at Johnston City, Then Gold Crown and then Gandy's. They only used the Schmidts for a couple of years. I think 2 yrs only.

Craig or Greg? It was my final belief that his actual name was Greg.

Beard

To Snapshot9, that is the photo that I apparently lost somewhere. The one I told you I was looking for in my email.

Last edited:

freddy the beard

Freddy Bentivegna
Silver Member
His given name was Greg, he just used Craig when on the road. He had a family game room here in Wichita for years, and the sign out front said, 'Greg Stevens Family Game Room'. I saw him twice in the 70's at Burke's Steakhouse.

The 3rd railbird from the left in that picture does not resemble him to me from when I saw him. Greg was not that heavy at all. The 4th guy from the left looks closer to him than the 3rd.

The guy with the white jacket is Greg. To his right is Joey Spaeth.

Beard