James Aranas vs Justin Bergman -10 Ball Action Rematch - 8pm Tonight

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
why would you play SVB in his best game? Magic rack won't help, bergman has a great controlled 10b break with magic rack, but clearly he doesn't have it down pat to the point where he can just make a ball on autopilot.

Agreed, too tough an assignment. SVB beats him handily in any format, but with neutral racker and silly tight conditions, Justin might get past 40 in a race to 50. Without neutral racker, I see this as more like 50-33 for the South Dakota Kid.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CreeDo;6393922 All that being said said:
Berg tried to play 9 ball and bet more but SVB declined.

Capture.PNG

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Sir, my thought process is spot on.

Notice I said "I wouldn't travel from Alabama to Texas". I never said anything about them or anyone already being there.

Of course I would do it if I was "already there". But, I stand by my original statement about it not being worth it to "travel + room expenses + food + miscellaneous expenses" for $1,000 sets.

Naw, even the winner is a loser unless they play several sets and he wins every single set.

Example:

You and I meet in middle to play 5 sets for 1k each. Were there for 2 days and nights. By the time we each pay for gas, food, rooms....etc...etc... how much would you clear if you won 3 out of the 5 sets?

Now....lol....what if you only end up 1 set ahead? Lololol.....guess what? You do good to break even.

That's what I was getting at. I was not talking about that specific match. I made it clear in my original post that "I" would travel....etc...etc... for next to nothing.

Why do you think so many pros pass on tournaments even if they are the favorite to place or even win? Cause the risk to reward isn't there, that's why.

You know this chit as well as anyone does!
Well said Rake!