Need Help With Harvey Martin/ Bert Schrager -Apprentice/Cuemaker Tree

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Would appreciate any help with information who apprentice under Harvey Martin and Bert Schrager to finish Martin/Schrager Cuemaker Tree see Sample below.

How much your cue can fetch depend not only on workmanship, but also their pedigree.

I gather the list below mentally, so if I am wrong please correct me... I'm awared that some cuemakers/apprentice might apprentice under other cuemakers!

cuemakers tree.gif

Last edited:

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tad Kohara -> Fred Kohara, from father to son. I had no idea that Tad was an apprentice to someone. I just thought he bought equipment from someone. Then again, I don't really know that much about Tad Kohara, but would like to know more.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tad Kohara -> Fred Kohara, from father to son. I had no idea that Tad was an apprentice to someone. I just thought he bought equipment from someone. Then again, I don't really know that much about Tad Kohara, but would like to know more.

Mamono, Tad Kohara - was Influenced by Harvey Martin and a friend, The old TADs very similar to a Martin Cue. Question would be how much adviced or training did Tad get from H. Martin and over how many months or years?

Just as David P. Kersenbrock work with Bert Schrager, But for how many months or years?

Just as some source say Dave Barenbrugge - was Kersenbrock 3rd disciple [apprentice], But Dave only mention Dieckman in his Bio, in the "Blue Book of Pool Cue". At Dieckman for 2 years.

Lot of questions and surprise hope to be found!

Bob Watson

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brady Andreson apprenticed under Bert Schrager also, I believe.

I alos think that Mike Montalvo worked with Tim Padgett for a while.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brady Andreson apprenticed under Bert Schrager also, I believe.

I alos think that Mike Montalvo worked with Tim Padgett for a while.

Poolhustler, Not Friendly with the name Brady Anderson or Mike Montalvo can you enlighten me with a little Bio or more detail?

Here an updates. I thought there would be more input, but then it is the weekend.

cuemakers tree.gif

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member

Would appreciate any help with information who apprentice under Harvey Martin and Bert Schrager to finish Martin/Schrager Cuemaker Tree see Sample below.

How much your cue can fetch depend not only on workmanship, but also their pedigree.

I gather the list below mentally, so if I am wrong please correct me... I'm awared that some cuemakers/apprentice might apprentice under other cuemakers!

View attachment 95060
that is neat bob!!!
next to my name , add: "player to be named later" :wink:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Louie Ochoa from Osarah Custom Cues worked for Tim Padgett off and on for about 7 years also.

Brady Andreson (you misspelled his last name) works out of Thousand Oaks area in CA and strangely enough, no one has really heard of him. I don't know if he is a full time cue maker or not. He sells his cues through Alpha Cue.

Mike Montalvo is from Rancho Cucamonga?? area of CA and I believe is good friends with Ariel Carmeli.

Sorry, I'm lacking on details...:)

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolhustler, Thank for the Correction and addition information.

Brent Thank. your apprentice will be added in due time - Keystone Beer right !!

Newer updated tree.

I realize some cuemaker apprentice under other cuemaker. Sample Ed Young apprentice or learn from Craig Peterson. Or that DPK work with four different shops [counting his own].

cuemakers tree.gif

Last edited:

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just emailed Bert to see if he can remember them all. I'll update you once/if I hear back from him.

I worked with Bert in early 1977 for about 5-6 months doing inlay work for him before going back to school. It was a trip. Pat & Bert remain good friends.

Dave

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talked to Mike Montalvo today at Hardtimes, he never worked under Tim Padgett. He said he worked under Judd.

I collect Schragers and am good friends with Bert and Pat. I can call them if anything needs clarification. They are good people in my book!!

Russ......

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ and Dave I appreciate the information you guy are giving.

Dave I honor your request to not be put on the tree. But I think you should!

To all AZ member this Tree is free to use, but understand it still a work in progress and may not be 100% correct. Sample did Mike Lambros apprentice/ work with Bert Schrager when he was in Calif.?

The Cuemaker Tree is the Newness one

cuemakers tree.gif

Last edited:

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll give Bert a call today and ask him about Mike Lambros and others that he worked with.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I spoke w/Pat this morning (Bert's wife) and she said that Bert did receive my email about the tree. Unfortunately, Bery is experiencing another health issue so I have no new information to add. If/when I receive updated info, I will post it.

Dave

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave, Sorry to hear about Bert Health. I know Howard Vermillion and Kenneth "Stu" Mortenson need inlay work for Bert. But Mortenson building cue now. You know the list wouldn't be completed with out your name. Dave I'm ashame to say I forgotten your last Name!!!!

I will be adding other item to this Tree as my search deepness.

The New Upated Tree.

cuemakers tree.gif