Dennis vs Ko, race to 100, 20K.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If his weak minded ass can't handle playing 65 games in one day or he gets tired or fatigued from something my 8 year old daughter could endure then he should stick to playing races to 7 and leave the gambling to the big boys.
Well you can stomp your feet over and over , but it won't change the fact , that one of the best players for tourneys or cash was tired at the end of the match period .......
Now since French has picked him up he might be playing more of them and learn how to be better rested for these long grueling 3 day matches but at the end of the day
these gimmick matches are run by puppet pushers , players aren't putting up thier cash
and really thier not that entertaining usualy the winner is almost always decided before the end is reached ,, the only reason they race to 100 is for the streaming cash

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Well you can stomp your feet over and over , but it won't change the fact , that one of the best players for tourneys or cash was tired at the end of the match period .......
Now since French has picked him up he might be playing more of them and learn how to be better rested for these long grueling 3 day matches but at the end of the day
these gimmick matches are run by puppet pushers , players aren't putting up thier cash
and really thier not that entertaining usualy the winner is almost always decided before the end is reached ,, the only reason they race to 100 is for the streaming cash

Congrats. You are the early leader in the clubhouse for dumbest post of the year.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Do you even play pool ? My guess is not

Ummmm, yes, lol. Not very good but I play and I don't play unless I'm gambling. I also used to own a pool room and have gone on the road, play golf with, or hang out with Shannon Daulton, Corey Deuel, Johnny Archer, etc etc. So yeah, I'm fairly well versed in the pool culture.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ummmm, yes, lol. Not very good but I play and I don't play unless I'm gambling. I also used to own a pool room and have gone on the road, play golf with, or hang out with Shannon Daulton, Corey Deuel, Johnny Archer, etc etc. So yeah, I'm fairly well versed in the pool culture.

How many races to 100 have you played ,,

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
How many races to 100 have you played ,,

none, but I can guarantee you that I've played a lot more than 65 games in a single gambling session a lot and it doesn't tire me. I've played ahead sets for damn near 20 hours before. It's not even comparable to playing basketball for a couple of hours or working out or doing actual strenuous work.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Anyone who has gambled playing pool has had all night sessions. Sure you get tired but you fade it or you don't.

I played the other day for 16 hours. Four hours of bank pool, two hours of nine ball and 10 hours of one pocket. at 9am I told my opponent I had to take a break for an hour. Being fat and having back problems takes it's toll. Younger and fitter I could handle long sessions easier.

I wouldn't rule out fatigue being an issue contributing to poor performance since it's been proven that fatigue affects concentration but when it comes to pool players they are conditioned to play long sessions at late hours.

I am going to bet that if Dennis or Ko played against a lower level player for the same amount of time they would both be running out like water against that player no matter how long they played. Probably pressure was more the factor for unforced errors than fatigue.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
none, but I can guarantee you that I've played a lot more than 65 games in a single gambling session a lot and it doesn't tire me. I've played ahead sets for damn near 20 hours before. It's not even comparable to playing basketball for a couple of hours or working out or doing actual strenuous work.

Iv played more than 65 games many times and I dont know of too many times that I was playing as good at 4 am as I was earlier in the evening ,, infact I don't know anything Iv ever done that I was as sharp at the end of the day as I was earlier in the day

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who has gambled playing pool has had all night sessions. Sure you get tired but you fade it or you don't.

I played the other day for 16 hours. Four hours of bank pool, two hours of nine ball and 10 hours of one pocket. at 9am I told my opponent I had to take a break for an hour. Being fat and having back problems takes it's toll. Younger and fitter I could handle long sessions easier.

I wouldn't rule out fatigue being an issue contributing to poor performance since it's been proven that fatigue affects concentration but when it comes to pool players they are conditioned to play long sessions at late hours.

I am going to bet that if Dennis or Ko played against a lower level player for the same amount of time they would both be running out like water against that player no matter how long they played. Probably pressure was more the factor for unforced errors than fatigue.

The body fatigue is one thing the Brain is another ,, you can rest the body in a chair ,, however the only way the mind can replenish is sleep. ,,

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Ko lost because it was rigged and he got tired.
Dennis is a spring chicken and Fnenchie fixed the match.
We need more excuses.

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
Ever match up and play races to 11 for some cash?

How many times have you lost/won....and played a second set?

How many times have you split two....and played a third?

How many times have you played 4, 5, 6 sets in a session?

Um....................ALMOST EVERY TIME.

Yep, pretty much

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's wrong with that it was a good evenly matched race with each knowing that the other was capable of of stringing racks. Forget the stake horses, these two guys are ultra competitive and hammered at each other for 3 days. Stress equals fatigue, especially at the end when it is over and the adrenaline shuts down.

Almost 200 games. Nip and tuck all the way. I'd watch a rematch in a heartbeat and not ***** and hunt for negatives at whatever the outcome.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
What's wrong with that it was a good evenly matched race with each knowing that the other was capable of of stringing racks. Forget the stake horses, these two guys are ultra competitive and hammered at each other for 3 days. Stress equals fatigue, especially at the end when it is over and the adrenaline shuts down.

Almost 200 games. Nip and tuck all the way. I'd watch a rematch in a heartbeat and not ***** and hunt for negatives at whatever the outcome.

People gotta whine.
The tables in Taiwan have tight pockets.
Busti, Kiamco and Dennis lost their wallets there.
NY humidity in January? Lol
Try Taiwan.

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
People gotta whine.
The tables in Taiwan have tight pockets.
Busti, Kiamco and Dennis lost their wallets there.
NY humidity in January? Lol
Try Taiwan.

4" aren't buckets.

Dennis is gutsy and jumped right back in.

Chinese & Taiwanese are so fundamentally sound.

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmmm so the stake horse was staking them both. So it was basically an exihibtion match.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why is it that Jay sees what we can't see?:rolleyes:

There's a lot more to handicapping a match than just analyzing the two players strengths and weaknesses. I was pretty sure the "conditions" would be right for Dennis to play a good match and I wasn't so sure about Ko. I'm not going to tell you all that went into me making this prediction.

As for the next BIG match with Shane, a lot will depend on what happens at DCC, so no prediction for now. ;)