0 For 37

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things are continuing to progress. The Magic Rack seems to have helped my breaking woes. I ran out several times today. But, unfortunately, I also hosed up several opportunities as well. Hosing up racks that I feel I should run is my #1 issue now.

But at least things are changing for the better......

r/DCP

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
So your break still sucks, you just now have a rack which allows a ball to go in every time.

Like the other poster said, the magic rack is a bandaid.

If you ever venture out to Obrien's or another tourney, you will be right back to square 1.

Things are continuing to progress. The Magic Rack seems to have helped my breaking woes. I ran out several times today. But, unfortunately, I also hosed up several opportunities as well. Hosing up racks that I feel I should run is my #1 issue now.

But at least things are changing for the better......

r/DCP

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So your break still sucks, you just now have a rack which allows a ball to go in every time.

Like the other poster said, the magic rack is a bandaid.

If you ever venture out to Obrien's or another tourney, you will be right back to square 1.

There's nothing wrong with my break. One of the greatest players of all time told me it was fine. I am going to believe him rather than some bozo that constantly wants to post insults and negative crap on an internet forum.

r/DCP

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's nothing wrong with my break. One of the greatest players of all time told me it was fine. I am going to believe him rather than some bozo that constantly wants to post insults and negative crap on an internet forum.

r/DCP

You just spent several posts trying to convince everyone that you're a lousy breaker and now you're saying there's nothing wrong with your break. It's a miracle.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You just spent several posts trying to convince everyone that you're a lousy breaker and now you're saying there's nothing wrong with your break. It's a miracle.

Where did I say I was a lousy breaker?

Perhaps one might have interpreted my posts that way, not sure. Most of the time I was just moaning and groaning about not having any luck on my GCIV. Which has been, for the 10,000th time, a stingy table.

r/DCP

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where did I say I was a lousy breaker?

Perhaps one might have interpreted my posts that way, not sure. Most of the time I was just moaning and groaning about not having any luck on my GCIV. Which has been, for the 10,000th time, a stingy table.

r/DCP

Your poor stats, which you kept us all informed of, spoke for themselves. You have to know how to read a rack and adjust your break if you wanted to improve those stats under the same conditions. There were no magic racks for decades up until recently. Back then you actually had to have some knowledge about breaking in order to be successful. Your lack of success clearly shows your lack of knowledge in how to adjust. Don't kid yourself about these rack templates. Even the lousiest breakers can make a ball with those. It doesn't mean you know how to break. It means the template is working.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
It cant be that bad though. Even if I was the worst breaker on the planet I should be able to get balls down more and then end up with a decent spread more than once every 35 breaks.

I am trying to find someone not too far away thats considered a good breaker and have them come to my place.
r/DCP

The best defense against the incoming player is a very tight rack.

If you want to test the table relative to the rack, break with some soft and even very soft breaks. For example, put the cue ball a diamond to either side of the spot and break with the equivalent of a mere stop shot on the head ball. Hitting it as softly as a stop shot, or even softer, should open the balls some and give you feedback, then you can increase the speed by increment to build a good mix of power and control.

Try the stop-break with a 10-ball rack also. I've broken in five balls off a ten-ball rack this way, although those tables weren't tight.