cue component doing shady stuff beware

Coos Cues

Coos Cues
Things went sideways with Joe and the OP when he called Joe a fool. Now he has decided that Joe is a thief despite never having stolen anything from OP. Not only that, judging by his later post best I can decipher it, anyone that doesn't agree with him is probably a thief too!

Hu

If someone accepts your money and then ships you something substantially different than described you are being stolen from.

People who steal from you are thieves.

Joe did this to me. Then told me I was an idiot, and I did not call him a fool first.

But he didn't do it to me twice.

So go ahead and round up your lawyers and sue me for libel. I still have the "highly figured" firewood on the shelf. Should I post some pictures?

Sure as hell won't be building any cues out of it.

amonkire

Registered
First I would like to say that I took some civil law in college, I have also started preparing a case against him myself. He really has no chance I still have the pics and the tips to prove my case. It is one thing to say something but another to have physical evidence to support your claim, not to mention the emails that I showed and the latest of his rants that I have not shown. This will end in court. It was good but also sad to also find that others shared my view and experience with this child. I wont be posting anymore on this topic for reasons stated above.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
First I would like to say that I took some civil law in college, I have also started preparing a case against him myself. He really has no chance I still have the pics and the tips to prove my case. It is one thing to say something but another to have physical evidence to support your claim, not to mention the emails that I showed and the latest of his rants that I have not shown. This will end in court. It was good but also sad to also find that others shared my view and experience with this child. I wont be posting anymore on this topic for reasons stated above.

That would be silly for $20. Best thing is to report it to BBB, move on, lesson learned. You got a dig in on AZ - he has his following and those people have dwindled over the years. Why anybody would use him is beyond me.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't really care if your an "original" or not, there is no excuse to talk to people in that way. Look at Mr. Barringer site, it's full of his personal ramblings. He used to be on AZB also, but was banned several times and had quite a few fake accounts as well.
He has sold his own tips for a long time and copying the logo and design of several well known brands, not sure how he gets away with that...
As for the quality of what Mr. Barringer sells or used to sell, that can be debated too. The "jet black" phenolic is far from jet black and the Micarta is nothing like the old stuff. My experience with wood from CueComponents is limited, but there are plenty of stories about lack of quality control and descriptions not matching what you actually get.
I at one point bought his DVD's from Ebay and I must say it's some of the worst instructional videos ever made! In the videos you get a clear idea of what type of personality Mr. Barringer is. His love for CA and PU glue is certainly very clear...
As for the tips, the ones I've seen is utter rubbish! I do about 1000 tips each year, just about every brand you can name, so I feel confident in my own technique and the tools I use. Every Morakami tip a customer has ever given me has delaminated. I bought a few boxes of Super- Pro tips from Mr. Barringer way back and after 15 tips delaminating, I gave up on them. I still have the boxes on my shelf just to remind my self to buy quality over quantity.

a friend was going to place a big order but read his rants and was discouraged. reminds me of the cuemaker Q-Perfect who had the same kind of rants on his website, only ten times crazier. that guy was nuttier than squirrel poo. commercial websites and personal rants don't mix well

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe you should have taken a business economics class as well if you're planning on suing for a silly $20 transaction gone bad.
Not defending CueComponents but why would you install tios that admittedly knew were the wrong tips instead of asking for a refund or exchange? Even if you were silly enough to take it to court that would essentially guarantee yourself an L on that case.
Go find a different supplier and chalk this up as a learning experience.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The info we have here does not indicate the nature of the plea, but when one is charged with a misdemeanor, he usually does not plead to a felony. Assuming the plea was to made what was charged (based on available info) Joe is not a convicted felon and (again based only on what is here) saying such is not wise. I do not have the time . . . but this is similar to finding kids playing with a loaded gun.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True that...

Maybe you should have taken a business economics class as well if you're planning on suing for a silly $20 transaction gone bad.
Not defending CueComponents but why would you install tios that admittedly knew were the wrong tips instead of asking for a refund or exchange? Even if you were silly enough to take it to court that would essentially guarantee yourself an L on that case.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Unfortunately for Joe, a $20 tip scam may cost him his business. If the OP does successfully sue Joe, then the feds will have the legal authority to comb through his acquiring methods for these tips. If it is found that he is intentionally misleading customers and making false statements, then the feds would hit him with fines surpassing anything he’d gain from the sales for the next 5 years. Along with charges for whatever laws he’s breaking by knowingly selling fakes. The OP may be out a few more hundred $$$$, but Joe will lose everything.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lololololololol

Too much Law & Order up in hrrre.
Unfortunately for Joe, a $20 tip scam may cost him his business. If the OP does successfully sue Joe, then the feds will have the legal authority to comb through his acquiring methods for these tips. If it is found that he is intentionally misleading customers and making false statements, then the feds would hit him with fines surpassing anything he’d gain from the sales for the next 5 years. Along with charges for whatever laws he’s breaking by knowingly selling fakes. The OP may be out a few more hundred $$$$, but Joe will lose everything.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I could turn it red again if I wanted to

It's hilarious that when I first saw this thread, the OP's bar was completely red. Now, he's completely green. What did he do to deserve the red swipe? What did he do to deserve someone giving him a green?

His writing was so cobbled up he was either calling himself or anyone that said anything good about Joe "probably a thief" to cover his butt. I objected to being called even "probably a thief". That turned his bar red. Partially entertainment too, to see the result. I don't know if I have given out red rep since Smorg died. I think he was the one that stirred up red rep runs back in the day. Whenever someone asked me to negative rep somebody I would run a quick check to make sure they deserved it and usually did it.

The red rep was partially for old times sake, partially because the guy is behaving like a total idiot, and mostly because he seemed to want to attack me without the balls to actually do it. No doubt it turned back green when one or more people maxed out on green that don't like Joe saw it red. The bar only represents a tiny amount of our rep and giving green has twice the value of giving red. People worked everything out to a fine detail in the days of the rep game. I did discover that rep locks up at two billion, hex.

A supplier that claims to be a huge Christian took me to the cleaners. Atlas screwed me. Joe has always treated me right and better than right. I give everyone one shot. Joe still hasn't taken his.

So far while multiple people have called Joe a thief, not one has said he has stolen anything from them. Loose language. I suspect they would be whiny if I called everyone that disagreed with me a murderer!:D

Hu

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
His writing was so cobbled up he was either calling himself or anyone that said anything good about Joe "probably a thief" to cover his butt. I objected to being called even "probably a thief". That turned his bar red. Partially entertainment too, to see the result. I don't know if I have given out red rep since Smorg died. I think he was the one that stirred up red rep runs back in the day. Whenever someone asked me to negative rep somebody I would run a quick check to make sure they deserved it and usually did it.

The red rep was partially for old times sake, partially because the guy is behaving like a total idiot, and mostly because he seemed to want to attack me without the balls to actually do it. No doubt it turned back green when one or more people maxed out on green that don't like Joe saw it red. The bar only represents a tiny amount of our rep and giving green has twice the value of giving red. People worked everything out to a fine detail in the days of the rep game. I did discover that rep locks up at two billion, hex.

A supplier that claims to be a huge Christian took me to the cleaners. Atlas screwed me. Joe has always treated me right and better than right. I give everyone one shot. Joe still hasn't taken his.

So far while multiple people have called Joe a thief, not one has said he has stolen anything from them. Loose language. I suspect they would be whiny if I called everyone that disagreed with me a murderer!:D

Hu
Well, he calls the Kamui owner a thief.
And the Kamui owner has never stolen anything in his life .
And why is he still selling Tiger products ?
From his site .
" We are no longer a distributor because our dear friend "Tony" decided to cancel our distributorship as we would not "comply" and fix prices against our friends and customers. Imagine that."

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From his site .
" We are no longer a distributor because our dear friend "Tony" decided to cancel our distributorship as we would not "comply" and fix prices against our friends and customers. Imagine that."
Sounds about right for pool.

Carry on.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am not exactly up to date!

From his site .

Joey,

My cue equipment has been in storage since Hurricane Isaac. What wood and other materials Hurricane Isaac didn't get I have mostly traded off. I'm not up to date with goings on in the cue world. Thinking about breaking out the lathe to turn some other trinkets, might do a little cue work, hard to say.

Joe is a big boy and can take care of himself. I didn't say a thing about calling him a thief until the OP wanted to include me in the calling. That I did and do object to. I suspect that if Joe is still selling a product he is no longer a distributor for he had stock on the shelves and will sell until it is depleted. I still have a few Moori II's around. Traded or gave away the more common ones, have the break tips and I don't know just what.

Anyway, you know as well as I do that some of the old cue builders dealt happily with Joe for decades. Always two sides of a story. It isn't something I am going to get upset about with friends on both sides of the discussion. On the other hand, if any no-nut chickenshit excuse for an asshole calls me things, well I'll probably return the favor!:thumbup:

Hu

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Looks like someone struck a nerve

This was in his most recent newsletter....:wink:

MOORI TIPS:
Since the Corona epidemic, Moori has not been producing many tips so there is currently a shortage and few dealers have any. We just ran out of Mediums but we had a deep inventory of them and that's why they lasted this long. Supposedly, there is a new clown out there who is fronting for Moori and claims to be his International Distributor. When we negotiated pricing, this clown said he needed a 30% deposit and the order would be filled in about 2 months. Many of you who know us, can imagine what we told him. Suffice to say we declined.

So, no more Moori? Of course not! We are currently in the testing phase of Moori USA and expect to have a complete line in about 30-45 days. The leather from Japan is on the way! We expect the new "International Distributor" to enact a Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) and with limited supplies, pricing will surely spike. We don't want to participate in that clown show so we take matters into our own hands and produce competing products just as we produced Morakami to combat Kamui high MAP pricing, G2 USA to compete with MAP of G2 Japan and our ever popular Extreme line up to compete with Tiger Products MAP Krap line up. Now there will be a Moori USA to compete with Moori Japan.

The Idiot Frontier:
We haven't reported on the idiot group in quite a long time. For those of you who don't know what we're talking about; I'm talking about the various news groups where all the "experts" congregate. We recently made news when a client started a thread because he couldn't get his own way; I'm not kidding. And then true to form, all our fiends on these various newsgroups chime in with their own personal stories; some true, some not true and of course some embellished for their own satisfaction. We ignore this childish behavior and run our business. These morons have more time on their hands than they know what to do with. It's sorta like some "protesters" out there today. If they had jobs, they wouldn't be protesting. Well, that holds true for many of the newsgroup "experts" as well. One joker has, can you believe this, 25,000 posts!!! I kid you not. Based on that he posts 5 times a day, every day of the week for years and year and years. This sort of gives you an idea of the pinheads who discuss things on these forums. If they were successful, they wouldn't have the time to post so much. Case closed. They are all, for the most part, losers.

They've been bashing us for 2 decades and we're still here, still in business and still doing very well despite all their nonsense, libelous, untruthful (in most cases) posts about us. Years later, when they know the truth, these detractors still choose to call me a convicted felon when everyone knows we've never been convicted of any felonies. We have a CCP (concealed carry) in the State of Florida. This rumor stems from when we were raided by the Feds over a decade ago as we were the country's largest pre-ban elephant ivory dealer. After conducting a 3 year investigation, the best the Feds could come up with was a misdemeanor for us not having a $75 permit. I kid you not! Unlike our friends over at Atlas fiber who also got raided and were criminally liable, ended paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. Someone posted on the thread that we paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines as well. How do you like that, another untruth. Our fine was $3000. This same joker posted that it put a crimp in our business. There is nothing further from the truth. If you added 2 more zero's onto that sum it wouldn't put a crimp into our business as we're very well heeled.

Fakes:
These same clowns constantly call our Extreme line-up of tips and our Morakami tips - fakes. Just like Nissan is a competing brand to Toyota; our Morakami line up is a competing brand to overpriced Kamui. Just like our Extreme line-up is a competing brand to Tiger Tips. And the list goes on and on. These forum idiots are too busy drinking the Kamui and Tiger Kool Aid to wake up and realize that they are being taken advantage of. These products exorbitant MAP pricing structure does nothing for the consumer except make the manufacturer more money. They have no spines and prefer to kiss Kamui and Tiger's butts. It's really disgusting to read their crap.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Although I knew better I ordered some stuff from Cue Components.
Total disaster, each item was crap, no help from Barringer.
I should have forced a return but instead decided to take $170 worth of junk, salvage
what I could, and toss the rest out onto the highway.
Didn't think you could screw up rubber bumpers and joint protectors.
Now I know what everybody has been talking about all these years, and I was mad at
myself for placing an order with Cue Components.

Joe Barringer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Gentlemen...

I've been refraining from replying for quite a while but there comes a point when I guess it may become necessary. I'll add to this later.

Gee, someone said I was banned; imagine that.