Thinking about writing a book...

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Three tips for you to consider:

If you want to write books, read books.

The first chapter and the last chapter are the least difficult. The rest, that is the real work.

Someone needs to die. Death sells.

Good luck

This cant be a fictional death either, you really have to kill someone and then write about it :thumbup:

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Write your book I can guarantee you’ll sell at least one. Let me know when it’s out and I’ll order. Good luck

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Write your book I can guarantee you’ll sell at least one. Let me know when it’s out and I’ll order. Good luck

Thanks guys.

Much appreciated to everyone who pitched in. I'm writing it!!

Will take some time of course but I'm ready. First copies besides my folks, go to Jay and dnixon.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is more than one way to write a book. You can write it for artistic personal reasons and hope it sells. Or not. The reward is the process and any money earned is a bonus.

Or you can write a book with intent to make money. If you are doing this it’s a job or business that needs to be defined with a comprehensive business plan including marketing plan, distribution plan, etc... you could even hire a ghost writer to actually write it if you don’t like writing or aren’t very good at it.

Your odds of making money are much better in the second scenario. Your odds of really enjoying the process and having a cathartic moment is more likely with the first.

I have a friend who recently finished and self published his life’s work. The great American novel. He will probably not make money but it was important to him to complete it. Now he’s off to the next challenge after 10 years.

Another friend saw a need in the marketplace for information she possessed and made a plan, built up a social media following to promote her book in advance. Took time out of her work schedule to work on it. Hired a good editor and wrote her book in about 5-6 months. She made $7 million on it the first year and now enjoys annual income in the $10+ MM/year range and has quit her job to focus on building more revenue streams around the ideas in her book,

Obviously most writers fall somewhere in between.

Where you fall in the spectrum is entirely up to you.

Last edited:

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Good ideas all around. The beginning of this project is now. Title of the book will be "Legends in the Shadows"

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Sixpack, what is her name and title of the book?

As a fellow member asking, it should not be considered spam to let us know.
It could be a resource for the OP.