alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Havent seen his name mentioned lately.Does he still play around
Rochester Minn.?

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I remeber greg well from late 80s early 90s I seem to remember he had a legit profession and only played when he had time away

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He went back to living happily ever after.........

Greg is a friend of mine. I havn't seen him for a long time but we had many battles over the years.

It seemed like every tourny I played in up north for years you always had to beat greg if you wanted to win the tournament.

Tough player for sure.

He had a real high paying job before he made the commitment to play pool full time.

After trying to make money at the pool for quite a few years he gave up and went back to work.

I'm sure he's in pretty good shape financially and is living happily ever after without pool.

He's a real nice guy for sure and I felt lucky to be one of his friends.

If you read this somehow Greg. Good Luck.................

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have not herd that name in a very long time. He made a very good living at his profession if i remember correctly.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
In a Billiards Digest profile on him back in the day,it said he worked as a PROGRAMMER for IBM.

It also mentioned he had 2 Masters degrees (Computer Science and Math),and that he had taken a 1 yr leave of absence to test the waters on the MPBA tour.

If he's still working for IBM,he's probably a millionaire (at least on paper),and possibly close to early retirement age.

He was a strong player,but SLOOOOW. Tommy D.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked him up on our internet IBM network and he is still working at IBM in Rochester. I haven't seen him shoot in a few years now. A few years back, I asked to see if we could schedule a half a Saturday a month or something for a longer practice session. He declined. Said between work and family life, he didn't have much free time.

Not much left for strong players in Rochester. Pool is pretty much dead here. $1.50 a game (in the bars, but can pay by the hour too) and no pool hall. Pretty much all the good players Rochester once had aren't here, or don't play. But the Twin Cities are a quick drive away. Still one of the strongest areas in amateur pool.

sopadre

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg fix

Greg was one of the top players in the Minneapolis area for many years.He and Jimmy Wetch had many epic battles.Jimmy was regarded as #1 and Greg was#2.Greg"s best game was 14-1,but he played all games at high level.He was always a gentleman and a popular player.He did play realllllllly slow,lol I moved down to the Island 10 years ago so I haven't seen him in many years,but I am glad to see he is doing well in business and family .

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for all who replied.
nice to hear he is doing well.
It is to bad the MPBA didnt work out. 4 great players-Fix,Hunter,
and both Paul Guernseys I would love to see more of!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
USOpen

When I first started going to the USOpen in 97 I remember seeing him play Strictland and his slow play drove Earl nuts.