Prayers for Brian Groce please!

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brian is in the hospital with some complications. Not sure of all the details but from what I understand it could be serious. He is a great player with tons of heart and spirit. I'm praying he can pull through. Keep him and his family in your thoughts.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
prayers sent

don't know Him personally, but have watched him play numerous times, prayers sent, what happened ?

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just stopped at John Waynes last night............

I went over there to see if he wanted to play some last night.

If nothing else just to say high and talk a little. I consider Brian a pretty good friend with a few classic battles over the years. It's been really fun talking to Brian and getting to know him personally during my stay in Indy.

We talked a few days ago about playing some when he was in the car on the way back from the Expo.

Hoping for the best. Your on my prayer list.

Last edited:

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep us updated please. Brian is a hell of a nice guy and a world class player. also runs the best calcutta's in the country.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
All the best to Brian for a speedy recovery.

I hadn't heard of him until a few weeks ago when I stumbled across of video of him playing 10-ball against SVB. He kicked butt.

Hopefully he'll kick this too.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
wow, he'll be in my prayers....please update when you can.

I met Brian here in Peoria for a tourney, and thought he was an easy enough guy to get along with, and then talked to him quite a bit at the Derby this year....found out my suspicions were confirmed...REAL good guy. Hope it's something minor, and all comes out well.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Released...

Brian was released from the hospital. They prepared for the worst and hoped for the best, and it ended up not being as serious as they thought. He is expected to be ok.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Brian was released from the hospital. They prepared for the worst and hoped for the best, and it ended up not being as serious as they thought. He is expected to be ok.

Just in time to catch some japanese steak house on his way home.... Good to hear

huckster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great player and real good guy once came over and informed us we double payed a set he's aces in my book and a real bulldog on the table

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sounds like a wakeup call..........

Knowing Brian he'd probably tell me to come on over anyway and play some at John Waynes tonight.

One thing for sure I know he would be rested.

If you read this Brian I'll call you in a day or two.

Glad to hear your OK. We need to keep the good guys around as long as we can. ;):cool:

Culinarytracker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to play Brian at the Indiana Fall Classic at John Wayne's last year. He was the first player to completely change my view of what a "good" player really was. Good to hear he's doing well. I appreciate the severe 8 ball beating I was given by him.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad to hear things are better than expected for Brian. He's a good guy and one hell of a Calcutta MC.