Jb Rugged 4x8 review

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Over the years I've witnessed plenty of rants by JB, and can't say I've agreed with many of them, in this case he is right. Plenty of people think he can be a ass, but you'll not find many that have bad things to say about his cases.

He offered a refund in multiple ways, and the OP doesn't want one. Which seems silly if he doesn't like the case. Just seems like a post to ***** about John being short with him at a show. Guessing no one doubts that could happen, and John doesn't even pretend like it wouldn't happen.

Take the refund and move on.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Well, stop talking about it and do the damn video. You say it comes partially out, not completely out.

Prove it. Otherwise, I see no point in this ongoing drama.

I've had the pleasure of a few "friendly" debates with John which have always ended with him saying " Adam, your right as usual". So, in the spirit of supporting him i also support the OP posting video of the defective case.

That is the crux of this post, right?

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your sad if you need to advertise on someone's review like does it get any lower hahahah oh man everytime I think you've outdone yourself you just surprise me even more everytime. You lied about knowing what I said to you at the expo I did NOT just say "does the interior come out" your a bs artist that had the audacity to call a former customer a liar then on top of it put words in his mouth. Your a disgrace to the billiard community. Now the billiard world has proof of how scum you truly are as a human being. I hope you recover from your shoot yourself in the foot syndrom.
Pardner, the man offered you a total refund over this disagreement and your dissatisfaction with his case.
What more do you expect him to do for you?
Ever think about just taking the money and going about your business without all this crud?
Give peace a chance.....
:thumbup2:

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
Well I lasted for two pages and had to skip to the last page. This has gotten ridiculous. Calling John names is totally uncalled for. I haven't always agreed with John's opinions, but one thing no one can dispute is the quality of his cases, and his level of customer service. I have owned every high end case made, and while they all have a nice fit and finish, certain ones lend themselves to my liking better than others. Jack's cases are the best looking IMO, however you can't get your hands in the pockets easy enough for me. Castillo cases were a little rough in fit and finish, but that was early on in Gil's career. I've owned a JB 4x8 Butterfly case that I custom ordered from John and it was everything I wanted and more. So much so that a teammate of mine bugged me until I finally sold it to him just to shut him up. I currently use a Whitten 2x4 and love it. It's the most user friendly case with easy access to what's in the pockets. I will order another 4x8 Butterfly from John as I miss having that case. As John has stated in the past, some high end case makers charge a higher amount when using exotic skins, where John would only charge whatever the additional amount incurred by the cost of the skin.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John I'm confused you first said I needed proof of our meeting and now your saying we did meet and I asked one question? Did you just remember me or what?
Having read all 6 pages I wondered that myself, although, for whatever it's worth, the name calling based upon my past experiences, might result in a time out,(although I think we are without a moderator at this point, so who knows).

In my opinion, no reason to get so worked up, take the refund and call it a day.

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha I will have to do a video to show the interior comes out completely all he did was tuck it back in ��

I was front row, first poster in thread, still waiting for that video.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth at least two thousand.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OP (Vin Silv on Facebook) has now taken this to OBM Seller/Buyer Transaction Group.

Is there a doctor in the house?

SmokinJoe46

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having read all 6 pages I wondered that myself, although, for whatever it's worth, the name calling based upon my past experiences, might result in a time out,(although I think we are without a moderator at this point, so who knows).

In my opinion, no reason to get so worked up, take the refund and call it a day.

Where is the "Like" button?

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was being tong & cheek though...
Welcome to the forums... It's a fun place, how long you been playing?

5e0f42b8-320a-4360-9f3f-343acda73407_1.6bf98bd5c99cb14672d3bd1d0efd1199.jpeg

Screen_Shot_2018-09-12_at_3.43.20_PM.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
So on Facebook the OP has been going off about how I just make myself look good by offering a refund only after he made this "review" public on AZB and not when he was in my booth at SBE last year.

I want to reiterate again that the customer, by his own admission, did not ask for or want anything when he came to my booth and didn't ask for or want anything before he left.

So there is no basis for his claim. Yes, AFTER he made this complaint here on AZB I offered a refund but not to make myself look good but because that is the first I have heard in the past ten months since SBE 2018 that there is a problem.

I am sorry but if you're at a show with us then please take that opportunity to tell us what we need to know so that we can do everything reasonable to make your you are satisfied before you leave the booth. I do NOT want your visit to our booth to be a sour experience and I don't want it to be something that taints your experience at the Super Billiards Expo. I never want that.

I showed up there for the first time when I was about 23/24 years old full of wonder and amazement. I am sick that this man has been carrying around this resentment since last year and although I don't think I did anything wrong in his case I will thinking hard about how to make sure that we don't let anyone leave the booth without getting assurances that they are fully satisfied.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
john
i own several of your rugged cases and a leather one and they are great and have not failed me after at least 5 years
i have learned that there are some people you just cant please
this guy seems to be one of those
lets give him the benefit of the doubt that you were a jerk and insensitive to his complaint in the booth
now that you are aware of the problem
you offer to pay the full retail value of the case to gil castillo for the return of the case
what more can you do?
you cant undo your perceived mistreatment in the booth
the fact that this guy cant move on just proves you have a stalker who is out to get you
jmho....icbw
only thing i could say is have your supporters respond to the facebook page that they are happy and have had no problems with your cases

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So on Facebook the OP has been going off about how I just make myself look good by offering a refund only after he made this "review" public on AZB and not when he was in my booth at SBE last year.

I want to reiterate again that the customer, by his own admission, did not ask for or want anything when he came to my booth and didn't ask for or want anything before he left.

So there is no basis for his claim. Yes, AFTER he made this complaint here on AZB I offered a refund but not to make myself look good but because that is the first I have heard in the past ten months since SBE 2018 that there is a problem.

I am sorry but if you're at a show with us then please take that opportunity to tell us what we need to know so that we can do everything reasonable to make your you are satisfied before you leave the booth. I do NOT want your visit to our booth to be a sour experience and I don't want it to be something that taints your experience at the Super Billiards Expo. I never want that.

I showed up there for the first time when I was about 23/24 years old full of wonder and amazement. I am sick that this man has been carrying around this resentment since last year and although I don't think I did anything wrong in his case I will thinking hard about how to make sure that we don't let anyone leave the booth without getting assurances that they are fully satisfied.

John,
I have one of the 12, "special edition" 2 butt, 4 shaft rugged cases, that you made as donations for the AZB gold member giveaway. It was a great case when I received it, and it still is. :)
Thank you for all that you do in support of this site, and the game. :cool:
Best regards.
Joe P

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
After reading this thread I had to check out the JB site. Well, you can guess what happened next. I always had this idea for a case in my mind. I mocked it up in the customize section, liked what I saw, and ordered it.

Now I'm mad at John for having to wait 6-8...…….just kidding.

I need to go "Like" JB Cases on FB.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I ordered my 4X8 last year as well. UPS lost it (no fault of his) and John promptly sent a new one out. No issues with my case and I'm very satisfied. Best case I have ever owned and I recommend them to my friends.