Jennifer "shot clock" Barretta

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Watching her play so excruciatingly slow is PAINFUL!!!!!
Last year at the Expo was no different than this year.
Put all her matches on a shot clock from the start.
She was also told about bathroom breaks.
One match they took a break at 1-1!!!
Although that could've been an hour in already.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are only a few women that I can watch play pool, for exactly that reason.

FWIW, I don't know why it takes women longer to shoot the same shots that come up during men's play.

There are men that play that way, too, but it isn't as prevalent as it is on the women's tour.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We hosted the Hunter/OB/Olivier tour a few times. Granted these aren't the elite women pros but they play so slow its painful to watch. Watched the women's US Open once and some played a tad faster but it was still REALLY slow play. I watched a couple of matches and split.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The hardest matches I ever commentated were the Women's Bar Table Eight Ball Championships in Vegas. Once they started playing safe, it would go on for inning after inning. On every shot they would study the layout for two or three minutes, then play safe. A Race to Five might take well over two hours and a couple of matches ran close to three hours.

Meanwhile with the men, Races to Seven were over in less than an hour! They were looking to run out and not play safe, safe, safe. A couple of times when they had a shot, I wanted to scream at the girl, "SHOOT!" But if they couldn't see a way to run out it was all duck, duck, duck! This on a seven foot table. :rolleyes:

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
The hardest matches I ever commentated were the Women's Bar Table Eight Ball Championships in Vegas. Once they started playing safe, it would go on for inning after inning. On every shot they would study the layout for two or three minutes, then play safe. A Race to Five might take well over two hours and a couple of matches ran close to three hours.

Meanwhile with the men, Races to Seven were over in less than an hour! They were looking to run out and not play safe, safe, safe. A couple of times when they had a shot, I wanted to scream at the girl, "SHOOT!" But if they couldn't see a way to run out it was all duck, duck, duck! This on a seven foot table. :rolleyes:

Pushout!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, wait... 8 ball. :speechless:

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women are much better than men at absorbing visual information and making decisions. Men are much more impulsive and reactive. This could be a clue to the different styles of play, and also life.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't watch.

When there is something on the idiot box I don't like I don't watch it. Those gals ain't gonna change and there are only a few I would watch and JB is not one of them.

My 2 cents

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Women are much better than men at absorbing visual information and making decisions. Men are much more impulsive and reactive. This could be a clue to the different styles of play, and also life.
Wrong!! They're just slow. Indecisive and scared of making any mistakes. Don't know how many times i've seen a female player opt for a safety out of just plain fear of missing. One that didn't: Jean Balukas. She'd shoot your heart out given a chance. She'd duck if she had to but she was capable of running out on ANYBODY.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Man, I hate to jump into this sausage-fest. Hold ma beeeer.:eek:

I was playing this girl in a tournament once and I thought I had see some decent finishes by her in local events. I literally played the worst pool I have played in a tournament in...20 yrs? It was bad.

She is on the hill an I have 1 or 2. Every time I sat down, which was a lotta times, it was a 'seriously? Wtf?' moment.

The shot that won it for me (Yes, i won the set)? Ball on the end rail center and cue ball center of table too...near or far, didn't matter. I must have shot it 15x, waiting for an easy shot to get out on. She banked at the ball every time and I don't know what the math is, but she was 0 for 15 on that mofo.

So yeah, those safe battles are gonna run a bit long. You see that, bet the over!

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And they care too much...when was the last time you saw some dirty drunk girl getting the cash? Never mind could be jail time with that answer.

Point being, they are too smart to go whole hog and immerse into the life, to the point reality fades away.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody has to say it...... I'd watch her play all day as slow as she wanted and not cringe once. Just sayin...

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Then why aren't the women beating the men on the men's circuit?

If they are MUCH BETTER, it would seem that they would win MORE OFTEN THAN NOT against a man.

If the guys are going for "flyers" while the women are making the better decisions, the law of averages would favor the women, but it doesn't work out that way in the majority of the cases of women vs men.

It seems that the women "have more doubts of their abilities" than the men do and had rather duck than shoot a lot of times.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

No, actually, men tend to be better at discerning patterns and spatial relationships among objects, better at coordination, and better at logical thinking.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my hypothesis: Woman have a much harder time playing subconsciously. So they don't have the luxury of playing mindless pool like many guys do. Of course this is just generally speaking and there's certainly some overlap. But watching many women play it almost looks like they are practicing their PSR's because it's so mechanical. If this turns out to be true then it makes their play even more impressive to me.

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow what kinda zero phukin jerk off goes on az billiards and says something like this? she beat you?
she beat your boyfriend? she earned her stripes the hard way while some asshole like you sits back and bashes her on the internet after the mods ban me for this post you guys will still be assholes

Last edited:

scttybee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JAY.
you jump in on this nonsense too? im embarrassed for you, youre turning into an internet googan

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Ummm no.
I have no problem with Allison or Corr. They are not fast but ay least they don't dwell on easy shots... only to miss!

Somebody has to say it...... I'd watch her play all day as slow as she wanted and not cringe once. Just sayin...
Even that wears off.

JAY.
you jump in on this nonsense too? im embarrassed for you, youre turning into an internet googan
Not nonsense.
If it was Barretta vs ??? in a final. Stands would be almost empty.
Last yr was worse!
Shot clock from the start!
Break at 1-1. Defend that Scotty. Be honest.
My wife was pissed too btw.
Thankfully the women were mixed in with the men.
Seperate arena's. The women's would be almost empty.
It wasn't that way years ago.
Scotty. If Jen had half the personality of Vivian she may get a pass.
Vivian is bad ass!

Last edited:

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Robots taking forever to miss = sleepy times!
Last yr men's final was delayed for a looong time.
While woman's semi's finished.
JB was in that too.
Duddy is also a #1 prime offender.
SHOT CLOCK!

Last edited: