What towns or citys are starved of pro pool?

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I have been thinking about taking some big names on the road to do a series of exhibitions, challenge matches and or pool schools. Does anyone have any ideas on what towns or cities would appreciate it more and the names of any pool rooms that you think would want to take part? Please let me know,

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bfdlad said:
I have been thinking about taking some big names on the road to do a series of exhibitions, challenge matches and or pool schools. Does anyone have any ideas on what towns or cities would appreciate it more and the names of any pool rooms that you think would want to take part? Please let me know,
I am pretty sure that Fla. and the upper Northeastern United States would be very interested in the type of pool school that you did here at Kolby's. I am guessing the midwest as well. IA, WI, IN, IL. I don't know what cities or pool rooms but that is a place to start. If nothing else I have a pool table at my old house. :) Oh yeah, I also have a giant space on my wall and it looks like the only thing that will fit there is a GIANT CHECK. :D:D:D

BVal

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
BVal said:
I am pretty sure that Fla. and the upper Northeastern United States would be very interested in the type of pool school that you did here at Kolby's. I am guessing the midwest as well. IA, WI, IN, IL. I don't know what cities or pool rooms but that is a place to start. If nothing else I have a pool table at my old house. :) Oh yeah, I also have a giant space on my wall and it looks like the only thing that will fit there is a GIANT CHECK. :D:D:D

BVal
I thought that the East coast and especially Florida had so many top pros that are already out there that they can see these guys anytime and get something going. I know that Fla has shown an interest before and I am amazed that it could work there so you could be right. I thought maybe the west coast, Cali, washington, Oregon etc. I know some of those are not on the coast but the western end of the US. Thank you Brady I will take that info,

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pennsylvania has some nice communities which may welcome this. Bushwhacker has a pool room in a little town called Indiana, Pennsylvania. He and his wife post on this forum. They may like this idea very much.

Toledo, Ohio, I have always found to be very welcoming to pool players. The locals there were very nice to me and mine every time we went to the Glass City Open. If there is a pool room there, I would contact them.

JAM

av84fun

Banned
Nashville has the annual Music City Open but there are no touring pros who live here...AFAIK...although I hear that Karen Corr has or will be moving here.

JOB's would be the place to hold it and Jim would certainly be in favor of it.

Regards,
Jim

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
bfdlad said:
I thought maybe the west coast, Cali, washington, Oregon etc. I know some of those are not on the coast but the western end of the US.
We're starved out here alright. Russian Dave's in Kenmore or Dr. Cues in Lake City would be good candidates to host such an event.

roosterman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amarillo,Texas would be perfect there is not a pro with in 400 miles.
You may call SLIMS and talk to Fuzz at (806-352 6257)
You can also call SHOOTERS and talk to Marsha at (806-381-9971)

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bfdlad said:

San Antonio Texas. The level of play for a million plus people is incredibly low.

Derek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denver, but I honestly don't know how many people would actually appreciate it. They would need to promote the heck out of the event to make sure attendance was high. The Camel Pro Tour used to stop through as the final event, 10-ball, and it seems to me they had some okay fan showings.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Guys keep em comming. I thank you for what advice you have all given me right now. Like i said I think I have a plan that will do something for the pool biz in these areas and I am not just talking about Exhibitions, schools and challenge matches that have so far gone well here in Phoenix that has until this week been starved. Please looke out for my next thread as I think it is a new way to look at hese things and really want your opinions. Thanks again,
Mark,

Derek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As for Denver, we do have Shane playing Mark Haddad on Friday night. I believe it's 9-ball, race to 15. Not sure what they are playing for other than they are charging $35 or $40 a head to watch.

Mark is considered the best current player in Colorado. The event will be taking place at the Wynkoop Brewery which is pro player Melissa Little's haunt. In my opinion, I don't think it's been very well advertised so I would be curious to know what kind of turnout they have.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Bagdad Arizona is crying for poll.

story.bagdad.gi.jpg

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I second Denver, I talked to Tim Miller aka The Monk, once about the lack of pro events that made it to the mile high city and he said that he had noticed it to. I said maybe its because Denver might not be much of a pool city and he disagreed with me. Tim said that Denver had a very strong amateur pool culture and he thought it could work well here.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Cuebuddy said:
I second Denver, I talked to Tim Miller aka The Monk, once about the lack of pro events that made it to the mile high city and he said that he had noticed it to. I said maybe its because Denver might not be much of a pool city and he disagreed with me. Tim said that Denver had a very strong amateur pool culture and he thought it could work well here.
I agree that places like Denver do not have any pro tour stops that I know of anyway and like phoenix was a year ago starved of what the fan could see unless the thy traveled to Vegas, east coasr Virginia etc. Since we began trying to push it here in the past 6 months we have had Tony Crosby V's Rodney Morris Challenge, Archer exhibition, Earl and Johnny Pool School, We have Earl doing a great exhibition comming up and Efren Reyes V's Scott frost in on Pocket coming up this week. Also we have had the Desertshootout here with You name it here. Some didn't show because of Dubai. this is more pro action in this town than has happened in the last 30 yrs. All I am saying is it just goes to show you what can be done with the right support form a community that loves pool but has been so far ignored. I am not trying to be a super hero here I just see what we have done so far in a short time. I will put it all together and ke it happen if we have the support.

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty please...

I would highly request a visit to the San Francisco Bay Area. Perhaps at California Billiards in Mountain View. I would be more than willing to post up flyers and get the word out if it was under consideration. I would love to get some pool enthusiasm going in my area. Thanks.

pool-is-cool

Registered
Dallas, TX

i'm sure you would draw a really good crowd in dallas, tx. You could try the Billiard Den (thebilliardden.com) for a large venue or clicks billiards i'm sure would love to host. we don't get too many pro's coming through. Incardona does play here though.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pool-is-cool said:
i'm sure you would draw a really good crowd in dallas, tx. You could try the Billiard Den (thebilliardden.com) for a large venue or clicks billiards i'm sure would love to host. we don't get too many pro's coming through. Incardona does play here though.

It's always been a tough town to get a draw in though. I've never understood why.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
ironman said:
San Antonio Texas. The level of play for a million plus people is incredibly low.

I second san antone. its in a good location in texas, that it can draw people from north and south texas, thus attendance could be really high for any event held there.

fidget

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
new ideas

JAM said:
Pennsylvania has some nice communities which may welcome this. Bushwhacker has a pool room in a little town called Indiana, Pennsylvania. He and his wife post on this forum. They may like this idea very much.

Toledo, Ohio, I have always found to be very welcoming to pool players. The locals there were very nice to me and mine every time we went to the Glass City Open. If there is a pool room there, I would contact them.

JAM

Thank you JAM for the mention. If you want to contact Gary (bushwhacker), you can call Lucky Break Billiards at 724-349-6277. All ideas are worth a listen.
PA State 9-ball Championship coming up soon! Action packed and fun filled event!

Last edited: