9í Diamond Professional Rail Issues
Old
  (#1)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member
Jonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

9í Diamond Professional Rail Issues - 04-28-2019, 11:06 PM

I bought a brand new 9í Diamond professional just under a year ago. Iíve always thought this table wasnít playing quite right. The ball comes off the rails flat. So banks run long and spinning into the rails eats up the spin and it comes off a bit dead.

Iíve had the mechanic out numerous times and they keep telling me itís fine. Well itís not fine and Iím not super happy about it.

Iím considering just getting the rails all changed out to different Cushions.

What cushions are the very best you can get? I want this table to play Properly.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-29-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
I bought a brand new 9í Diamond professional just under a year ago. Iíve always thought this table wasnít playing quite right. The ball comes off the rails flat. So banks run long and spinning into the rails eats up the spin and it comes off a bit dead.

Iíve had the mechanic out numerous times and they keep telling me itís fine. Well itís not fine and Iím not super happy about it.

What cushions are the very best you can get? I want this table to play Properly.
Have you contacted Diamond? Kinda doubt its the cushions. Sounds like installer didn't know what he was doing. You in western Canada? Contact realkingcobra, he's not far away in Washington state.

Old
  (#3)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member
Jonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond reputeJonas111 has a reputation beyond repute

04-29-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Have you contacted Diamond? Kinda doubt its the cushions. Sounds like installer didn't know what he was doing. You in western Canada? Contact realkingcobra, he's not far away in Washington state.
I did contact diamond and they just sent my issues to the guy that I bought it from. He came over and said itís fine.

Iím in western Canada. Hoping to get someone to either help me replace the rails or find out whatís out of whack on my table. I think Washington will be a bit too far for anyone to come here.

Old
  (#4)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:
I did contact diamond and they just sent my issues to the guy that I bought it from. He came over and said itís fine.

Iím in western Canada. Hoping to get someone to either help me replace the rails or find out whatís out of whack on my table. I think Washington will be a bit too far for anyone to come here.
You still should hit-up realkingcobra(Glen) here on AZ. He's a Diamond wizard and not that far away.

Old
  (#5)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member

04-30-2019, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
You still should hit-up realkingcobra(Glen) here on AZ. He's a Diamond wizard and not that far away.
There is a post on Facebook this morning saying the same thing. I will shoot him a message this morning. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Old
  (#6)
Rimfirejunkie
AzB Silver Member
Rimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeRimfirejunkie has a reputation beyond repute

04-30-2019, 03:59 PM

He just commented yesterday, check rail bolts torque to 15 lb ft

Old
  (#7)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

05-19-2019, 12:22 PM

Quote:

Did you ever check to see if the rail bolts were tightened up to 15ft lbs??

Old
  (#8)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member

05-21-2019, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Did you ever check to see if the rail bolts were tightened up to 15ft lbs??
Yes I did.

We talked on the phone about who installed it. He is coming to change out all the cushions in June.

Nervous a bit about it but I just want the table to play properly.

Old
  (#9)
I Got Lucky
AzB Silver Member
I Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond reputeI Got Lucky has a reputation beyond repute

07-24-2019, 02:12 AM

Any update?

Efren..."I got lucky"..............

Me...."I got lucky too". From running away to running out on The Magician....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIIl5...ture=youtu.be#

Old
  (#10)
Jonas111
AzB Silver Member

07-30-2019, 06:48 AM

Update.

Sorry it’s been a busy summer. Haven’t been online much.

The local diamond representative came on his own dime and replaced all the rubber on the rails. When he removed the old rubber there was signs of the rubber being installed too high. Originally they used a belt sender to remove the high lip on the rubber on most of the rails. Two of the rail rubbers seemed dried out like they were super old.

The table is playing better for sure but still not near as active as the tables the pros just played on this past week. But my table is banking better and appears to playing a bit quicker.

I still think the rails are a bit high or the angles are off a bit. But I am not complaining. Very happy to have this table playing better.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: