AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Talk To A Mechanic
Reload this Page Upgrading GCI to slate levelers

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
MesdupBoogie
AzB Bronze Member
MesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-02-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssonerai View Post
I'm not understanding this - don't GC's have screw adjustable feet?
What is being shimmed to level the frame? (as opposed to the slate)

Already planned to put adjustable feet under the Royal. Still deciding whether screw-adjustable parallel wedge system, or "lift & rotate" style.

smt
As RKC pointed out, early models didn't have adjustable feet. The old installation manual describes leveling the base frame by shimming the feet and planing the high spots on the frame. "Round veneer shims are supplied" to place under the feet.

My recently purchased GC1 is one of those with fixed feet. After 60ish years, a "not supplied" list is where to find my shims along with other various bits of hardware.

Old
  (#32)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-02-2019, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesdupBoogie View Post
As RKC pointed out, early models didn't have adjustable feet. The old installation manual describes leveling the base frame by shimming the feet and planing the high spots on the frame. "Round veneer shims are supplied" to place under the feet.

My recently purchased GC1 is one of those with fixed feet. After 60ish years, a "not supplied" list is where to find my shims along with other various bits of hardware.
Call me, and I'll tell you how to turn those into adjustable feet for less than $10.
702-927-5689

Old
  (#33)
MesdupBoogie
AzB Bronze Member
MesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond reputeMesdupBoogie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-02-2019, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Call me, and I'll tell you how to turn those into adjustable feet for less than $10.
702-927-5689
Thanks. You actually know my table; it's right near Boise, taking up my truck's parking space in the garage next to a non-running motorcycle. I’m moving it into the basement bit by bit, recruiting my neighbor to help with the heavy pieces.

I just happened to have been reading the old installation manual and thought I'd post the quote about the veneers under the feet.

Last edited by MesdupBoogie; 11-02-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Clarity

Old
  (#34)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-02-2019, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesdupBoogie View Post
Thanks. You actually know my table; it's right near Boise, taking up my truck's parking space in the garage next to a non-running motorcycle. Iím moving it into the basement bit by bit, recruiting my neighbor to help with the heavy pieces.

I just happened to have been reading the old installation manual and thought I'd post the quote about the veneers under the feet.
Ok, already have that figured in then🤣

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: