Pechauer Rogue review wanted
Old
  (#1)
swwyocoyote
AzB Gold Member
swwyocoyote is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

Pechauer Rogue review wanted - 10-04-2019, 10:50 AM

Anyone got their hands on a rogue shaft and have a review to share? Been playing with the P+ pro and curious if the switch would be worth the money.

Ty

Break- Joss purpleheart Thor Hammer
Player- Pechauer JP07-Q
JB Case rugged 3x6

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

Last edited by swwyocoyote; 10-12-2019 at 10:05 AM. Reason: add info

bit the bullet
Old
  (#2)
swwyocoyote
AzB Gold Member
swwyocoyote is on a distinguished road

vCash: 500

bit the bullet - 11-02-2019, 10:03 AM

With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote

Break- Joss purpleheart Thor Hammer
Player- Pechauer JP07-Q
JB Case rugged 3x6

"Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast"

Old
  (#3)
Thunder Thighs
learning daily...
Thunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond reputeThunder Thighs has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2950

11-03-2019, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swwyocoyote View Post
With the lack of reviews out there on the Rogue, I went "old school" and made some phone calls. This paid off really well in the end and FWIW there is some shops out there with top notch employees.

I ended up going with the 12.4 Rogue. The fit to my JP07 is pretty good overall. The shaft is maybe a .002" or so smaller. I can barely feel the difference if i try. The finish on the shaft is perfect, it has just enough sheen to look sharp but it does not glare under any of the lights i have played under. The small ferrule is nice for the familiarity when aiming.

I ran through some shot drills then played a dozen racks on 3 different nights. The feel and feedback of the hit is very comparable to the P+ pro. I did notice a slight aim change on longer shots and side spin shots.IMHO I think it plays better than the P+. I decided to change the tip to an Ultraskin M, as this is what i play the most with and I never cared for the Pechauer tips. The tip change seemed to soften the feel slightly. I ran it through the same paces a couple more nights and think the tip change was a good move for me, ymmv.

Overall i think the shaft is well worth the cost, it is not a major jump from the P+ but it is a noticeable change for the better. Comparing to the Revo 12.4, I prefer the feel of the Rogue 12.4 by a fair margin, it is not an exact comparison as the Revo was tested on a different brand cue with a different joint pin style. I will try to do some side by side testing in the future.
I have let some other players try this shaft and they have all had positive feedback. If you have any questions, ask and i will try my best to answer them. If by chance you are in my area or our paths cross, i am more than happy to let you test drive this shaft.

swwyocoyote
Nice post

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: