Rail profile for a hollywood table?

Kevin11

Hey everyone, I have a Hollywood 9ft GPH-6001-E (ebony) and I want to change the rails but I can’t find the rail profile anywhere. Does anybody here know what it is? I wanted to change to diamond spec rails because there’s a diamond dealer near me and I love how they play.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Hey everyone, I have a Hollywood 9ft GPH-6001-E (ebony) and I want to change the rails but I can’t find the rail profile anywhere. Does anybody here know what it is? I wanted to change to diamond spec rails because there’s a diamond dealer near me and I love how they play.

Just my advice: Buy a Diamond. After all the time and money you would spend to realize it still does not play like a Diamond, you might be upset. The main part is this: do you have someone who can even do the work properly? This topic has been gone over many, many times on this forum.
Save the money and buy what you are seeking. Best advice I can offer, do what you will :) Good luck to you.

Trent from Toledo

58384103_10219216577948218_3151817314437955584_n.jpg

Kevin11

Just my advice: Buy a Diamond. After all the time and money you would spend to realize it still does not play like a Diamond, you might be upset. The main part is this: do you have someone who can even do the work properly? This topic has been gone over many, many times on this forum.
Save the money and buy what you are seeking. Best advice I can offer, do what you will :) Good luck to you.

I already own the table, dont have enough money for a diamond but I was just looking on refurbishing the table. I don’t really care that it won’t play perfectly like a diamond but the rails right now are shot because they’re so old. I do have a proper table mechanic but I need to get everything first

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I already own the table, dont have enough money for a diamond but I was just looking on refurbishing the table. I don’t really care that it won’t play perfectly like a diamond but the rails right now are shot because they’re so old. I do have a proper table mechanic but I need to get everything first

Artemis Intercontinental 66 cushions($375) are whats on a 9' Diamond or older ones have Diamond black k-55($100-$125) Simonis 9' ($325-$350) and that does not include railwork or installation.

You would want to find out what cushions are on your table first.

I would skip all the premium stuff and go for basic cushions $50 and CPBA worsted cloth $160. The table is only going to play as good as it was designed. I could see this route being done for right around $1000, depending on the mechanic of course. Good luck!

Trent from Toledo