Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page I was just a kid on the way to pool room

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
I was just a kid on the way to pool room
Old
  (#1)
deanoc
AzB Silver Member
deanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond reputedeanoc has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

I was just a kid on the way to pool room - 11-21-2019, 03:58 PM

this story was too long so i quit

Last edited by deanoc; 11-21-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Old
  (#2)
alphadog
AzB Silver Member
alphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond reputealphadog has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-22-2019, 04:37 PM

You are not a photographer nor a quitter.

You have started this story numerous times, do a Ronnie Allen style podcast if you have to

A bull without horns is still dangerous.

Law of logical arguement-Anything is possible when you dont know what you are talking about.

Old
  (#3)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanoc View Post
I like your stories.

Please feel free to share ALL of them.....

Good stuff, from days that are long gone. Some may need to hear your story.

Dean, you may save some poor soul a lot of trouble by sharing your bad times, as well as the good.

Looking forward to each and every one of them sir.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#4)
strmanglr scott
AzB Silver Member
strmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond reputestrmanglr scott has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:53 PM

I was just a kid on the way to the pool room...

having a little extra change in my pocket, I was even more eager to get there. Micky, the grizzly old man that owned the hall started stashing my favorite house cue in the back just for me. I cleaned up the place for him from time to time for table time.

The rail is your best friend.

Old
  (#5)
jimmyco
NRA4Life
jimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond reputejimmyco has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:55 PM

...just a small boy in the Big D...

Player-Bob Owen Custom
Breaker-N.E. O'Barqueue
Case-Rusty Melton 1x2

Old
  (#6)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmanglr scott View Post

having a little extra change in my pocket, I was even more eager to get there. Micky, the grizzly old man that owned the hall started stashing my favorite house cue in the back just for me. I cleaned up the place for him from time to time for table time.

...that my granddad owned - a 6-table hole in the wall where I cleaned up for Mallow bars and played darts while Grampa and his cronies played dominoes.

I'm about his age now.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#7)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Damn....I knew I should’ve did the quote thing....

Efren.....I was just a kid....but nobody could get my goat.....
...hell, I WAS the GOAT.....

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

How
Old
  (#8)
franko
AzB Silver Member
franko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond reputefranko has a reputation beyond repute

How - 11-22-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
How far was the Pool Room ?

Old
  (#9)
Chip Roberson
AzB Silver Member
Chip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond reputeChip Roberson has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 12:18 AM

The room was just across a small town,,pop about 1100 souls. When I walked into the spot, strange thing happened, I could not only see the balls rolling across the table I could hear them as well.. Strange indeed, back in those years as a young boy and wandering into. the den of iniquity as my folks ,later tried to distill into my soul and whippings that would arise later from frequenting the same establishment. Didn't take long, but that kid I was started a new education,,that not only taught me the world, but also thought me a way to make a living,,that at that time I thought was much easier that the way of the world. Owe If I had only known the years of practice and the tireless trips on the roads that lead me into different dens. Yes I had my days and when confronted by my peers and one of the greatest Wade Crane, when he told me I would have made my mark for others to strive for. I just grinned, because I knew, that was all I ever needed to hear, and the rest didn;t mean a thing. There are players out there my fiends, that are players you or the sport preserve's on TV , will never understand. I wish to this day I could still hear the balls roll down that table as a young man once did, but for the same thing from playing on the road the disabled problems from breaking the balls for so long a time frame,,hearing the balls roll and seeing the balls roll, are now in a different and unattainable construct,,they will never be in the same time of which I belong. Yeap Folks I'm as crazy as a damn loon !

Last edited by Chip Roberson; 11-23-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Old
  (#10)
Buzzard II
AzB Silver Member
Buzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzard II has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 07:55 AM

I get the feeling that he walked to that pool room, through the snow, uphill, both ways.

Being a geezer that's how my stories go.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: