Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page It's a blowout Trump economy and folks are feeling great

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
It's a blowout Trump economy and folks are feeling great
Old
  (#1)
Rybord
AzB Silver Member
Rybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond reputeRybord has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

It's a blowout Trump economy and folks are feeling great - 12-05-2019, 03:11 PM

Steve Moore: Holiday shopping sales prove it Ė It's a blowout Trump economy and folks are feeling great

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...my-steve-moore

The consumer is King in America today. All hail the King.

You can forget about all that recession pessimism, American's incomes are bulging and this Thanksgiving weekend we saw first-hand what prosperity looks like.

In just two days Ė Thanksgiving and Black Friday Ė Americans shopped until they dropped, or at least clicked online until they dropped, spending $11.6 billion a leap of 18 percent over last yearís shopping spree.

This is all-time record spending and itís the best frontline indicator that Americans are feeling bullish about their financial situation this year Ė and next. Cyber Monday and all the enticing sharp discounts are expected to reward online retailers with close to another $10 billion in consumer purchases.

Online spending was the big winner this past weekend as e-commerce surged much faster than store sales. Foot traffic in stores and mega-malls was down slightly over the weekend, but rumors of the death of shopping malls and mom and pop retail stores appear to be greatly exaggerated.

The National Retail Federation estimates that of the expected $730 billion in expected holiday shopping this year, or about one-quarter of all sales.

Itís simple: Americans donít spend more if they donít have more. Bigger paychecks, more jobs, and a booming stock market are the ultimate economic equalizers. Thatís why Americans keep buying and buying.

Retailers like Target, Walmart and Best Buy are also adjusting their income strategies as they offer online and in-store sales. To take on Amazon, these major retailers are providing free shipping and are using local store inventories to fill on-line sales orders. Retailers like Kohls and Nordstroms that fail to adjust may be the big losers.

But the real story here is the strength of a high-flying economy now 10 and a half years without a downturn.

When Donald Trump entered office the consensus among economists was that the bull market in stocks and the economic recovery had to come to an end. But I keep searching under my desk, down the hall, and out the window for this recession boogeyman that the media keeps warning about and heís nowhere in sight. Itís a recession phantom.

If anything, most sectors of the economy Ė especially big tech, consumer spending, financial services and construction -- are picking up steam. Manufacturing is slow and worrisome, but everything else looks like the picture of good health.

The other revelation from the bulky spending behavior is that the middle class isnít disappearing, it is getting richer. Median family incomes just hit $66,000 according to Sentier Research, an all-time high and up some $5,250 in real terms since Trump took office.

Lower-income Americans have also seen a bump up in their incomes, and the biggest percentage gains in wages have been going to people in the lowest 20 percent of income. There is no bigger lie in American politics than the claims by 2020 Democratic presidential candidates Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders that only the rich are snatching the gains from the Trump economy.

Who are you going to believe, the politicians or the shoppers trampling through the malls to load up on Frozen 2 dolls, flat-screen TVs, videos and golf clubs?

The 50 percent gains in the stock market over the last three years are also putting money in Americansí retirement accounts. Not all of the more than $10 trillion increase in wealth is going to Warren Buffet and George Soros. The income and wealth gains arenít trickling down, they are pouring down into the laps of working-class Americans like Niagara Falls.

Itís simple: Americans donít spend more if they donít have more. Bigger paychecks, more jobs, and a booming stock market are the ultimate economic equalizers. Thatís why Americans keep buying and buying.

Now that makes for a very Merry Christmas.

Old
  (#2)
ChicagoRJ
EEEEEXCELLENT ;)
ChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond reputeChicagoRJ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-05-2019, 03:14 PM

That's gonna play well in Trumps campaign ads in a few more months. Oh, wait, he will be taken out of office. Sorry, I forgot about the "evidence" they claim is a bombshell and the final straw of the camel's back, and unprecedented in American history.

RUSSIAN Magic Chalk - "The Best Chalk of the World"

TZAR Tips now available.

"I have been playing pool for 60 years and started using Kamui about four years ago. I tried Magic Chalk several months ago and will use it from now on" - jrhendy - Noted Player and Gambler

Baltic BLUE & Chernobyl GREEN

Check us out in "For Sale" section on AZB

ChicagoRJ, the Minister of Truth and Magic Chalk. - WGDave

Old
  (#3)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRJ View Post
That's gonna play well in Trumps campaign ads in a few more months. Oh, wait, he will be taken out of office. Sorry, I forgot about the "evidence" they claim is a bombshell and the final straw of the camel's back, and unprecedented in American history.
On top of that, they would still have to get all this through the Senate..... Ever hear the phrase "when pigs fly"?

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#4)
Casual Observer
Viva... yeah whatever
Casual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond reputeCasual Observer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

12-05-2019, 04:03 PM

The d'rat party can't stand it when the economy is strong enough to move folks from welfare to employment. It's antithetical to the very reason for their existence, e.g. to keep folks dependent on government and voting for more of it.
The real reason they're trying to damage trump via this idiotic impeachment show (aside from the fact he decided to put an R behind his name instead of a D) is that he's overseeing a huge reduction in the welfare state! That is DEFINITELY an impeachable offense in the eyes of statist d'rats.

"...And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw..."

Neil Peart

ď...I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine...Ē
Atlas Shrugged

Old
  (#5)
LAMas
AzB Silver Member
LAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond reputeLAMas has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

12-05-2019, 06:53 PM

Fewer folks on the Dole is a curse to the Dims...they have slave owner roots.

dumluk

Old
  (#6)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

12-05-2019, 07:30 PM

The economy sucks, fools.

We must impeach foo tee fih!

https://youtu.be/UPtlSzktnGk?t=32

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know thingsÖ

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: