Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page Why Is The Food Industry Trying To Kill Us? - Top 10 Food Additives to Avoid
Page 209 of 211 « First 109159199207208209 210211

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2267 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#3121)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-21-2019, 06:29 AM

New Study Links Fluoride To Lower IQs

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ride-lower-iqs

"The effects of this study are comparable to the effects of lead..."

Aug 20, 2019 7:05 PM

And we elect/appoint them to lead us....
Old
  (#3122)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?
jimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond reputejimmyg has a reputation beyond repute

Post And we elect/appoint them to lead us.... - 08-23-2019, 11:38 AM

Study: Nearly Four-Fifths Of "Gender Minority" Students Have Mental Health Issues

https://www.thecollegefix.com/study-...health-issues/

Depression, self-injury also common...

Aug 20, 2019 8:40 PM

Old
  (#3123)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

08-27-2019, 08:25 AM

2019-08-26 07:00 by Karl Denninger

Vapes and Severe Lung Damage

Hmmmm....

(CNN) The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is now aware of 153 possible cases of severe lung disease in 16 states that could be caused by vaping, the agency said Wednesday in an update to a multi-state investigation.

The cases -- reported from June 28 to August 20, 2019 -- have popped up in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah and Wisconsin. They have primarily affected adolescents and young adults.

There apparently is now one death linked to this as well.

What were they vaping?

A couple of points -- most of the carrier liquids are propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine based. If it's a cigarette replacement then the active ingredient is (obviously) nicotine; if a joint replacement then it's THC and you can also get CBD-based ones as well (virtually everywhere as CBD is federally legal and, in most states, ignored if not explicitly legal.)

The safer for you argument for vapes is that you don't burn the substance, therefore the carcinogens that are produced by burning anything don't get inhaled. True.

However, there's a collateral potential problem: When you smoke something the heat involved in doing it likely kills any pathogens that might be in the thing you are smoking. So if there's bacteria, for example, in your marijuana or tobacco, the act of smoking it will kill that bacteria as the heat is plenty sufficient to do so. It's not established that the heat of vaporizing will do so and in fact it probably won't since the coil in a vape unit does not evenly and reliably heat the substance and stream of resulting vapor hot enough for long enough to insure that happens.

Further, and quite-possibly of very severe impact is that plenty of the "fills" for these units, especially the tobacco replacements, are sold in "bulk" form (e.g. you buy it, you load the vaporizer unit) and as far as I know exactly zero of that stuff is subject to regulation and testing. I'll bet a good part of it comes from China -- you know, that same nation which has been implicated in occasionally putting things in pet foods either through negligence or malice that kill Fido?

It's not hard to imagine at all an environmental issue where the "juice" is contaminated before the consumer gets it, never mind the risk of contamination after the consumer gets their hands on it, especially with refillable systems and the fact that the mouth end is open to the air and thus bacteria could get back down the mouthpiece, into the chamber, multiply and then be carried deep into the lungs when the unit is next used.

Then there's another aspect of this which is that just because something is reasonably safe if eaten that does not mean it's safe if inhaled in vapor form -- especially when inhaled in very large quantities on a repeated, daily basis. Propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine are in all sorts of things that are at least incidentally consumed (e.g. toothpaste, mouthwashes, etc) but intentionally vaporizing and inhaling them in volume is a very different thing.

The CDC appears to be "alarmed" but I see no evidence of any sort of program to run this down. That ought to happen. If the issue is one of appropriate heating levels then that's not all that hard to resolve; it may involve some redesign of the way the heating blocks (e.g. coils, ceramic blocks, etc) work and their feedback mechanism for temperature control but that's not an unsolvable problem.

If it's a function of the "juice" then figuring out why it's happening becomes even more important -- particularly if the problem is one of appropriate cleanliness and contamination at the factories.

For the most part I suspect the weed-based ones are likely reasonably safe in this regard, mostly because (1) the cartridges sold in legal-marijuana states are pre-filled and (2) they're being produced under legal structures in the states which likely include at least some reasonable degree of regulation and inspection for cleanliness and testing of the contents so there aren't any "extra" components not on the label. Some of these cartridges are being diverted from legal states to illegal ones but I'm willing to bet the processing of marijuana flower into oils for this purpose is, for the most part, happening in reasonably well-regulated environments.

This is definitely not the case for the nicotine-laden juices on the market today; a quick look on Alibaba finds an insane assortment of these liquids listed for sale. They are, of course, much cheaper than US-made liquids.

Gee, I wonder what corners were cut..... maybe sanitation or even just the quality and purity of the carrier fluid, eh?

Old
  (#3124)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

08-27-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
2019-08-26 07:00 by Karl Denninger

Vapes and Severe Lung Damage

For the most part I suspect the weed-based ones are likely reasonably safe in this regard,
Not a good assumption.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

Old
  (#3125)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

09-14-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopdoc View Post
Not a good assumption.
Agreed, if I had to, I would make the opposite assumption........................................ .................................................. .................................................. ...................
Magnesium: Mineral Content of Vegetables Has Declined 80–90% Last 100 Years

September 14th, 2019

This is from 2018.

Via: Nutrients:

Magnesium is a critical mineral in the human body and is involved in ~80% of known metabolic functions.
It is currently estimated that 60% of adults do not achieve the average dietary intake (ADI) and 45% of Americans are magnesium deficient, a condition associated with disease states like hypertension, diabetes, and neurological disorders, to name a few.

Magnesium deficiency can be attributed to common dietary practices, medications, and farming techniques, along with estimates that the mineral content of vegetables has declined by as much as 80–90% in the last 100 years. However, despite this mineral’s importance, it is poorly understood from several standpoints, not the least of which is its unique mechanism of absorption and sensitive compartmental handling in the body, making the determination of magnesium status difficult. The reliance on several popular sample assays has contributed to a great deal of confusion in the literature.

This review will discuss causes of magnesium deficiency, absorption, handling, and compartmentalization in the body, highlighting the challenges this creates in determining magnesium status in both clinical and research settings.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Worms Fail to Thrive in Soil Containing Microplastics

September 14th, 2019

Via: Guardian:

Worms fail to thrive in earth containing microplastics, new research has shown, adding to the growing body of evidence of impacts from the increasingly widespread contaminants on the natural world.

The rosy-tipped earthworm, Aporrectodea rosea, is one of the most common found in farmland in temperate regions. Scientists found that worms placed in soil loaded with high density polyethylene (HDPE) – a common plastic used for bags and bottles – for 30 days lost about 3% of their body weight, compared with a control sample of similar worms placed in similar soil without HDPE, which put on 5% in body weight over the same period.

Bas Boots, lecturer in biology at Anglia Ruskin University, and lead author of the study, said the specific reasons for the observed weight loss were not yet clear, but could be owing to the effects of microplastics on the worms’ digestion. “These effects include the obstruction and irritation of the digestive tract, limiting the absorption of nutrients and reducing growth,” he said.

Old
  (#3126)
Chopdoc
AzB Silver Member
Chopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond reputeChopdoc has a reputation beyond repute

09-14-2019, 08:41 AM

I have a friend researching magnesium.

The standards for requirements have been long established and he has evidence they might be wrong. They might be low.

Bury me with my JOSS....

"Chop Lock"
Member of the world famous Lock Society

Cases I made: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=258632

A "procedure" for everything..."RBF' lol...
Old
  (#3127)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

A "procedure" for everything..."RBF' lol... - 09-21-2019, 07:04 AM

Women Are Having Plastic Surgery To Fix "Resting ***** Face"

by Tyler Durden Fri, 09/20/2019 - 22:05

More and more women are flocking to plastic surgery to correct a devastating condition known as "resting ***** face", according the New York Post.

"Resting ***** face" is a condition wherein you look - well, *****y - due to your normal, everyday facial expression. It's also sometimes just referred to as simply "being from New York City".

Hope Davis, one woman who got surgery for the condition after her friends uploaded "a batch of unflattering photos to Facebook and Instagram", said:

“I was like, ‘Oh great, I look mad in the middle of the party’. I looked like a sourpuss.”

Davis didn't comment on whether or not she actually was "mad in the middle of the party" - a road we hope she considered before having someone slice her face open. Perhaps she just wasn't having a good day at the time.

But it's too late to look back now. She, like many other women, turned right to a plastic surgeon.

Dr. David Shafer, a double board-certified plastic surgeon and medical director of Shafer Plastic Surgery & Laser Center in Midtown, said he's familiar with the request to deal with "RBF", as he called it, and said its a common request that he gets several times each week.

Davis instructed Shafer that she didn't want a 'Joker' smile, but rather a "pleasant resting look".

Doctors use techniques like injecting fillers into the face and Botox to achieve the look. The procedure takes about 10 to 20 minutes and can cost between $500 to $5,000. It generally lasts "up to two years".

Shafer said:

“The worse the ‘***** face,’ the more effective the Botox. If you always look dumpy, or unfriendly … people are going to react to you differently.”

Shafer said that requests to fix "RBF" have more than doubled over the last year. He claims it is due to a shift in focus to the lower face, “popularized by the Kardashians” and the prevalence of selfies, which force people to look downward at their phone, accentuating their resting ***** faces.

Davis said: “Nobody can quite put their finger on it, but they notice something’s different. People have definitely complimented me saying, ‘Oh you look so pretty and cute today.’ ”

Park Avenue plastic surgeon Dr. Melissa Doft said: “People gravitate to women who they perceive as happy.”

"It helps make patients look less sad," she continued.

But, as Davis will unfortunately find out, hacking your face apart isn't necessary going to make you happy on the inside.

She concluded:

“I caught a glimpse of myself out of the corner of my eye, and it gave me a positive vibe because I looked happy. This whole time, [I was focused on] how I project to the world, but I wasn’t paying attention to how I project to myself.”

Maybe they'll have plastic surgery for your soul at that point...

Old
  (#3128)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

09-22-2019, 07:17 AM

Most Common Antidepressant Barely Helps Improve Depression Symptoms, ‘Shocking’ Trial Finds

September 20th, 2019

Via: Telegraph:

The most commonly prescribed antidepressant barely relieves symptoms of modern depression, a major study reveals.

The largest independent investigation ever undertaken found patients taking sertraline experienced negligible improvements in mood.

Published in the Lancet Psychiatry, the study comes amid mounting controversy over increased use of antidepressants by GPs in recent decades, with roughly 7.3 million people in England issued a prescription each year.

Its authors said they were “shocked and surprised” by the results, and called for the development of new classes of medication.

However, in the absence of better drugs, they do not want current prescribing practice to be changed because the trial also showed sertraline is effective in reducing anxiety, which often accompanies depression.

The new trial is by far the largest to be conducted without the involvement of the pharmaceutical industry.

Monsanto dealer of death...imo
Old
  (#3129)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

Monsanto dealer of death...imo - 09-28-2019, 06:23 AM

Nestle Steps Up Testing After Finding High Levels Of Dangerous Weedkiller In Coffee Beans

by Tyler Durden Fri, 09/27/2019 - 20:05

Apparently, beer and wine aren't the only beverages containing surprisingly high levels of glyphosate, a purported carcinogen and one of the most widely used herbicides in the world (it's the main ingredient in the weed killer Roundup).

Swiss food and beverage behemoth Nestle warned its suppliers that it will be performing more tests on coffee beans after the company found higher levels of the weedkiller glyphosate - the key ingredient of weedkiller Roundup, originally designed and sold by Monsanto.

For those who aren't familiar with the controversial agro-chemical, Glyphosate has found itself at the center of a flood of lawsuits against Monsanto and its new owner, Bayer, as alleged victims claim that Roundup causes cancer. After buying Monsanto for $63 billion, Bayer is facing billions of dollars of lawsuits that have hammered the company's shares.

Now, the world's largest coffee roaster is forcing suppliers from Indonesia to Brazil to scramble to meet its new standards. Nestle hopes these tests will be "temporary" until these countries "correct" the application of glyphosate.

But Nestle's request is just one indicator of a conflict arising between companies that import large quantities of agricultural commodities and the farmers that grow them, as more countries ban or severely limit the use of Roundup.

"We actively monitor chemical residues, including glyphosate, in the green coffee that we purchase," Switzerland-based Nestle said in a statement. "This monitoring program has shown that in some green coffee lots chemical residue levels are close to limits defined by regulations. We are reinforcing our controls working with suppliers to ensure that our green coffee continues to meet regulations all around the world."

According to Bloomberg, the new measures requested by Nestle "have the potential to complicate global coffee trade-flows" since Europe has some of the most strict standards on glyphosate levels, while Australia and Malaysia also have relatively high limits. That's compared to the US, where restrictions on glyphosate levels in food are relatively lenient.

Nestle said it is "working with growers" to reduce their reliance on glyphosate: "Our agronomists will continue to work with coffee farmers to help them improve their weed management practices, including the appropriate use of herbicides and adoption of other weeding methods."

Meanwhile, a manager at one Brazilian growing cooperative said his organization is struggling to help members reduce glyphosate levels to help meet European standards.

Old
  (#3130)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-03-2019, 08:51 AM

Study Shows Massive IQ Decrease in Males with Fluoride: JAMA Pediatrics Journal Editors Stunned

September 25th, 2019

Via: James Lyons-Weiler:

In reference to a study, entitled “Association Between Maternal Fluoride Exposure During Pregnancy and IQ Scores in Offsprings in Canada”[1], published in JAMA Pediatrics, the journal editors were stunned by a finding that fluoridated water exposure in mothers during pregnancy reduces the IQ of their sons.

The study found that in boys, a 1 mg/L increase in the maternal urine fluoride concentration led to a 5-point decrease in boys’ IQs.

Dimitri Christakis and Frederick Rivara of JAMA Pediatrics, in a podcast, compare the findings as overturning decades-old presumptions of safety of fluoridated water.

Christakis: “Before they were anti vaxxers, there were sort of anti fluoriders. Right. And like the traditional teaching, when I was going through residency and early in my early professional career was that there was fluoride is completely safe. All these people that are trying to take it out of the water are nuts. It’s the best thing that’s ever happened for children’s dental health. And we just need to push back and get it into every water system.”

Christakis:
“In fact, before there were anti-vaxxers, there were, sort-of, anti-fluoriders, and the traditional teaching when I was going through residency was that fluoride was completely safe, all these people that are trying to take it out of the water are nuts, it’s the best thing that ever happened…”

Christakis: “So when I first saw this title, my initial reaction was ‘What the hell?’”

Old
  (#3131)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-06-2019, 11:31 AM

Genetic Sequencing of Common Vaccine Finds Entire Male Human Genome from Aborted Human Baby with Abnormal, Modified Genes, 560 Genes Linked to Cancer

October 5th, 2019

Via: Natural News:

Vaccines are routinely formulated with aborted human fetal cells known as MRC-5 and WI-38. The CDC openly lists some of the vaccines that use these “human diploid” cells, including Twinrix (Hep A / Hep B), ProQuad (MMRV) and Varivax (Varicella / chicken pox). FDA-published vaccine insert sheets such as this one for Varivax also openly admit to the use of aborted human fetal cell lines such as MRC-5:

The product also contains residual components of MRC-5 cells including DNA and protein and trace quantities of neomycin and bovine calf serum from MRC-5 culture media.

Even this GlaxoSmithKline vaccine insert sheet openly discusses the use of aborted human fetal cells in its Priorix-Tetra vaccine (MMRV):

Each virus strain is separately produced in either chick embryo cells (mumps and measles) or MRC5 human diploid cells (rubella and varicella).

Yet, amazingly, almost no member of the public is aware that aborted human fetal cells are routinely used in vaccines. The lying fake news media insists such talk is a “conspiracy theory,” even as the CDC, FDA and vaccine manufacturers openly declare the ingredient is being used in numerous vaccines. (See Vaccines.news for daily coverage of breaking news on vaccines.)

Now, a laboratory in Italy has carried out a complete genome sequencing of this MRC-5 cell line that’s deliberately inserted into multiple vaccines. What they’ve found in beyond shocking… it’s horrifying. As explained by Children’s Health Defense:

The Corvelva team summarized their findings as follows:

1- The fetal cell line was found to belong to a male fetus.

2- The cell line presents itself in such a way that it is likely to be very old, thus consistent with the declared line of the 1960s.

3- The fetal human DNA represented in this vaccine is a complete individual genome, that is, the genomic DNA of all the chromosomes of an individual is present in the vaccine.

4-
The human genomic DNA contained in this vaccine is clearly, undoubtedly abnormal, presenting important inconsistencies with a typical human genome, that is, with that of a healthy individual.

5- 560 genes known to be associated with forms of cancer were tested and all underwent major modifications.

6- There are variations whose consequences are not even known, not yet appearing in the literature, but which still affect genes involved in the induction of human cancer.

7- What is also clearly abnormal is the genome excess showing changes in the number of copies and structural variants.

Research Credit: Pookie

Old
  (#3132)
Slide Rule
NPR Commies Garbage Skum
Slide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond reputeSlide Rule has a reputation beyond repute

10-07-2019, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Genetic Sequencing of Common Vaccine Finds Entire Male Human Genome from Aborted Human Baby with Abnormal, Modified Genes, 560 Genes Linked to Cancer

October 5th, 2019

Via: Natural News:

Old
  (#3133)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-08-2019, 06:06 AM

How Washington's Food Subsidies Have Helped Make Americans Fat And Sick

Good read: https://ammo.com/articles/food-subsi...icans-fat-sick

Farm subsidies are perhaps the ultimate, but secret, third rail of American politics...

Oct 7, 2019 11:05 PM

Old
  (#3134)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-09-2019, 06:56 AM

The Surge In "Surprise" Medical Bills Bankrupting Americans Can Be Blamed On Private Equity

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...private-equity

“Emergency medical services are a perfect buyout target because demand is inelastic, that is it does not decline when prices go up...”

Oct 8, 2019 11:45 PM

Old
  (#3135)
jimmyg
Mook! What's a Mook?

10-11-2019, 07:21 AM

Water Bottles Accumulate Bacteria Like ‘Barnacles on a Boat’ and Must be Cleaned Once a Week

October 9th, 2019

Unless the water bottles belong to my children, in which case the bottles require thorough washing every few days.

Via: Daily Mail:

A microbiologist has warned that your water bottle may be a portable Petri dish if it is not cleaned properly.

The bacteria accumulation is being compared to ‘barnacles on a boat’ and the most dangerous ones come from the outside world, which can cause strep and staph infections.

To transform the infected vessel back to a healthy water bottle, it is suggested that you clean every inch with hot, soapy water and a bottle brush, and do so at least once a week.

Page 209 of 211 « First 109159199207208209 210211

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: