Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page New aiming process "Striking Line Aiming" just introduced at the BCA Nationals 2012
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old
  (#31)
nobcitypool
AzB Silver Member
nobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond reputenobcitypool has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

06-28-2012, 10:36 PM

I've been using this tool now for a couple of weeks. I haven't made it through all the drills and therefore haven't had the chance to use every tool in the package. So I'll comment again as I get through all the drills.

This tool has really, really helped me. I quickly learned my stance/alignment were out of whack. Using Gordy's tools helped me find the proper stance/alignment which also served to put me in a near perfect shoulder/elbow/forearm position. It took far less time than I would have imagined, using the tools, to get comfortable with stepping into the shot with the proper stance/alignment.

I then saw I was slightly off center on the cue ball. Getting the right sight line by using the tool to center on the cb quickly helped with stop, draw and length of table shots.

What I've gained thus far easily gives me a better than break even return on investment with the system. Those that buy it will likely be stunned like I was when you see all the things included and how well made they are. The training manual is well done with both the text descriptions and diagrams.

I would think this tool would be beneficial to any skill level. To the lower level players, I think it is essential. Even the pros though could use this tool to "fine tune" and check their benchmarks if they get slightly off.

To be clear here, I have no affiliation with Gordon whatsoever. I had never even heard of Gordon until I read this thread. Thank you AZ and thank you Gordon!

Old
  (#32)
elvicash
AzB Silver Member
elvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond reputeelvicash has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 87

07-08-2012, 08:21 AM

I have been doing something similiar at home with tailors chalk, painters tape, plumb bob, laser and reinforcement markers. This thing here looks great and easy to move and set back up. I think i will be ordering one of these for my training
It looks very nice thanks for putting this training set together

Hi Runs 14.1-52 (age+3) 9B-5 8B-3
Straight Lock / Five Cents / Kingfish / Fontaine

True Racks Available Now -- www.thetruerack.com

Old
  (#33)
Ratta
Hearing the balls.....
Ratta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond reputeRatta has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2000
 Send a message via ICQ to Ratta Send a message via MSN to Ratta  
07-10-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvicash View Post
I have been doing something similiar at home with tailors chalk, painters tape, plumb bob, laser and reinforcement markers. This thing here looks great and easy to move and set back up. I think i will be ordering one of these for my training
It looks very nice thanks for putting this training set together
agree here elvicash-- i like to work with *beginners* or guys who are having alignment-problems similar things. but it was always kind of improvisation- the instructionan-stuff Gordy developed here looks fantastic. Yesterday received letter from german custom- i think my *stuff* just arrived here in germany. will try to make it tomorrow to the custom,

lg from overseas,

Ingo

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother."......Albert Einstein
________

"Advanced PBIA Instructor and proud member of the SPF Family"

Old
  (#34)
morinj29
Banned
morinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond reputemorinj29 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

Lightbulb 08-10-2012, 09:38 PM

Forgive me Gordy for not posting sooner, but I too am a user of Gordy's system. Before I worked with Gordy, I didn't have a system. I just played strictly of of of feel. I have been using the system now for almost a year and have been seeing results. It's nice when you get in a slump to be able to have some visual aids to go along with the drills to help straighten me out and get my stroke back in line. Before this system I didn't know what practice really was. So thank you Gordy for giving me the tools to succeed!

Old
  (#35)
Okie
Seeker
Okie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond reputeOkie has a reputation beyond repute

01-21-2013, 11:30 AM

I spent a Saturday with Mr. Vandeveer a couple of weeks ago. I had a wonderful time listening to him and learning from him. He is very passionate and knowledgeable about "The Game"!

Thanks Gordy!

Ken

Master Simplicity

http://www.okiebilliards.com/

Met Gordy in las Vegas last year.
Old
  (#36)
tulsayankee
AzB Bronze Member
tulsayankee is on a distinguished road

Met Gordy in las Vegas last year. - 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM

Gordy has great respect for the game. He was very easy to approach and I didn't want to take up too much of his time, since I'm from Oklahoma. I figured that I would see you at home at a local tourney, but we've not crossed paths. What's he easiest way to get a hold of you. I will be getting back into pool in the next month or two, so to get a proper tool to start practing should bring my game back faster, as well as another level.

Old
  (#37)
evergruven
AzB Silver Member
evergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond reputeevergruven has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 02:59 AM

hi, any recent/updated thoughts on this product?
I'm most interested in the template itself..seeing the shot line drawn out is kinda cool
but am open, as ever, to all input
cheers

peace & love

Old
  (#38)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evergruven View Post
hi, any recent/updated thoughts on this product?
I'm most interested in the template itself..seeing the shot line drawn out is kinda cool
but am open, as ever, to all input
cheers
thanks for bumping this thread
as a student of the game i just bought one....

Old
  (#39)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 06:08 AM

I've never seen this! Thanks for the bump. I made similar templates to test out fractional aiming alignments all over the table. Seems like a great tool to help develop good shot recognition.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#40)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 06:09 AM

Gordy is one of the good guys in pool. Good player and good teacher. He put a lot of time into this tool.

Last edited by garczar; 10-16-2019 at 06:24 AM.

Old
  (#41)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 06:53 AM

looks pricey for what it is.

Old
  (#42)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffisher2a View Post
looks pricey for what it is.
Really? The whole set is less than a plain-jane maple shaft.

Last edited by garczar; 10-16-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Old
  (#43)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member
surffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond reputesurffisher2a has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 10:46 AM

You can get a plain jane shaft for like 60 bucks.

That set is 110 + 35 to ship. Looks like its just a couple of templates printed on a thin substrate. Looking at the set again, looks like two balls are included, not sure why. I didn't look at the description to see if they are special somehow.

So you can get 2 plain jane shafts for the cost of this. Why are we trying to compare this to the value of a shaft anyway? apples and oranges.

Honestly its the shipping charges that really turned me off. I really hate when sellers grossly inflate shipping costs. They say they will refund if its over, but come on its 2019, just charge the correct price to begin with.

Old
  (#44)
bbb
AzB Silver Member

bbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond reputebbb has a reputation beyond repute

10-16-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surffisher2a View Post
You can get a plain jane shaft for like 60 bucks.

That set is 110 + 35 to ship. Looks like its just a couple of templates printed on a thin substrate. Looking at the set again, looks like two balls are included, not sure why. I didn't look at the description to see if they are special somehow.

So you can get 2 plain jane shafts for the cost of this. Why are we trying to compare this to the value of a shaft anyway? apples and oranges.

Honestly its the shipping charges that really turned me off. I really hate when sellers grossly inflate shipping costs. They say they will refund if its over, but come on its 2019, just charge the correct price to begin with.
How much time and effort Would it take you to build those templates and mark them?
And then put Together a PDF to explain how to use it
I Could go on but to me the pricing is very reasonable

Old
  (#45)
surffisher2a
AzB Silver Member

10-16-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
How much time and effort Would it take you to build those templates and mark them?
And then put Together a PDF to explain how to use it
I Could go on but to me the pricing is very reasonable
I am sure he paid for his time and effort on the first 20 he sold. His material cost are probably like 15 bucks so he should be selling for like 45 - 60 dollars.

Again the value is in whatever someone is willing to pay. If he is selling a lot of them at 135 dollars, good for him, I hope he sells a million of them.

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: