Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue Accessory reviews
Reload this Page Ultraskin Tip Review>>>Soft-Medium-Hard
Page 2 of 4 12 34

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 5.00 average.
3 cushion
Old
  (#16)
Chrippa
AzB Silver Member
Chrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond reputeChrippa has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

3 cushion - 03-14-2013, 12:54 AM

I have several friends that play 3 cushion on rather high level and they just love the HH tip, sold plenty to them.
These guys really pounds the tip good sometimes and they go very extrem on some english shots.
They have showed me several tips of other brands that has just cracked, lose pieces etc.
They have said several times now that "itīs the best tip out there". They have had no tip gone bad for them at all. Pretty good "review". Btw - some plays with M and H also - same thing there.

I gave some Oinkers to a few to try out also, havenīt been able to play myself though for a while, at least not when they are there so I havenīt got the feedback on them yet.
Can say that I have one on and also some other pool friends and they play good and hold shape good - very consistent and good tip so far!

Great work Tom!

Chrippa

Good Alternative?
Old
  (#17)
asianevil
AzB Silver Member
asianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond repute

Good Alternative? - 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM

If these are a good/great alternative to the $20 Kamui Blk S/SS, I'll use them!

Last edited by asianevil; 04-23-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Old
  (#18)
lvlss42190
AzB Silver Member
lvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond reputelvlss42190 has a reputation beyond repute

03-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Has anyone had a chance to compare these tips to the new Predator Victory tips?

I hear the predator is a lot like Kamui but with a slightly cheaper price tag. Interested in both ultraskin and the predator and eventually will try them both. Just not sure which one I'd like to try first.

Review
Old
  (#19)
asianevil
AzB Silver Member
asianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond reputeasianevil has a reputation beyond repute

Review - 04-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Might as well make it an update:

I have bought all hardness level tips and have settled on the Soft.
Before the Ultra-layered, I was using the Kamui blk SS with an OB classic.

After 20 hours of play: The Ultra Layered Soft has a very nice hit with the cue ball. Has held its shape nicely. It doesn't need any more/less tip treatment than the Kamui blk SS. Although I did trim the tip down quite a bit to 1/2 of original size, I think it plays better at this size. And at the AZ forum price, this tip is unbeatable.

I've come back playing after a 15 year layoff and have found this shaft/tip combination to be the best (for me). Give the tips a fair test and you'll be quite surprised at the product Tom has provided us.

Old
  (#20)
cuesblues
cue accumulator

cuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond reputecuesblues has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

04-23-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianevil View Post
Might as well make it an update:

I have bought all hardness level tips and have settled on the Soft.
Before the Ultra-layered, I was using the Kamui blk SS with an OB classic.

After 20 hours of play: The Ultra Layered Soft has a very nice hit with the cue ball. Has held its shape nicely. It doesn't need any more/less tip treatment than the Kamui blk SS. Although I did trim the tip down quite a bit to 1/2 of original size, I think it plays better at this size. And at the AZ forum price, this tip is unbeatable.

I've come back playing after a 15 year layoff and have found this shaft/tip combination to be the best (for me). Give the tips a fair test and you'll be quite surprised at the product Tom has provided us.

Nice review, glad that you tried them

player..Pat Diveney, Joel Hercek, Larry Vigus
player..Gus & Barry Szamboti, South West
player..Schon, Jensen, Terry McFadden
player..Murray Tucker, Nat Green, Brent Summers
player...Richard Black, Paul Drexler, Woodworth
player...Dave Jones, Predator, Loveland Customs
breaker.Judd Fuller
jumper..Jacoby Jumper
shooter..Sig Sauer P226 357
cutter.....Spyderco Massad Ayoob

Old
  (#21)
FaithHopeLove
AzB Silver Member
FaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond reputeFaithHopeLove has a reputation beyond repute

06-02-2013, 11:51 PM

Nice review.

If you lose, you're actually losing to yourself because you gave your opponent that chance by not keeping him to his seat.

Old
  (#22)
x3dnd3x
Trainee Chalk Collector
x3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond repute

08-16-2013, 02:24 AM

So 1 of the Ultraskin cue tip cost USD9.95 per piece?

Old
  (#23)
Manoman2444
AzB Silver Member
Manoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond reputeManoman2444 has a reputation beyond repute

08-18-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3dnd3x View Post
So 1 of the Ultraskin cue tip cost USD9.95 per piece?
email Tom Hay at SimpleBedLiners@aol.com He will fix you up with some Ultra-Skins.

Old
  (#24)
TomHay
Best Tips For Less
TomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond reputeTomHay has a reputation beyond repute

08-21-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoman2444 View Post
email Tom Hay at SimpleBedLiners@aol.com He will fix you up with some Ultra-Skins.
Thanks for giving the input. I have pretty much retired that email address since retirement. The best Email for me now is Tcue@aol.com.

Thanks

The Price you need, the proven quality your customer deserves
Tom Hay
Email - Tcue@aol.com
Playing Cue - Custom 1999 RT 8 Point
Web Site - Layered Pool Cue Tips

UltraSkinLayered Layered Cue Tips AZ Member
Discounted Prices All USA States click banner below
and SIGN UP NOW for your discounts

Layered Cue Tips Video

Old
  (#25)
x3dnd3x
Trainee Chalk Collector
x3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond reputex3dnd3x has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHay View Post
Thanks for giving the input. I have pretty much retired that email address since retirement. The best Email for me now is Tcue@aol.com.

Thanks
Emailed you but no reply.

Ultraskins
Old
  (#26)
mattb
AzB Silver Member
mattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond reputemattb has a reputation beyond repute

Ultraskins - 08-25-2013, 06:52 AM

I have switched several shafts over to the softs and really like them for all games. I recently picked up an old Jensen and had a medium installed on one shaft and a soft on the other to do a comparison as both shafts are close in make up. The medium does feel good for banks as it allows for better stop or stun on the CB. Not bad at all.

I had a friend borrowing an old break cue of mine and he gave it back with a new HH ultraskin on it. I like it. Going to change my Gilbert JB over very soon.

I am sold on these tips. I turned my cue mechanic on to them and he is sold too. In all we have probably bought 100 plus of these tips.

Keep up the good work!

10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

I was arrested and the judge said life in prison, or you can join an APA league. I wish now that I had taken the prison term.

Old
  (#27)
tsp&b
AzB Silver Member
tsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond reputetsp&b has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2013, 07:44 AM

I think Tom called them HH for Heavy Hitter, or Hard Hitter, but I think he could have just named them XH. IMHO they are GREAT, very firm, they hold their shape well, can be used as a break tip or (if your customer likes a really firm hit) as a shooting tip. They hold chalk well, but just like any hard should be chalked often.

Todd

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
http://www.midamericapool.com

Tip
Old
  (#28)
Snapshot9
son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Snapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond reputeSnapshot9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 260

Tip - 08-27-2013, 07:40 AM

I appreciate all the reviews guys. I am going to have a cue made in a couple of months, and was going to put a Moori medium on one shaft, and an Ultraskin on the other. I like a medium hard tip, and didn't really know to get the Ultraskin medium or hard. I currently play with a Hervules medium hard layered tip. I like the Hercules tip, but was wanting to try something different.

Anybody have feedback of the Hercules tip vs. Ultraskin? I may just end up putting an Ultraskin on both shafts.

Scott 'Snapshot' Fraser
'Snap Lock' of the famous Lock Society
Don't judge yourself by what you have accomplished, but rather by what you should accomplish with your abilities - John Wooden

Tips
Old
  (#29)
jkan101
jkan101
jkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond reputejkan101 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1100

Tips - 08-29-2013, 07:06 AM

Tom,
I recently bought some for your tips. Just wanted to give you my opinion on them, installed very easily no problems whatsoever. I put a soft tip on my personal stick and was impressed. The hit was crisp and the cue ball responded very well to any english I put on the ball. Again Thanks

Joe

Old
  (#30)
measureman
AzB Silver Member
measureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond reputemeasureman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1500

08-29-2013, 08:31 AM

I have Ultraskin tips on 2 shafts.
For quite awhile I would miscue quite often (I do hit the cue ball with extreme english at times) I did everything I could think of to rough up the tip and nothing seemed to help.I was using Masters chalk. It got so bad that I would try to figure out how to get position not using extreme draw or spin.Probably more my fault then the tips fault. But that's how I play.
Then I was given some Triangle chalk and have been using it now for months and the miscues have all but disappeared.
Maybe its a mental thing. But now I have no fear of muscling up on a shot.

New cue-Schmelke custom Bocote merry widow-still in testing
Playing cue- The Mighty Lucasi Cocobolo
Back up cue - Troy Downey
I woke up.
Triangles tips and Masters chalk are good enough.

The Truth: If you have a stroke the gear don't matter... If you don't have a stroke the gear won't help.
The above quote by Softshot

Page 2 of 4 12 34

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: