Old
  (#16)
born2push
AzB Silver Member
born2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-26-2019, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
No - it's not even a close imitation. It may still be a useful system for somebody who likes it - but calling it CTE is misleading.

pj

chgo
I thought you didn't know much about cte.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Old
  (#17)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

08-26-2019, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by born2push View Post
Why did you think that?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#18)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
You're absolutely right, he doesn't.
But he's been ignorantly pontificating about it for years.

Old
  (#19)
born2push
AzB Silver Member
born2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
No - it's not even a close imitation. It may still be a useful system for somebody who likes it - but calling it CTE is misleading.

pj

chgo
Oh, just by the way you reacted to the video. The guy was pocketing every ball but you thought it was boring. So what do you think he's missing? Im just trying to learn.

Old
  (#20)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2019, 09:03 AM

This is nothing like Hal Houle's/Stan Shuffett's CTE. But is close to what I've shown in this diagram: https://forums.azbilliards.com/pictu...ictureid=17887

Using a reference point on the ob, combined with a half tip offset pivot, the ob tracks a particular line as determined by the pivot angle and ob reference point. You can easily setup shots at 3 or 4 different angles and make them work, provided they are the appropriate angles for the pivots and ref points you are using. It's the countless shots that fall between these setup examples that'll take a few months (if not years) before your brain is able to tweak the ref points, pivots, and bridge lengths enough to actually get it working with any consistency.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#21)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
You're absolutely right, he doesn't.
But he's been ignorantly pontificating about it for years.
When trying to learn something about CTE it's best to ignore the CTE cultists - they know less about it than anybody. LowIQ here is one of the best examples of that - ask him anything about it and watch him tapdance all around your questions ("it'll all be explained in Stan Shuffett's 50th video, due out mumblemumble").

CTE is a simple system made overly complicated to obscure the fact that it's pretty much like every other system. That dodge only seems to work on its "true believers".

Make your own judgment.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#22)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

08-26-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Oh, just by the way you reacted to the video. The guy was pocketing every ball but you thought it was boring.
I've seen it all before in multiple videos - I only watched it so you could be sure I wasn't misleading you.

Quote:
So what do you think he's missing?
As I said, CTE doesn't use the stick-to-aimpoints alignment - it uses the CB's edge-to-aimpoints (and the CB's other edge-to-OB edge) alignments.

There are other differences, and one major similarity: both systems are "estimating guides", like every other aiming system - they don't magically "show you" where to aim, but only give you a way to get close. You have to finalize the aim yourself from experience/practice ("by feel").

All aiming systems are (obviously) like this, but CTE users deny it loudly - the source of pretty much all the arguments here (and why they don't get much respect).

pj
chgo

Old
  (#23)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
This is nothing like Hal Houle's/Stan Shuffett's CTE. But is close to what I've shown in this diagram: https://forums.azbilliards.com/pictu...ictureid=17887
Using a reference point on the ob, combined with a half tip offset pivot, the ob tracks a particular line as determined by the pivot angle and ob reference point. You can easily setup shots at 3 or 4 different angles and make them work, provided they are the appropriate angles for the pivots and ref points you are using. It's the countless shots that fall between these setup examples that'll take a few months (if not years) before your brain is able to tweak the ref points, pivots, and bridge lengths enough to actually get it working with any consistency.
Wrong again.

Old
  (#24)
Low500
Banned

08-26-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
When trying to learn something about CTE it's best to ignore the CTE cultists - they know less about it than anybody. LowIQ here is one of the best examples of that - ask him anything about it and watch him tapdance all around your questions ("it'll all be explained in Stan Shuffett's 50th video, due out mumblemumble").
CTE is a simple system made overly complicated to obscure the fact that it's pretty much like every other system. That dodge only seems to work on its "true believers".
Make your own judgment.
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

Old
  (#25)
Low500
Banned

08-26-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I've seen it all before in multiple videos - I only watched it so you could be sure I wasn't misleading you.
As I said, CTE doesn't use the stick-to-aimpoints alignment - it uses the CB's edge-to-aimpoints (and the CB's other edge-to-OB edge) alignments.
There are other differences, and one major similarity: both systems are "estimating guides", like every other aiming system - they don't magically "show you" where to aim, but only give you a way to get close. You have to finalize the aim yourself from experience/practice ("by feel").
All aiming systems are (obviously) like this, but CTE users deny it loudly - the source of pretty much all the arguments here (and why they don't get much respect).
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

Old
  (#26)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

08-26-2019, 11:17 AM

Maybe some people are natural strokers.
But, when I'm down and I pivot the tip to the center , my elbow is not longer in the natural stroking line.
I have to move my rear end then stay on that setup.
If I don't , the stroke gets wonky.

Same with BHE.

Old
  (#27)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

08-26-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
LowIQ here is one of the best examples of that - ask him anything about it and watch him tapdance all around your questions...
Quote:
Wrong again.
Quote:
Wrong again.
Quote:
Wrong again.
lol

Right on cue.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#28)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

08-26-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Maybe some people are natural strokers.
But, when I'm down and I pivot the tip to the center , my elbow is not longer in the natural stroking line.
I have to move my rear end then stay on that setup.
If I don't , the stroke gets wonky.

Same with BHE.
I feel the same way about BHE, but when pivot-aiming it seems you could get close enough before pivoting that the pivot won't be big enough to make you move your rear end. But I don't pivot at all, so whaddaIknow?

pj
chgo

Old
  (#29)
Low500
Banned

08-26-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
lol
Right on cue.
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

Old
  (#30)
Low500
Banned

08-26-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
I feel the same way about BHE, but when pivot-aiming it seems you could get close enough before pivoting that the pivot won't be big enough to make you move your rear end. But I don't pivot at all, so whaddaIknow?
pj
chgo
Wrong again.

Page 2 of 5 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: