Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Cue and shaft reviews
Reload this Page OB and McDermott 3/8x10 joints not interchangeable?

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
OB and McDermott 3/8x10 joints not interchangeable?
Old
  (#1)
ddg45
AzB Silver Member
ddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond reputeddg45 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

OB and McDermott 3/8x10 joints not interchangeable? - 09-03-2019, 09:12 AM

Greetings all. I just bought OB and McDermott cues, both with 3/8x10 joints. In the past I was able to put a G-Core shaft on an OB butt and vice versa, but these new shafts are definitely not interchangeable. Putting the Mac shaft on the OB butt was not even close to going on; I was afraid to damage the shaft. Putting the OB shaft on the Mac butt was way too big...80% of the way down it still had a major wobble. Looking the pins there seems to be a noticeable difference in both size and thread. In the past I've had both cues and was able to mix and match, but not with these 2. Has anybody else experienced this recently? Thanks

Playing cues: Pechauer P10-H and OB-129. I like no-wrap cues.
All I own are better than I am but I fight the urge to buy more.

Old
  (#2)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddg45 View Post
Greetings all. I just bought OB and McDermott cues, both with 3/8x10 joints. In the past I was able to put a G-Core shaft on an OB butt and vice versa, but these new shafts are definitely not interchangeable. Putting the Mac shaft on the OB butt was not even close to going on; I was afraid to damage the shaft. Putting the OB shaft on the Mac butt was way too big...80% of the way down it still had a major wobble. Looking the pins there seems to be a noticeable difference in both size and thread. In the past I've had both cues and was able to mix and match, but not with these 2. Has anybody else experienced this recently? Thanks
IIRC OB uses a 3/8x10 modified flat-bottom and McD. uses a standard 3/8x10. Not same.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: