Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > 14.1 Pool
Reload this Page American Straight Pool Championship, 2019
Page 3 of 4 123 4

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-24-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle84 View Post
Maybe there haven't been many high runs on the stream but there have been a good amount of high runs overall. Don't know exactly how many 100+ runs exactly but at least 3 of 125 and out, more than double that of 100+ and many more of 80-100.
Yeah the Diamonds slow us mere mortals down but don't bother the top guys that much.
who has ran 125 and out? I'm curious because the ticker at the bottom all day showed Thorsten over leevan.

Old
  (#32)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2019, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positively Ralf View Post
who has ran 125 and out? I'm curious because the ticker at the bottom all day showed Thorsten over leevan.
Schmidt, Feijen and one other European. Not sure but I think it was Lechner.
Schmidt ran 266 practicing and Alex ran something over 160 when he kept shooting after finishing off Eberle.
Stu hit the nail on the head, the real games start Friday though I'd disagree about the strength of the field. I think each of the previous 3 years was a little stronger. But that's probably splitting hairs.
Peter said he had hoped for more players but some backed out and some were at a tournament in China and couldn't get here in time.
He said next year he wants to schedule after the International 9ball and thinks he'll get a bigger and better turnout, possibly 64.

:-/
Old
  (#33)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

:-/ - 10-24-2019, 11:59 AM

Removed - Removed - this was a lie from brady that got removed qmesters is not a good venue for me to compete in. Again too mny bad memories - but I guess archerr' or rodnee helped peter find his new venue for 14.1. if u lie to the viewers on this forum (and have con -nections) they will simply help remove the post for ya? Again brady should offer the players he has stiffed in the past compensation for any of his future events. I always found it interesting how some find it so easy to just simply lie instead of man up and tell the truth - enter q mesters sports bar and little weasel brady.

A quote from little weasel brady 'If Pool Players stood by promoters and attempted to help promote the sport, Pool would go further. Many of the players do and are understanding. Airing dirty laundry never helped anything in fact hurts a sport already bruised'. (what if the dirty laundry is $ rightfully owed to the player from 1 of yer tournaments - and the player had to wait over ten yrs to get compenstated little brady)? This forum was my last option to bring resolve - kinda sad that it had to take so long for him to call me and try to mend what was impossible to rebuild. What they deleted was brady saying he had mailed me two $ orders for 1,000.00 a piece ($ orders do not come in thousand dollar increments ha ha). As I say I can laugh about him now but back then it was truly disheartening to know he was driving around in a new corvette and I was $3,100.00 in the hole from one of his tournaments. Spent too much negative energy on him to compete in his inherited pool room/sports bar.

I guess as scumdt's pal mark kendell (great white) would say - Once bitten twice shy. I don't really feel like taking a chance on waiting another twelve yrs to simply get paid from what was supposed to be a pro sanctioned event?.But i hope everyone involved does get paid, as they are putting up there entry fee as I did, so again too many bad memories. If it would have been handled differently (resolved sooner) than I would not still not harbor bitter feelings toward brady - it was not even. I should have my entry fee covered in any of his future events for 12yrs - am I wrong? Anyone who attends there soiree should know - not ALL the best are there. I am one of the best Straight Pool players on any soil - or any planet for that matter. Better days an hopefully more honest people involved in any possible future for our great game of 14.1.

Last edited by Danny Harriman; 10-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Old
  (#34)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1
Danny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Harriman has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle84 View Post
Schmidt, Feijen and one other European. Not sure but I think it was Lechner.
Schmidt ran 266 practicing and Alex ran something over 160 when he kept shooting after finishing off Eberle.
Stu hit the nail on the head, the real games start Friday though I'd disagree about the strength of the field. I think each of the previous 3 years was a little stronger. But that's probably splitting hairs.
Peter said he had hoped for more players but some backed out and some were at a tournament in China and couldn't get here in time.
He said next year he wants to schedule after the International 9ball and thinks he'll get a bigger and better turnout, possibly 64.
Ya yer right more stupid people will show up for 9 ball than the classic game of Straight Pool, there are more dummies than classy honest pool players for sure.

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Come to MO
Old
  (#35)
Danny Harriman
One of the best in 14.1

Come to MO - 10-24-2019, 01:08 PM

The winner of their little soiree should travel to MO and try me some on the 5x10 (real pool) - they will have no trouble getting paid -if they can win. :-)

One of the best Straight Pool players - on any soil - or gravity for the matter.

Old
  (#36)
seussman
AzB Gold Member
seussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond reputeseussman has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

10-24-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
Any stream for this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmNm...pU1UAGw_l5JPZM

Old
  (#37)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2019, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth C. View Post
...I can only conclude that Peter Burrows must have specified much tighter pockets this year. ....
I suspect that Peter Burrows has never asked any host room to adjust the size of the pockets, and that the Diamonds in Q-Masters tournament room were not modified for this event but are the same pockets that they have had since they were originally installed.

My feeling is that the pockets are the right difficulty for this level of competition.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#38)
mikemosconi
AzB Silver Member
mikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond reputemikemosconi has a reputation beyond repute

10-24-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Jewett View Post
I suspect that Peter Burrows has never asked any host room to adjust the size of the pockets, and that the Diamonds in Q-Masters tournament room were not modified for this event but are the same pockets that they have had since they were originally installed.

My feeling is that the pockets are the right difficulty for this level of competition.
Yes, I would agree with you. I am impressed by high runs on these Diamonds. Myself, I don't have much experience on Diamonds, my home table up North was a GC with 4 3/4 inch corners. Recently retired from my business career, and being here in Fl without a home table now- I am now only playing about 5 hours a week- running 30s consistently on an Olhausen 4 3/4 - but that is not good enough to get competitive for this group. I am hoping this year to put the time in and get up to running 40s or so very consistently on Diamond 4 1/2s - ; if i get there, I will enter this next year. I feel that if one can run 40s or so consistently, with a real strong 14.1 safety game - you can compete anywhere as long as you are leaving the table to your opponent on safeties and not on missed shots- especially at this level. Irving Crane won many games this way without high runs.

Old
  (#39)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member
Positively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond reputePositively Ralf has a reputation beyond repute

10-25-2019, 08:59 AM

What a horrible mistake by Wilkie. But that's what you get from players who do not know how to keep a safety battle going and just want to start a run right?

Old
  (#40)
sparkle84
AzB Silver Member
sparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond reputesparkle84 has a reputation beyond repute

10-25-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Harriman View Post
Ya yer right more stupid people will show up for 9 ball than the classic game of Straight Pool, there are more dummies than classy honest pool players for sure.
This has absolutely nothing to do with my post.
Secondly, nobody appreciates you dissing Peter Burrows. Look up classy in the dictionary and his picture will be there. This isn't the place to bring up your feud with John or your ancient history issues with Barry.
Thirdly, there's 6 or 8 guys here who wouldn't have much trouble with you on any table.

Old
  (#41)
Positively Ralf
AzB Silver Member

10-25-2019, 12:41 PM

Good match between JS and Ruslan.

Wilkie basically played himself out of his match vs Appleton. Too many dumb mistakes on his part.

THANK YOU for the stream!
Old
  (#42)
grindz
AzB Silver Member
grindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond reputegrindz has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

THANK YOU for the stream! - 10-25-2019, 02:17 PM

Nice stream! Thx for posting the link, and thank you to the providers. Just watched
Schmidt v Makkonen(sp?) and was a very fun match to watch. Chances to both players to complete the run, and examples of different styles of play (as well as really good show by John of how his game has progressed since his attempt and conquer of the long standing record).

Watching that match just made me think of how Willie after being on the road for so many years, day after day playing exhibitions, must have had such an astounding skill and knowledge base and been so locked in.... I can see how he became what he became (and was who he was).

Just an opinion of a weak 14.1 player at best.... or any other game for that matter.

td

Old
  (#43)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

10-25-2019, 02:43 PM

Can anyone describe the seating/viewing arrangement for spectators?

I've never been but might venture thataway if you can get a good look at the matches.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#44)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

10-25-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Can anyone describe the seating/viewing arrangement for spectators?

I've never been but might venture thataway if you can get a good look at the matches.

Lou Figueroa
Looks like they at least have bleachers on one side:

Name:  Spectators.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  71.4 KB

Old
  (#45)
Bob Jewett
Northern California

Bob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond reputeBob Jewett has a reputation beyond repute

10-25-2019, 05:57 PM

They have bleachers as shown with maybe 60-70 seats total. Until the quarter finals there was no problem getting a seat. The bleachers go up pretty fast so climbing up is a little challenge for the less spry. Now that we are down to fewer tables people are also sitting around the edges. There are 14 or 15 Diamonds in the tournament room, and some out in the main room. They also have a smoking section (but I noticed no smoke in the tournament area or the main room). 70+ tables in total. They have pretty good food at reasonable prices.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Page 3 of 4 123 4

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: