Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?
Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#46)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-30-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
It all goes to definition. Aiming is not monolithic. It is not singular. Aiming is ubiquitous.
What's really wonderful about this whole mess is that aiming doesn't have to be perfect. Why, you ask? Because in pool, all you have to do is win and if you're perfect, you'll scare off all the suckers. Oh, yeah, who are the suckers? They're the dudes crowing about CTE.
The total tonnage of your ignorance and arrogance is enough to sink an ocean liner.

Old
  (#47)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Sorry, this coming from someone who says the system he uses takes care of deflection and CIT.
The total tonnage of your ignorance and arrogance is enough to sink an ocean liner.

Old
  (#48)
Low500
Banned

09-30-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
So you don't believe the brain is capable of mastering the task of pocketing pool balls? There is absolutely nothing misleading with my statement, "Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball." Most pro players will admit that they haven't mastered the game, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. They just haven't been able to it. And for those who believe it isn't possible, well, they will never be able to do it.

The road to mediocre is quite easy -- just tell yourself the lie that mastering anything is impossible. Millions do it every day while a hardworking few go on to dispel the lie and become worldclass athletes or musicians or whatever.
And your own game is mediocre. The big lie is selling something with the hustle of "never miss another ball".
Why don't you use your OWN method of how to "Master Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball " ?
Post some video evidence of you in action against some A rated players and demonstrate how you "Never Miss Another Ball".

Old
  (#49)
Low500
Banned

09-30-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckie View Post
“Master the art of aiming and never miss another ball” is totally misleading. It is one of those statements you hear on shopping networks.
You can master aiming, but suck at execution.
You can hit the pocket with the right aiming but too much OB speed and it rattles out.
You can miscue......but aim perfectly.
You can misjudge spin effect......but aim perfectly.
That statement is nothing more than a marketing statement made to entice someone to buy it.
Well Duckie, you finally got something right.
Those self-help books from the shopping networks must be getting results for you.
I salute you.
Good work!

Old
  (#50)
Low500
Banned

09-30-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Aiming doesn't take place in a freakin' VACUUM. The second you pocket a ball, you're already preparing for the next shot. That's aiming. The second the cue ball stops rolling, you're aiming. It doesn't matter where you are, you're aiming. Either that or you head is buried in some bigtitchix blouse, in which case you shouldn't be playing pool at all. Everything we do MUST be designed to make the next 9(or more)balls go in the hole. Aiming is not separable. It is not divisible. It's the whole goddam dance. Jeez.
WRONG again.
And your use of profanity is merely a demonstration of your weak mind attempting to express itself forcefully.
The total tonnage of your arrogance and ignorance (coupled with a newly exposed vulgarity) is enough to sink an ocean liner.

Old
  (#51)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
And your own game is mediocre. The big lie is selling something with the hustle of "never miss another ball".
Why don't you use your OWN method of how to "Master Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball " ?
Post some video evidence of you in action against some A rated players and demonstrate how you "Never Miss Another Ball".
Mediocre? If a player that breaks and runs 8 or 9 ball racks about 50% of the time or better is "mediocre" in your world, then I guess I'm mediocre.

It takes practice, quality table time, to become an "A" player. Practice is something I don't make time for right now. I have been called an "A" player quite often, though I believe I just a solid B+ player with streaks of an "A" game busting out occasionally. I do use my system on occassion when I play, like on a shot that may come up and I don't automatically know how to hit it. I use the system then and it works. I can break and run a couple of racks, keeping in line on each shot, and then maybe get out of line on a shot in the third rack, a shot that makes me doubt the outcome. This is when I'll use the system.

I have no doubt that if I had come up with my system back when I was 15 or 16, and had put in the necessary practice to master fractional aiming in that manner, verses ghostball or any other trial and error system, I would have reached a level of play where I felt like I could never miss a shot. I feel this way sometimes anyway, on given nights. And I have played many tournaments and league nights without ever missing a ball in any game. If I (a non pro player that seldom practices) can do this, then I know others that put more time into their game can do it also. You can say that's arrogant, but it's really just confidence, which is a powerful tool.

Believing in yourself, striving toward what others say is impossible, makes almost anything possible. That's the truth, no lie. I feel sorry for people like you, those with fixed mindsets that place limitations on themselves. They close off opportunities that could allow them to reach limitless possibilities.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 09-30-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Old
  (#52)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-30-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I don’t believe it’s possible to “never miss another ball”.

Neither do you.
Quote:
I do believe it.
Even though the best that's ever been done is less than 1,000 shots...

Sorry, I thought we were talking about reality.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#53)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Even though the best that's ever been done is less than 1,000 shots...

pj
chgo
Brian's statement is a challenge. We must always strive for exceptionalism. Mastery is the goal. Some people accept the challenge. Other people believe that they are incapable of mastery and accept the reality that their only hope is gimmicks and videos and mouth. The consolation, of course, is that without losers, winners would have to get a real job.

Missing a shot is real-time proof that the player is not the master. Given that, a person can choose to aspire, or choose to be the slave.

Old
  (#54)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Even though it has never happened in any discipline in the history of mankind...

pj
chgo
Here's some reality....

A hundred years ago no one imagined that we would create the technology to put people into space.

Worldclass Olympic athletes compete at levels today considered impossible by athletes decades ago.

The more science discovers about human learning, human potential, the more we see that the old-school mentality about learning and developing skills is, well....old.

You and others fail to understand the implications here. Mastering any complex skill to the point of being able to perform it flawlessly and effortlessly is not beyond reality. Worldclass performers in every discipline achieve this level of excellence daily. It's illogical to assume that something possible -- perfection -- in nearly every discipline can't be possible in pool/billiards.

Thankfully there are plenty of non-old-school thinkers out there pushing the limits beyond what you and the like consider impossible or unreal.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#55)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Brian's statement is a challenge. We must always strive for exceptionalism. Mastery is the goal. Some people accept the challenge. Other people believe that they are incapable of mastery and accept the reality that their only hope is gimmicks and videos and mouth. The consolation, of course, is that without losers, winners would have to get a real job.

Missing a shot is real-time proof that the player is not the master. Given that, a person can choose to aspire, or choose to be the slave.
clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Good to see that someone comprehends the reality of learning, of striving for excellence through vigorous practice. No one has ever mastered anything without believing they could do it.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

It is a lie !!
Old
  (#56)
Low500
Banned

It is a lie !! - 09-30-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Mediocre? If a player that breaks and runs 8 or 9 ball racks about 50% of the time or better is "mediocre" in your world, then I guess I'm mediocre.
It takes practice, quality table time, to become an "A" player. Practice is something I don't make time for right now. I have been called an "A" player quite often, though I believe I just a solid B+ player with streaks of an "A" game busting out occasionally. I do use my system on occassion when I play, like on a shot that may come up and I don't automatically know how to hit it. I use the system then and it works. I can break and run a couple of racks, keeping in line on each shot, and then maybe get out of line on a shot in the third rack, a shot that makes me doubt the outcome. This is when I'll use the system.
I have no doubt that if I had come up with my system back when I was 15 or 16, and had put in the necessary practice to master fractional aiming in that manner, verses ghostball or any other trial and error system, I would have reached a level of play where I felt like I could never miss a shot. I feel this way sometimes anyway, on given nights. And I have played many tournaments and league nights without ever missing a ball in any game. If I (a non pro player that seldom practices) can do this, then I know others that put more time into their game can do it also. You can say that's arrogant, but it's really just confidence, which is a powerful tool.
Believing in yourself, striving toward what others say is impossible, makes almost anything possible. That's the truth, no lie. I feel sorry for people like you, those with fixed mindsets that place limitations on themselves. They close off opportunities that could allow them to reach limitless possibilities.
One of the most absurd adages promoted by millennials is that thing about "you can do anything you want to do or be anything you want to be. It is a lie.
A child or an adult can stand in front of a mirror every day for years repeating positive affirmations about "I am eight feet tall and I am the best in the NBA" and they will, in the world of reality, never grow to be eight feet tall.
They can repeat the same things over and over about "I can leap from a 12 story building and fly like a bird"....and when they try it, they will die.
You mislead people when you tell them with your publication that they can "master aiming and never miss another ball". That too is a lie. They will miss balls, no matter what system they use. They can study your system forever, but they're still going to miss balls.
No matter how much you pontificate in an eloquent manner, you are still merely an amateur teaching amateurs to become amateurs.
Furnish videos of you breaking and running racks 50% of the time....otherwise it is just bullfeathers from you in order to sell your books.

Old
  (#57)
nine_ball6970
585 speed drunk
nine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond reputenine_ball6970 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
One of the most absurd adages promoted by millennials is that thing about "you can do anything you want to do or be anything you want to be. It is a lie.
A child or an adult can stand in front of a mirror every day for years repeating positive affirmations about "I am eight feet tall and I am the best in the NBA" and they will, in the world of reality, never grow to be eight feet tall.
They can repeat the same things over and over about "I can leap from a 12 story building and fly like a bird"....and when they try it, they will die.
You mislead people when you tell them with your publication that they can "master aiming and never miss another ball". That too is a lie. They will miss balls, no matter what system they use. They can study your system forever, but they're still going to miss balls.
No matter how much you pontificate in an eloquent manner, you are still merely an amateur teaching amateurs to become amateurs.
Furnish videos of you breaking and running racks 50% of the time....otherwise it is just bullfeathers from you in order to sell your books.
You don't seem like a very happy person.

Old
  (#58)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

09-30-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
Careful, he might put you on his "ignore list".

It is a LIE!
Old
  (#59)
Low500
Banned

It is a LIE! - 09-30-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Good to see that someone comprehends the reality of learning, of striving for excellence through vigorous practice. No one has ever mastered anything without believing they could do it.
Nobody has ever mastered pool.
Nobody has ever mastered the guitar.
Nobody has ever mastered chess.
Nobody has ever mastered golf, baseball, swimming, or even the clever art of telling lies. (Hillary Clinton was close to mastering the art of telling lies, but even she got caught)

Old
  (#60)
Low500
Banned

09-30-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
I'm very happy when I am around happy people.
People who promote lies to sell stuff just piss me off.
Look that up in your funk and wagnals.

Page 4 of 7 « First 234 56 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: