Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page What happened to Stans CTE Book and New Video?
Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

09-30-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Even though the best that's ever been done is less than 1,000 shots...

Sorry, I thought we were talking about reality.

pj
chgo
If you've ever played an entire tournament or match without missing a shot, then you've done it, provided you actually got to shoot. Even if it only occurred that one match or one weekend, you mastered the art of aiming at that time. If you can do it once you can do it again. Not sure about you, but I've done it quite often.

Of course there are mental/emotional roadblocks that come into play at the worse times, like choking, trying too hard, wrong frame of mind, etc.... but these are other elements of the game that must be mastered if you expect to not miss any shots. And keep in mind that in order to "never miss another ball" the player must incorporate knowledge and skill, choosing which shots to shoot and which shots to duck, instead of just firing at every low percentage shot you get. This is all part of the dance, knowing and mastering the moves, being so in tune with your game that you know exactly how to maneuver in every situation.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#62)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_ball6970 View Post
You don't seem like a very happy person.
I pick up on that, too. Loneliness and failure and unresolved issues can be very powerful.

Old
  (#63)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
If you've ever played an entire tournament or match without missing a shot, then you've done it, provided you actually got to shoot. Even if it only occurred that one match or one weekend, you mastered the art of aiming at that time. If you can do it once you can do it again. Not sure about you, but I've done it quite often.

Of course there are mental/emotional roadblocks that come into play at the worse times, like choking, trying too hard, wrong frame of mind, etc.... but these are other elements of the game that must be mastered if you expect to not miss any shots. And keep in mind that in order to "never miss another ball" the player must incorporate knowledge and skill, choosing which shots to shoot and which shots to duck, instead of just firing at every low percentage shot you get. This is all part of the dance, knowing and mastering the moves, being so in tune with your game that you know exactly how to maneuver in every situation.
Major Plus 1. Well said!

Old
  (#64)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

09-30-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyInCali View Post
Careful, he might put you on his "ignore list".
It seems that people with rabbit ears, an alligator mouth, and a hummingbird ass have serious issues with putting people on "ignore."

Old
  (#65)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
One of the most absurd adages promoted by millennials is that thing about "you can do anything you want to do or be anything you want to be. It is a lie.
A child or an adult can stand in front of a mirror every day for years repeating positive affirmations about "I am eight feet tall and I am the best in the NBA" and they will, in the world of reality, never grow to be eight feet tall.
They can repeat the same things over and over about "I can leap from a 12 story building and fly like a bird"....and when they try it, they will die.
You mislead people when you tell them with your publication that they can "master aiming and never miss another ball". That too is a lie. They will miss balls, no matter what system they use. They can study your system forever, but they're still going to miss balls.
No matter how much you pontificate in an eloquent manner, you are still merely an amateur teaching amateurs to become amateurs.
Furnish videos of you breaking and running racks 50% of the time....otherwise it is just bullfeathers from you in order to sell your books.
The total tonnage of your ignorance and arrogance is enough to sink an ocean liner.
Positive affirmations have a place, but without thousands of hours of quality practice, no one will master anything. It takes hard work to be better than average and 10 times that amount of work to be better than that.

But you are correct that I am an amateur pool player. I do not compete at the pro level because I have not dedicated my life to nothing but pool, which is what it takes to compete at that level. Instead, I actually have a job. Lol

Not sure where you live, but this weekend there's a big 9ball tournament at the 21 Poolroom in Charleston WV. If proof is what you want, come out and watch.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#66)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-30-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
Brian's statement is a challenge.
It reads like an unrealistic promise - on an ad for a for-sale product.

How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising? Goose/gander.

I like Brian and his product, it's just this one phrase on this one ad that's questionable.

pj
chgo

Last edited by Patrick Johnson; 09-30-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Old
  (#67)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:

Are CTE's claims that it takes you to each shot line entirely objectively with a slight overcut for throw a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising?

I like Brian and his product, it's just this one phrase on this one ad that's questionable.

pj
chgo
Understandable. It's all subjective, depending on mindset, what one chooses to believe and strive for. It's not a lie, or a ploy -- it's what I believe is possible based on all the research I've done over the last 10 years when it comes to learning and developing skills.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#68)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

09-30-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:

How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising? Goose/gander.

pj
chgo
I respect your opinion! To clear the air, I don't care what Stan says. Also, there is no place in Brian's phrase where he conflates mastery and Poolology.

Please bear with me. I believe that all of us see things differently. Some see a half full glass. Others don't. Linguistically and grammatically, Brian's phrase is implicative and predictive. To parse the phrase, it would be more easily understood if it read, "If you master aiming, you will never miss." So stated, there is an obvious implicated challenge. Further, the phrase predicts an outcome.

To question the phrase, as you do, is the natural reaction of humans who think about things. It is the first step in the scientific method. It opens the debate. It creates the opportunity to either aspire or concede. It gives us choices. Brian is a man who chooses to aspire. I think you are a man who chooses to aspire.

Brian's phrase opens a whole new galaxy of thought. Only losers and defeatists will attack it. Thinkers and dreamers will debate it.

Old
  (#69)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Positive affirmations have a place, but without thousands of hours of quality practice, no one will master anything. It takes hard work to be better than average and 10 times that amount of work to be better than that.

But you are correct that I am an amateur pool player. I do not compete at the pro level because I have not dedicated my life to nothing but pool, which is what it takes to compete at that level. Instead, I actually have a job. Lol

Not sure where you live, but this weekend there's a big 9ball tournament at the 21 Poolroom in Charleston WV. If proof is what you want, come out and watch.
posts brackets if you get a chance. might know some people playing

Old
  (#70)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:

chgo
It's just the plain old truth.

Old
  (#71)
BC21
Poolology

09-30-2019, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
posts brackets if you get a chance. might know some people playing
Ok, but it's the dreaded "king of the hill" format, which is tough. Not sure if you've done one of these or not. It gives weaker players a decent chance to win their table if they draw a good spot. With 4 to 6 players per table, you play "winner stays up" until everyone has 5 loses but one player. It's a huge advantage to draw the last spot or second to last, as long as no one dominates the table. It's not my favorite format, but it's close to the house and the payouts are good.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#72)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

09-30-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
How about Stan's claim that CTE "naturally aligns CB-OB relations as an overcut to the 'ghostball' center for pocketing goals. No judgement, no adjustment"? Is that a "challenge" too - or is that misleading advertising?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
It's just the plain old truth.
Well, except for the minor detail that it's impossible (you know, over here in the real world).

pj <- come visit sometime
chgo

Old
  (#73)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day

09-30-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
...there is no place in Brian's phrase where he conflates mastery and Poolology.
It's the title of a review/ad for Poolology.

Again, I like Poolology and Brian - I don't want to see him or it misinterpreted.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#74)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

09-30-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It's the title of a review/ad for Poolology.

Again, I like Poolology and Brian - I don't want to see him or it misinterpreted.

pj
chgo
What is your point?

What happened?
Old
  (#75)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

What happened? - 09-30-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Ok, but it's the dreaded "king of the hill" format, which is tough. Not sure if you've done one of these or not. It gives weaker players a decent chance to win their table if they draw a good spot. With 4 to 6 players per table, you play "winner stays up" until everyone has 5 loses but one player. It's a huge advantage to draw the last spot or second to last, as long as no one dominates the table. It's not my favorite format, but it's close to the house and the payouts are good.
What happened to you "Mister Never Miss a Ball Again Poolology Man" in the September King of the Hill contest there at that pool room?
I don't see your name OR your book mentioned anywhere.
Oh, silly me...you probably were "too busy" to enter that one.
Name:  21 Pool Room September King of Hill.JPG
Views: 49
Size:  75.6 KB

Page 5 of 7 « First 345 67

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: