Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page Genuine CTE question from a newbie.
Page 2 of 3 12 3

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Caveat Emptor
Old
  (#16)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Caveat Emptor - 09-28-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOfNoTrades View Post
Oh, I just wanted to add that I really appreciate everyone’s help and advice. Of the few hobbies I have, so far this has been the most new-member friendly forum I’ve found.
My most sincere thank you to everyone
If you buy into that snake oil about.............."Master the Art of Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball", pal, you're in for one helluva disappointment.
NO aiming system can provide that...not ANY of them and anyone who says it will is a confounded liar, out to get your money. It is false advertising.
Some of the best players in the world are all in with CTE Aiming and they miss balls too. There is NO system that will furnish you with something so you will "never miss another ball". It's something that does not exist.
1. Investigate and find out if the person promoting the system or selling the system even uses the system themselves in competition.
2. Investigate and find out which championship players have studied and utilize the method.
3. Investigate and find out which top players the author has beaten in competition. Note I said top players, not some local yokel like me at the Moose Clubs or The Outhouse Tavern.
(and after all that, remember there is still no such thing as "Master The Art of Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball)
Caveat Emptor............."let the buyer beware".
Good wishes to you

Last edited by Low500; 09-28-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Old
  (#17)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-28-2019, 08:16 PM

Quote:
...although I found that CTE has its fans, the consensus seemed to weigh towards “forget about it and just learn fractional aiming..."
Fractional aiming is the useful parts of CTE.

pj
chgo

Old
  (#18)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low500 View Post
If you buy into that snake oil about.............."Master the Art of Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball", pal, you're in for one helluva disappointment.
NO aiming system can provide that...not ANY of them and anyone who says it will is a confounded liar, out to get your money. It is false advertising.
Some of the best players in the world are all in with CTE Aiming and they miss balls too. There is NO system that will furnish you with something so you will "never miss another ball". It's something that does not exist.
1. Investigate and find out if the person promoting the system or selling the system even uses the system themselves in competition.
2. Investigate and find out which championship players have studied and utilize the method.
3. Investigate and find out which top players the author has beaten in competition. Note I said top players, not some local yokel like me at the Moose Clubs or The Outhouse Tavern.
(and after all that, remember there is still no such thing as "Master The Art of Aiming and Never Miss Another Ball)
Caveat Emptor............."let the buyer beware".
Good wishes to you

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Old
  (#19)
born2push
AzB Silver Member
born2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond reputeborn2push has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Okay, first, I am NOT trying to start a controversial thread!

Iím (essentially) new and am fooling around with different aiming systems. So far, CTE is... well, a bit over my head. Having said that, this is likely a dumb question.

Okay, so what is the purpose of pivoting back once you Ďaimí at the OBís contact point? Why not just keep the contact point Ďlockedí in your mind before taking the stroke?

I read something somewhere about this and have tried to find the link to post it but I canít find it now dawgonnit. Suffice it to say that although I detected the Ďarticleí was in English, I couldnít make heads nor tails of it.

Oh, also, when you pivot, do you pivot your bridge hand (doesnít look like it) or your grip hand (that doesnít make sense to me either but remember Iím new) and leave it pivoted when you take the stroke?

Any takers?

Iíve got the Poolology book on the way but Iím totally destroying what little Ďgameí I had (recreationally) and building it from the ground up since I got a table at home. Therefore Iím looking at a tried and true aiming system that I can learn and Ďbuild iní. Not going pro at all, I just adore the game and want to get as good as I can.

Thanks in advance!!
Ok grasshopper let explain it since the cte experts added to the confusion. Hahaha. First of all your referencing a contact point is not correct. It is an aim line or a perception. Once You are locked into ab or c or edge point you either do a left or right pivot (depending on the angle) wich brings you to the contact point.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Old
  (#20)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Fractional aiming is the useful parts of CTE.

pj
chgo
Please explain cause to my knowledge CTE has nothing to do with fractional aiming

Old
  (#21)
Patrick Johnson
Fish of the Day
Patrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

09-29-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Please explain cause to my knowledge CTE has nothing to do with fractional aiming
Anybody with a passing familiarity with CTE's "instructions" (and an open mind) recognizes its roots in fractional aiming. What was added to make it CTE is the silly stuff that people don't get (or need).

pj <- you asked
chgo

Old
  (#22)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Silver Member
JackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 09-29-2019, 02:32 PM

Well, I sure do love the game of pool, thatís a fact. Donít yíall? I bet ya do!

And Led Zeppelin is awesome.

Last edited by JackOfNoTrades; 09-29-2019 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Steering

Pro one
Old
  (#23)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Pro one - 09-29-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Oh, I just wanted to add that I really appreciate everyoneís help and advice. Of the few hobbies I have, so far this has been the most new-member friendly forum Iíve found.
My most sincere thank you to everyone
I hope you find what you're looking for.
As a matter of information for you, the following is important.........
With Stan Shuffettís Pro One, there is no need for a manual pivot.
Once a player learns how to use his/her eyes in the proper way, Pro One comes into its own.
Nope....I will not say anything else about it.
Those who will exert effort, with open minds, can learn about that when Stan's TRUTH SERIES hits the web.
Those who continue to ridicule, embrace ignorance as a way of life, and behave like donkeys will have chosen to remain in the dark.
Good wishes to you.

Old
  (#24)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:

Grateful Dead.

Old
  (#25)
JackOfNoTrades
AzB Silver Member
JackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond reputeJackOfNoTrades has a reputation beyond repute

Cool 09-29-2019, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
Grateful Dead.
Did you read about Jerry Garcia’s connection to the CIA? Truth is stranger than fiction ain’t it? There are FBI documents about it dating back to 1968.

Last edited by JackOfNoTrades; 09-29-2019 at 03:58 PM.

Old
  (#26)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

09-29-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Did you read about Jerry Garciaís connection to the CIA? Truth is stranger than fiction ainít it? There are FBI documents about it dating back to 1968.

Wow! MKULTRA and the whole acid boogie man thing. A time of crazy questions and even crazier answers. I'm glad I lived to see 73.

Old
  (#27)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Anybody with a passing familiarity with CTE's "instructions" (and an open mind) recognizes its roots in fractional aiming. What was added to make it CTE is the silly stuff that people don't get (or need).

pj <- you asked
chgo
We realize that you haven't gotten CTE for over 20 years. Yet you still stick around posting your little wrong beliefs.

Old
  (#28)
lfigueroa
AzB Silver Member
lfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond reputelfigueroa has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Did you read about Jerry Garcia’s connection to the CIA? Truth is stranger than fiction ain’t it? There are FBI documents about it dating back to 1968.

I thought it was Rob Hunter, the guy who just died and had written many of the Dead's lyrics, who accidentally got involved with the CIA LSD experiments.

Lou Figueroa

Old
  (#29)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

09-29-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
I thought it was Rob Hunter, the guy who just died and had written many of the Dead's lyrics, who accidentally got involved with the CIA LSD experiments.

Lou Figueroa
You are right about Rob Hunter. I don't think anybody really knows for sure that Garcia, et al. were CIA "assets." One thing about it, though, a bunch of veteran stoners really do love a good conspiracy theory.

Old
  (#30)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

09-29-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:

I love the game. 36 years now and my passion for it has never faded!

And Led Zeppelin is the greatest!

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Page 2 of 3 12 3

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: