Old
  (#31)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-27-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar View Post
"Let's wait on that book so others will get the full scoop from Stan himself."

What book?
You haven't heard? There is a CTE book coming out soon, plus a free "Truth Series" set of YouTube videos. It's pretty exciting stuff, according to Low500, and is projected to be the most important contribution ever to the pool and billiard world.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Old
  (#32)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

10-27-2019, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC21 View Post
You haven't heard? There is a CTE book coming out soon, plus a free "Truth Series" set of YouTube videos. It's pretty exciting stuff, according to Low500, and is projected to be the most important contribution ever to the pool and billiard world.
OOHHHHHH!?!?!? I see! The "truth," huh? That whole "truth" thing is mighty powerful medicine. Hmmm, heep big medicine!

Say, if that CTE stuff is such powerful medicine, will it work on snoooookah?

Old
  (#33)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 01:47 AM

Quote:
OOHHHHHH!?!?!? I see! The "truth," huh? That whole "truth" thing is mighty powerful medicine. Hmmm, heep big medicine!

Look up Phil Buford and ask him.

Old
  (#34)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member
cookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond reputecookie man has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 01:50 AM

Quote:
First off, I was not referring to CTE perceptions. I was talking about the basic function of how the brain processes vision, how it uses data from the eyes to build a perception of what we are looking at, whether it's a sunset reflecting over an ocean wave or a cb-ob relationship on a pool table.

Ok, on to steering... Steering causes poor results, so the player will realize something is wrong. Body english doesn't work. Steering doesn't work.

I didn't mention CTE either lmao. But you seem to work it in every chance you get, obsess over it much.
I've seen people steer and use body english there whole life, can i send them to you for help.

Old
  (#35)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-28-2019, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie man View Post
Can you personally run a rack of balls with CTE?
Quote:
Can I run a rack using CTE?? Absolutely not.

Let's wait on that book so others will get the full scoop from Stan himself. Hopefully more players can benefit from the latest Pro1, compared to the manual CTE method from so many years ago.
Take your own advice and don't mention CTE till the book comes out. You obviously have very limited understanding of it and are confusing the 2 or 3 people that read your posts.

Old
  (#36)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 05:12 AM

Quote:
I didn't mention CTE either lmao. But you seem to work it in every chance you get, obsess over it much.
I've seen people steer and use body english there whole life, can i send them to you for help.
Once again, this thread has ZERO to do with cte, but as soon as you or low500 show up in any thread, CTE soon becomes the topic.

The op linked to a snooker fractional aiming video. Then BrooklandBill mentioned "useless aiming theories", and you, being a great defender of CTE, just had to jump in with, "Good thing my system isn't one of those you speak of. Pro-one Aiming is the best !!!!".

You assumed "useless aiming theories" was a poke at CTE, so you brought the old flame war into the thread with a quick adamant defense. Funny thing...no defenders of Split the Difference or 90/90 or ghostball (or any other aiming system) showed up to defend their method against the "useless" comment. They must be more confident in their system because they didn't assume we were talking about their system, or they just don't get the urge to defend it anytime a comment is made that might remotely be insinuating something about their system. The reality is that one person could find something useless while another doesn't. It's no skin off my back if you think every aiming method besides cte is useless, so it shouldn't get you so upset if someone considers cte useless. I don't think it's useless for those who use it. It's useless for me though because I don't use it. It's that simple, no big deal, nothing to get all worked up about.

Anyhow, the subject drifted into the importance of stroke mechanics, and still you remain stuck in CTE defense mode. Move along. No obsessing here, just normal conversation about aiming.

Oh, and about those life-long body english players... If they play well they are not steering their cue -- the stroke moves straight into the cb. What they do with their cue or body after the tip contacts the cb is irrelevant. It looks weird, and they might think it helps, but it makes no difference. I know a player that does some rediculous body english on about every shot, and he is one hell of a good player because his stroke is solid.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 10-28-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Old
  (#37)
BC21
Poolology

10-28-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:

I would have to say yes, since it works on a "two by one playing surface" when aiming "spheres", according Stan Shuffett.

A snooker table is a 2x1 surface. There are eight 90 angles, which is apartently how CTE works, by connecting to these 90 angles. I've been told that I can't explain how it really works, but of course this is from people that can't explain it themselves. So I don't bother with it anymore.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 10-28-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Old
  (#38)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-28-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Once again, this thread has ZERO to do with cte, but as soon as you or low500 show up in any thread, CTE soon becomes the topic.

Yet 7 of your posts are about CTE lol. A system you know little about and even admit you can't run a rack of balls with. If i sidetracked it you made dam sure it stayed sidetracked

Old
  (#39)
cookie man
AzB Silver Member

10-28-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:

Oh, and about those life-long body english players... If they play well they are not steering their cue -- the stroke moves straight into the cb. What they do with their cue or body after the tip contacts the cb is irrelevant. It looks weird, and they might think it helps, but it makes no difference. I know a player that does some rediculous body english on about every shot, and he is one hell of a good player because his stroke is solid.
I would disagree. There eyes are telling them somethings not right so they steer and try to correct with body english. Sure you can still play ok like that, but it should not be the preferred way to play.

Old
  (#40)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member
Boxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond reputeBoxcar has a reputation beyond repute

10-28-2019, 08:48 AM

Quote:
I would have to say yes, since it works on a "two by one playing surface" when aiming "spheres", according Stan Shuffett.

A snooker table is a 2x1 surface. There are eight 90 angles, which is apartently how CTE works, by connecting to these 90 angles. I've been told that I can't explain how it really works, but of course this is from people that can't explain it themselves. So I don't bother with it anymore.
But, but, but, the snooker bridge hand is soooo far away from the cue ball, should I pivot a whole tip...or a half a tip...or 13/32 of a tip, and, and, and if I accidentally pivot too much, will I whiff the cue ball. Jeez, this is some treacherous stuff.

Say, I wonder how many world class snoooookah players use SeeTEE-eee?

Old
  (#41)
BC21
Poolology

10-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Yet 7 of your posts are about CTE lol. A system you know little about and even admit you can't run a rack of balls with. If i sidetracked it you made dam sure it stayed sidetracked
Ah....I see how you think now. You believe if anyone mentions cte or pro1 in a post, that post is ABOUT cte, regardless of the subject matter.

Only a couple of my posts in this thread are about CTE, and those were due to your baiting, like this one. All of my other posts in this thread are actually about alignment and stroke, about the ability of knowing or feeling that you have your cue lined up accurately according to what you are seeing, which is surely a requirement for aiming, especially the fractional aiming shown in the snooker video posted by the op. Alignment and stroke applies to EVERY aiming method, including cte/pro1. And no, that statement isn't ABOUT cte or pro1. It's about the fact that a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be, regardless of what method or system they use to find that line of reference.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 10-28-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Old
  (#42)
Boxcar
AzB Silver Member

10-28-2019, 09:24 AM

"a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be,"

And, if I might add, "exactly" where the tip strikes the cue ball and with exactly how much force.

Old
  (#43)
BC21
Poolology

10-28-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I would disagree. There eyes are telling them somethings not right so they steer and try to correct with body english. Sure you can still play ok like that, but it should not be the preferred way to play.
I agree with you, it's not preferred. For those who don't play often, I'm sure they try to make things happen in the final stroke when they consciously realize they are off. They try to steer the cb to fix their alignment fault, and they never get better. But for any player that plays jam up, like the guy I referred to earlier, they are not steering their shots. They might have a silly habit of swinging their cue or body after each shot, but they are dead on line when it counts, when the cue tip strikes the cb. They aren't consciously trying to fix anything in that final stroke.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 10-28-2019 at 09:30 AM.

Old
  (#44)
BC21
Poolology

10-28-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
"a player must be able to know exactly where their cue is lined if they expect to send the cb to where it needs to be,"

And, if I might add, "exactly" where the tip strikes the cue ball and with exactly how much force.
Excellent add on.

POOLOLOGY
YouTube
Brian Crist

Pavlov says: "jump boy, jump"
Old
  (#45)
Low500
Banned
Low500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond reputeLow500 has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up Pavlov says: "jump boy, jump" - 10-28-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Cookieman:
You must remember, uninformed totally insecure pups from the 'fractional aiming posse' are internally wired to constantly respond to truth with their own version of "truth".
Especially if one of the pups in question is a know-it-all expert about any subject someone can come up with...science, being an author, publishing books, selling books, collecting books, music, home interior design, auto repair, pool shooting, golfing, raising children, the workings of the human mind,.... oh joy!....what a guy.
The pups here do NOT know how to get to the shotline consistently, over and over and over although they THINK they do. Their lives are fraught with peril, like Pavlov's doggies.
These human Pavlov pups salivate at the very sight of things having to do with CTE. They cannot control themselves. It is the perversity of OCD personified.
Let 'em eat cake.

Page 3 of 10 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: