Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page 5/16-14 Atlas brass insert install?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-08-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip9ball View Post
Where did you get your larger tap?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

In the 90's, I had Widell make all my specialty taps and dies. I paid big bucks for them. I was working Tournament's every weekend from here to Canada. It was essential having as much tooling as I could on the road.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Old
  (#17)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member
pip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-08-2019, 02:40 PM

Thanks Mike. I'll first try and bore the insert a little bigger and Chase with a tap

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Old
  (#18)
seanjonsean
Otanisan Cues
seanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond reputeseanjonsean has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via Yahoo to seanjonsean  
11-09-2019, 06:55 AM

howdy , hey call Prather for those blank inserts...

Old
  (#19)
pip9ball
AzB Silver Member
pip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond reputepip9ball has a reputation beyond repute

11-11-2019, 11:26 AM

*Update*

I was able to get a tight fit by opening up the insert a few thousandths with a boring bar and chasing the threads with a tap.

Note, I also had to trim the diameter of the insert pilot down to 9.02mm as this is the size of the counter bore on the mezz united butts.

Thanks to all for the help!

-Phil

Old
  (#20)
Michael Webb
AzB Silver Member
Michael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Webb has a reputation beyond repute

11-14-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip9ball View Post
*Update*

I was able to get a tight fit by opening up the insert a few thousandths with a boring bar and chasing the threads with a tap.

Note, I also had to trim the diameter of the insert pilot down to 9.02mm as this is the size of the counter bore on the mezz united butts.

Thanks to all for the help!

-Phil

Hi Phil
Nice. Thank you for the follow up.

Best Wishes
Michael Webb

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: