AzBilliards.com  
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
OTLEVICE is the best device IMHO
Old
  (#16)
A-1 billiards
FELT WRIGHT
A-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond reputeA-1 billiards has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

OTLEVICE is the best device IMHO - 11-19-2019, 02:28 PM

Trent,

Sorry to hear your having difficulty contacting John to purchase an OTLEVICE. His OTLEVISE is the best, most efficient and safest way to move slate and billiard equipment. I've tried many different carts, dollies, hand trucks, straps, stair climbers and sliders over the years. None can compare with the OTLEVICE for versatility. The OTLEVISE is a cart by simply clamping on an additional axle. It's the only hand truck that you don't have to lift the slate. It has the smallest footprint when not in use, I store mine in a ten gallon plastic tub. When you add the lift rod it's a stair climber!

As far as working with a helper, that's great! but you don't have to. I've moved 10 ft inch and a half billiard slates buy myself. The video is still on Youtube somewhere. The point is, you can if you needed to. These other carts and clamps require two people, especially if you are going up stairs.

I don't think it was professional of you to come onto a public forum to complain about another mechanic and supplier not getting back to you over a weekend, particularly when he has a posting on his web site about being closed down until January 2020. John has remained very responsive to all his existing customers. The OTLEVICE is one of the most valuable tools any professional mechanic can own. I know its extended my career by years. How many times has it happened to you that you need a tool or a part and it's not available at the time you need it.

John Palmer is a really smart guy that invested tremendous time and resources into the OTLEVICE. Patents, american manufacturing, constant addition of new and beneficial tools don't come cheap!

So Trent, do yourself a favor, be a little patient, stop jumping to incorrect conclusions, and take the time you'll spend researching an alternative solutions to find out what's going on. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Jay Spielberg

Old
  (#17)
PoolTable911
AdvancedBilliardSolutions
PoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond reputePoolTable911 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5300
  Send a message via AIM to PoolTable911  
11-19-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-1 billiards View Post
Trent,

Sorry to hear your having difficulty contacting John to purchase an OTLEVICE. His OTLEVISE is the best, most efficient and safest way to move slate and billiard equipment. I've tried many different carts, dollies, hand trucks, straps, stair climbers and sliders over the years. None can compare with the OTLEVICE for versatility. The OTLEVISE is a cart by simply clamping on an additional axle. It's the only hand truck that you don't have to lift the slate. It has the smallest footprint when not in use, I store mine in a ten gallon plastic tub. When you add the lift rod it's a stair climber!

As far as working with a helper, that's great! but you don't have to. I've moved 10 ft inch and a half billiard slates buy myself. The video is still on Youtube somewhere. The point is, you can if you needed to. These other carts and clamps require two people, especially if you are going up stairs.

I don't think it was professional of you to come onto a public forum to complain about another mechanic and supplier not getting back to you over a weekend, particularly when he has a posting on his web site about being closed down until January 2020. John has remained very responsive to all his existing customers. The OTLEVICE is one of the most valuable tools any professional mechanic can own. I know its extended my career by years. How many times has it happened to you that you need a tool or a part and it's not available at the time you need it.

John Palmer is a really smart guy that invested tremendous time and resources into the OTLEVICE. Patents, american manufacturing, constant addition of new and beneficial tools don't come cheap!

So Trent, do yourself a favor, be a little patient, stop jumping to incorrect conclusions, and take the time you'll spend researching an alternative solutions to find out what's going on. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Jay Spielberg
Nice to see you here Jay. You have forgotten more about being a Table Mechanic than most claim to know.

Patrick O'Donnell
609-709-2842 (Direct)
www.PoolTable911.com

"setnoc, you will be missed my friend"

Old
  (#18)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-19-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-1 billiards View Post
Trent,

Jay Spielberg

You mis-spelled it in CAPS every other time you used the name: It is OTLVISE I have been trying to get in touch with him for almost a YEAR.... I respect you and I have seen your OTLVISE in action. but, I am going my own route and will post my findings. I am not trying to re-invent the wheel, just want to make it easier to get slates up and down stairs and at the most cost effective route.

I have done my research and I am confident I will be happy with my purchase.

Omni Cubed is a very well known and respected name in the slab moving business.

I have done tables on my own and I do not enjoy it. As for the no helper thing: Just not doing it. I prefer to have help from start to finish. Moving the tools & table in and of course the tools back out again is no fun on my own. My helper is awesome and I enjoy working with him.

Trent from Toledo

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: