Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions
Page 2 of 12 12 34 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
jeephawk
AzB Gold Member
jeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond reputejeephawk has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-21-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Hmmmm....wonder how much the speed of the table and banks is effected.....when they're not playing on Simonis....because they're not!!!
I like seeing them playing on the Brunswicks, maybe it's the table, maybe it's just that it isn't bright blue, lol.

As to the cloth, and I don't know about anyone else's experience, but I had my old Anniversary moved, re-leveled and new cloth earlier this year.

Had Simonis 860 HR put on it (unfortunately the Simonis green isn't all that green, but no big deal). The difference in how fast the table plays is striking compared to the felt-like cloth I had before. I was surprised how much different it is (and I like the difference, btw).

And thanks again to one of the folks kind enough to help with the cloth recommendation who may be posting in this thread. ;-)

Old
  (#17)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Those are definitely Brunswicks. Yalin makes a knock offs of the 6's, they look identical. I think they are actually the company that makes all the castings and metal trims for Brunswick. Can anyone confirm this??

Trent from Toledo
No knock-off. Yalin makes them. What percentage i don't know but Brunswick told me this directly a couple years ago. Brunswick in Bristol is basically just an assembler. Make very little(any??) of the table. Its been that way since late 70's.

Old
  (#18)
poolhustler
AzB Silver Member
poolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond reputepoolhustler has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 3500

11-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Only problem I see is that they are using the wrong balls... need those hot new Blak balls!!!

"Then again...you may be the Antichrist"

Old
  (#19)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Hmmmm....wonder how much the speed of the table and banks is effected.....when they're not playing on Simonis....because they're not!!!
Yep, that cloth makes the balls a bit lazy.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#20)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
No knock-off. Yalin makes them. What percentage i don't know but Brunswick told me this directly a couple years ago. Brunswick in Bristol is basically just an assembler. Make very little(any??) of the table. Its been that way since late 70's.
I bet they end up Buying Brunswick if it comes up for sale. It would only make sense, IF, they have the loot of course!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#21)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I bet they end up Buying Brunswick if it comes up for sale. It would only make sense, IF, they have the loot of course!

Trent from Toledo
They are a BIG company. They make over 20,000 tables a year. I'm not sure when they hooked-up with B'wick but iirc it was around when the GC5 came out.

Old
  (#22)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:40 AM

Quote:
They are a BIG company. They make over 20,000 tables a year. I'm not sure when they hooked-up with B'wick but iirc it was around when the GC5 came out.
Well it explains why they are allowed to use Brunswicks design! Thanks for the info!

Trent

Old
  (#23)
garczar
AzB Silver Member

11-21-2019, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Well it explains why they are allowed to use Brunswicks design! Thanks for the info!

Trent
They make them under license for Brunswick. I did a search and the GC 2's were last US-built model. After that they farmed-out to Mexico, Brazil. After that they went to Yalin. You see a lot of 5's and 6's. How do you like them? I think they look awesome.

Last edited by garczar; 11-21-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Old
  (#24)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-21-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
They make them under license for Brunswick. I did a search and the GC 4's were last US-built model and even some of that was farmed-out to Mexico, Brazil. After that they went to Yalin. You see a lot of 5's and 6's. How do you like them? I think they look awesome.
I do not see a lot of them, but, I was lucky enough to buy & resell a GC5 this year. I also sold 2 GC6's on the same trip up to Maine. One was a floor model, so basically new and the other brand new in the box.

I don't care what anyone else's opinion is, this is mine: I think they are the best pool tables I have ever worked on. I like the 5 frame better, but, both of them look awesome and went together very nice. All 3 customers are happy and it was a pleasure to work on them and PLAY on them. They do require time and patience to get all the castings to line up nice and tight, but, for how much they cost and how awesome they are I took at ton of extra time during the install. I love all of the GCs, but, the newer ones really are the best tables in the world in my opinion. Not trying to argue with ANYONE about this!! It is my opinion and do not want to argue about it. I also work on & sell Diamonds, this thread is not about them and is completely about the GC5 and 6!!!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. If anyone is looking for a GC6, I can get them brand new in the box and my pricing is very competitive. I will deliver and install

Old
  (#25)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

11-21-2019, 09:04 AM

Like the look of GC6 but hate that black color and plane looking rail.
GC3 black looked so much more elegant.
I love the sound of balls pinging when they slammed in the corner pockets.
This cloth appears slow though.
Ignacio put on a clinic how to play on this table hours ago.

Old
  (#26)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I do not see a lot of them, but, I was lucky enough to buy & resell a GC5 this year. I also sold 2 GC6's on the same trip up to Maine. One was a floor model, so basically new and the other brand new in the box.

I don't care what anyone else's opinion is, this is mine: I think they are the best pool tables I have ever worked on. I like the 5 frame better, but, both of them look awesome and went together very nice. All 3 customers are happy and it was a pleasure to work on them and PLAY on them. They do require time and patience to get all the castings to line up nice and tight, but, for how much they cost and how awesome they are I took at ton of extra time during the install. I love all of the GCs, but, the newer ones really are the best tables in the world in my opinion. Not trying to argue with ANYONE about this!! It is my opinion and do not want to argue about it. I also work on & sell Diamonds, this thread is not about them and is completely about the GC5 and 6!!!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. If anyone is looking for a GC6, I can get them brand new in the box and my pricing is very competitive. I will deliver and install
You arenít the only one with an opinion, buddy.
Brunswick lost me from the GC III debacle

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#27)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-21-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
You arenít the only one with an opinion, buddy.
Brunswick lost me from the GC III debacle
A. I am not your "buddy"
B. I was stating my opinion.
C. No need to address me at all when stating your opinion.

Old
  (#28)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
Yeah, cool story, bruh..... And one also can't manipulate banks to the same extent as they can on a Diamond.

And folks don't get punished as extremely for coming up thin on balls.

Yawn.
I love playing on GC's but, they are easier than a $2 street Walker

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#29)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-21-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Trent from Toledo

If it's about the GC 5 and 6s, and though it's your opinion. My opinion is leave the sales pitch out, or put it in the for sale section....just saying, don't be talking out both sides of your neck🤣😂🤣🤣

Old
  (#30)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-21-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
If it's about the GC 5 and 6s, and though it's your opinion. My opinion is leave the sales pitch out, or put it in the for sale section....just saying, don't be talking out both sides of your neck🤣😂🤣🤣
Welcome to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Freedom of Speech is a great thing. I heard what your opinion is, I am choosing to IGNORE IT!

Stop trying to limit my speech or my ability to make $$$.

Don't you have TV to watch you retired ol snake!!??

Trent from Toledo

Page 2 of 12 12 34 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: