Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions
Page 3 of 12 123 45 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

11-21-2019, 10:54 AM

I was at the All Japan last year. Very nice tourney on all levels. Players dressed nicely. Tables rolled horribly, I just watched of course but wow the balls were rolling all over the place. Honestly I donít recall what tables were used. 5ís maybe.

I hope the 6ís are better than the 5ís. The GC5ís look nice theyíre where it ends. Iíll spare everyone the story. Glen/RKC knows the story he was part of it-in a good way, Thx man!

Actually later Iíll make a new thread about that particular GC5, was a great story and bit of Mosconi Cup history. I was lucky enough to be a spectator for. The table was fine for that purpose. They just never stayed level-ever.

Best
Fatboy

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#32)
fastone371
AzB Silver Member
fastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond reputefastone371 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-21-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBusRuss View Post
And trentfromtoledo being petty as per usual, giving red rep for a difference of opinion, lol.

You are such a little, little man, sir.
My guess is the red rep was for the use of that 4 letter combination "bruh" I believe it was??? What is a "bruh", sounds like it my be some sort of female sanitary item???

Old
  (#33)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-21-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Welcome to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Freedom of Speech is a great thing. I heard what your opinion is, I am choosing to IGNORE IT!

Stop trying to limit my speech or my ability to make $$$.

Don't you have TV to watch you retired ol snake!!??

Trent from Toledo
Psssst....hey buddy, yeah you....standing over there in the bushes. I couldn't help but notice you have a pool case strapped to your back, you must be a player.....you look a little distracted.....oh I see, you're getting a BJ.....guess that explains why you're standing in the bushes....in my opinion buddy, they're not worth it, last time I got one was before I got married, but that's ok, I love my job.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice you with that cue case strapped on you back....that explains you're playing a little one hole before going into the pool room, I just figured you must be a player, so......is this a bad time to talk to you about buying your own table for at home, I have some really good prices, and can deliver anywhere.

Oh...what's that you said....you don't have a home....because you don't have no girlfriend or wife....oh, ok, I see now......say what....I'm distracting you? I'll have you know I have the right to freedom of speech buddy. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

Old
  (#34)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-21-2019, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Psssst....hey buddy, yeah you....standing over there in the bushes. I couldn't help but notice you have a pool case strapped to your back, you must be a player.....you look a little distracted.....oh I see, you're getting a BJ.....guess that explains why you're standing in the bushes....in my opinion buddy, they're not worth it, last time I got one was before I got married, but that's ok, I love my job.

Anyway, I couldn't help but notice you with that cue case strapped on you back....that explains you're playing a little one hole before going into the pool room, I just figured you must be a player, so......is this a bad time to talk to you about buying your own table for at home, I have some really good prices, and can deliver anywhere.

Oh...what's that you said....you don't have a home....because you don't have no girlfriend or wife....oh, ok, I see now......say what....I'm distracting you? I'll have you know I have the right to freedom of speech buddy. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
Not sure where any of this applies to me being that I am married and have a 16 month old Lil Baby Girl at home. I also can ignore your speech!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#35)
Mike81
AzB Silver Member
Mike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 12:30 PM

I have to ask you guys when these turn into who likes what...and what’s better than...and why thread.., I think the average joe is not going to pay 10k + for a new gc. No one ever seems to bring this up which is a huge factor for the average player. I love the look of the gc5 !! My favorite! But damn they are priced out of their minds. Especially after reading the thread a couple months ago about a gentleman who paid 10k and his table wasn’t set up correctly.... wtf.? This is why diamond is king now!

Old
  (#36)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
I have to ask you guys when these turn into who likes what...and whatís better than...and why thread.., I think the average joe is not going to pay 10k + for a new gc. No one ever seems to bring this up which is a huge factor for the average player. I love the look of the gc5 !! My favorite! But damn they are priced out of their minds. Especially after reading the thread a couple months ago about a gentleman who paid 10k and his table wasnít set up correctly.... wtf.? This is why diamond is king now!
The table is built very well and that costs money, just like cars or houses. The table will last a lifetime. Not many things you can use your whole life.

Just because a dealer messed up a guys install does not mean the table is not an excellent purchase.

I sell both brands and both can be messed up by a crappy install.

Diamond is one of the players in the mame and clearly the leader in the US market. Brunswick dropped out of the commercial market. Diamonds tables are about 40% less in price. The OP's thread is about a tournament in Japan on GC6's. Matchroom mainly uses Rasson. I am also set up to sell Rasson tables as well and I feel they will be a major player once they get their tables right. Test driving the Victory 2+ and OX table in January. Lots of things are changing in pool!

Trent from Toledo

P.s. MSRP='s NEGOTIABLE. Like I said, I can be very competitive on brand new GC6's. Diamonds are factory priced and that is what I sell them for, no negotiation.

Old
  (#37)
Mike81
AzB Silver Member
Mike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond reputeMike81 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 01:01 PM

Trent, I agree with your entire statement ! It’s just the price is scary. I’m sure they are built as well if not better than a diamond but from my understanding it’s close to 4K difference in price. One day when I get close to that number I’ll call you and we can deal hopefully

Old
  (#38)
Mike81
AzB Silver Member

11-21-2019, 01:07 PM

As far as that botched install on that gentleman’s gc, there is no excuse for that. To pay that much $ and have have a bad install is complete bullsh*t and reflects badly on Brunswick. Perhaps I’m not as forgiving as some.

Old
  (#39)
logical
sarcasm while you wait
logical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond reputelogical has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-21-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
As far as that botched install on that gentlemanís gc, there is no excuse for that. To pay that much $ and have have a bad install is complete bullsh*t and reflects badly on Brunswick. Perhaps Iím not as forgiving as some.
Nobody has ever had an issue with any other brand table ?

Don't want a Gold Crown?...fine, buy something else, lots of options out there. But seriously, do we really have to act like Brunswick makes nothing but garbage because some guy on the internet says he had a big problem?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by logical; 11-21-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Old
  (#40)
Mike81
AzB Silver Member

11-21-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Nobody has ever had an issue with any other brand table ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Iím sure but thatís not the point. The guy had a hard time getting things right if I recall correctly

Old
  (#41)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Not sure where any of this applies to me being that I am married and have a 16 month old Lil Baby Girl at home. I also can ignore your speech!

Trent from Toledo
I was just checking if my fishing hook was bare, or still had bait on it.....never mind, I see my pole bending🤣😂🤣😂

Old
  (#42)
JoeyInCali
AzB Silver Member

JoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyInCali has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4400

11-21-2019, 02:16 PM

https://youtu.be/IKhOSINxg4A?t=2996
That glorious old school sound of the corner pocket!

Btw, that cloth is hideous.
And it plays slow.
Would be a nightmare to play on after it gets broken in.

There have been so many break and runs.
So many blowout matches.
Ignacio was one game from goose-egging Yoshiaki.

Old
  (#43)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
My guess is the red rep was for the use of that 4 letter combination "bruh" I believe it was??? What is a "bruh", sounds like it my be some sort of female sanitary item???
Toxic Bruh Syndrome

Old
  (#44)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastone371 View Post
Bruh is the phonetic sound of the first syllable of Ďbrotherí..synonym of Ďbroí

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#45)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-21-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post
We don't get to see much pro pool on new GC's anymore. Going on right now is the All Japan Championship. Its being played on brand new GC6's. Take a look at the stream matches on youtube below. Look at the speed the balls bounce off of the cushions. Its noticeably slower than the Diamond cushion that is now dominating the pro scene. Look at the angles the balls take off the cushions. Nothing even remote to "short".

This is how a cushion is supposed to play, IMO of course

I watched about 45 min of the first match, but didn't see any of the other ones. The ball reactions off of the rails is simply beautiful. Thanks for listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-pGF2EEAiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xBj55d-LU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKhOSINxg4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MonlFd4aAxo
Geeee, I wonder how much of a difference that cloth would make in how a Diamond plays.

Page 3 of 12 123 45 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: