Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Pro pool on glorious Gold Crown 6 Cushions
Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#61)
pt109
WO double hemlock

pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

11-21-2019, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentfromtoledo View Post
Hip is a slang for fashionably current and in the know. To be hip is to have "an attitude, a stance" in opposition to the "unfree world", or to what is square or prude. Being hip is also about being informed about the latest ideas, styles, and developments. Hip, like cool, does not refer to one specific quality.
You didnít go deep enough into the etymology of Ďhipí

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#62)
couldnthinkof01
AzB Silver Member
couldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond reputecouldnthinkof01 has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrctherake View Post
One just never knows where a thread will head, regardless of the of the intended direction.

PT, I said it before, I had a very hard time adjusting to the online chitchat. Hell, I'm still adjusting. It's a huge learning curve for some.

AZB is like a box of chocolates. You just never know what your gonna get.

One could join and then be asked about the level of play or whatnot with the ghost. They proceed to answer the question and about that time he is bombarded with:

Why you got to always talk about your level of play?

And then that new comer will hear:

People that actually play at higher levels don't talk about it.

Lol...PT, I didn't think I was gonna survive this place for a bit there. And that's funny because when I was a good bit younger I survived a LOT of very, very dangerous situations. Some of those situations was military related and some of them came about while hanging around in some of the world's roughest neighborhood rooms.

Decades of ^^^^^^^^^ and then retire......and then have problems adjusting to a DAMN KEYBOARD...lol.

Go figure,

Jeff
Military, bad neighborhoods, pool rooms, forums.
All full of the same things.

Debate, politics, crazy people,the man, bustin balls, gamblin,braggin about
whatcha got, talkin about what he aint got, and they
are all mostly male.

Looks to me like your doin just fine.

Old
  (#63)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt109 View Post
You do just fine on here, Jeff.....you communicate well...and itís like playing pool....
...we also get better at it
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ = vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

An average player has a better chance of being good, or even one day being great but, only after he is taken in by someone that knows what's up.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#64)
jrctherake
AzB Silver Member
jrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond reputejrctherake has a reputation beyond repute

11-21-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthinkof01 View Post
Military, bad neighborhoods, pool rooms, forums.
All full of the same things.

Debate, politics, crazy people,the man, bustin balls, gamblin,braggin about
whatcha got, talkin about what he aint got, and they
are all mostly male.

Looks to me like your doin just fine.
Yeah, I guess they do kinda go hand in hand.

Jeff

I knew a fellow that thought he was a good boxer because he was in a position to befriend a lot of "professional boxers". It cost him azzwhippens till he realized he wasn't what he thought/wished he was.

Do you know anyone like the "wannabe" boxer in the pool world?

Old
  (#65)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike81 View Post
. One day when I get close to that number Iíll call you and we can deal hopefully
If you wanna discuss it further get in touch. I cannot advertise my pricing, but, like I said my prices are very competitive. Thanks

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#66)
Fatboy
AzB Silver Member
Fatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond reputeFatboy has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2400

11-22-2019, 12:47 PM

The beat to death last decade topic of Diamond or Bwick tables is a topic I thought Iíd never mention again-10 years ago. Yet here we go again....

I like Diamond as a company and I can call the owner or guy who designed their tables anytime I want and talk to them. Thatís pretty solid and great biz. Diamond is a better company from that perspective for me anyways. And they are assembled in America which is cool, parts sourced from all over the world like anything. They have their share of internal drama over the years like any business. Of course thatís private and ends here. They are a solid company and will continue to be-thatís very certain. They solve their problems and move forward.

I like GCís better tho. I donít like Bwick the company so much. Itís a huge public company with a billiards division. I had a contact there and used to buy direct from Bwick (they were breaking their own rules) but that is long in the past and I can mention it now. I never exploited that opportunity like I could have-meaning buying more and selling more product. I had better ways to make $ and it was too small. Kinda got side tracked here.

Anyways my point is I like Diamond as a company better and I like GCís as a table to play on better. Assuming they are both properly installed.

Diamond has a better quality product overall. But for my taste I like playing on GCís more given the choice between tables.

One last note anyone spending $10K on a new GC has lost their mind. But thatís another topic.

I think I drank too much coffee Iím scattered today j/k

Fatboy

OG member of the Lock Society members or OG-LS;

Just call me Fat-Lock

im getting old and sloppy....

Old
  (#67)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

trentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond reputetrentfromtoledo has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post

One last note anyone spending $10K on a new GC has lost their mind. But thatís another topic.

I think I drank too much coffee Iím scattered today j/k

Fatboy

Diamond Pro, Pro Am or Brunswick GC6 are not very far off in price. Not many things in life you can keep and use your ENTIRE life. That to me means it is worth the price.

I cannot even have one cup of coffee and if I do I would be BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#68)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5785

11-22-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Diamond Pro, Pro Am or Brunswick GC6 are not very far off in price. Not many things in life you can keep and use your ENTIRE life. That to me means it is worth the price.

I cannot even have one cup of coffee and if I do I would be BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Trent from Toledo
Not even close in resale value if one ever needs to sell after buying new.

Old
  (#69)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member
realkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond reputerealkingcobra has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Trent from Toledo
Not to mention, the cheapest of those mentioned to manufacturer, is also the most expensive to buy new.

Old
  (#70)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-22-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by realkingcobra View Post
Not to mention, the cheapest of those mentioned to manufacturer, is also the most expensive to buy new.
Unfortunately least cost combination economics are a reality.

MSRP does not mean there is no wiggle room= just can't advertise it.

Factory Direct = No less than the factory.

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#71)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately least cost combination economics are a reality.

MSRP does not mean there is no wiggle room= just can't advertise it.

Factory Direct = No less than the factory.

Trent from Toledo
There's a big difference between the perception of value, and real value, and resale brings about the realities of the truth. There are lots of GC's in storage, wishing they could be sold, while most looking, wish they could find a Diamond used at a cheaper price.

Old
  (#72)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-22-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
There's a big difference between the perception of value, and real value, and resale brings about the realities of the truth. There are lots of GC's in storage, wishing they could be sold, while most looking, wish they could find a Diamond used at a cheaper price.
Just think how much more affordable diamonds could be if they were manufactured by YALIN and assembled here. They could easily make those tables

Trent from Toledo

Old
  (#73)
bstroud
AzB Silver Member
bstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond reputebstroud has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Cloth plays a huge roll in how a table plays.
Glen,

I have tried to explain to Trent how much difference the cloth makes.

TrentFromToledo just doesn't seem to want any info from people with more Pool ability and experience so I just gave up.

Bill Stroud

Old
  (#74)
trentfromtoledo
8onthebreaktoledo

11-22-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstroud View Post
Glen,

I have tried to explain to Trent how much difference the cloth makes.

TrentFromToledo just doesn't seem to want any info from people with more Pool ability and experience so I just gave up.

Bill Stroud
I play on Simonis cloth all the time on Pro Cut pockets. Worsted wool is far faster than napped felt. I understand what you said about trying to get shape on the old napped felt. Common knowledge. Whats your point?

Trent

P.s. not to mention we were not even talking about cloth or how it plays, so really, help me understand how what you just posted has anything to do with what we were talking about ?

P.s.s Are you going to continue to try and tell me how Pro Cut Pockets have no place in pool as well?

Last edited by trentfromtoledo; 11-22-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Old
  (#75)
realkingcobra
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2019, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Just think how much more affordable diamonds could be if they were manufactured by YALIN and assembled here. They could easily make those tables

Trent from Toledo
I wonder what would happen if YALIN bought the design rights to the Brunswick Anniversaries and Centennial's, and produced the same tables today for half of what you sell them for, but new. You think customers would jump on them instead of buying tables from you?

Page 5 of 12 « First 345 67 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: