Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page USA Mosconi Warmup? Unfair advantage?
Page 2 of 2 12

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#16)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Talking 11-22-2019, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSchultz View Post
Europe can, of course...but a lot of planning goes into it. Just asking why Matchroom does it only for Team USA.
Yes, it is not so easy doing a public live stream warmup that replicate same conditions of Mosconi Cup cos it will (a) cost $$, planning /logistics (b) require Matchroom support whether in sponsorship, partners, equipment (Rasson, Aramith balls) .

Emily Frazer mentioned on stream that Team Europe does not have same opportunity to which Karl Boyes ribbed her saying she is biased
https://youtu.be/gd3axsi4m4s?t=4403

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungAtHeart View Post
Matchroom is about making money!

In this instance it just happens to be a pool event that they are using to make the money.
There's the sponsors, Sky TV, % of sales at venue etc.

Up until last year it had been a bit of a 'no contest' for the preceeding half dozen years or so.
It being a 'no contest' affects Matchrooms earning potential and ultimately could affect the future of the event without major changes.

So Matchroom will do whatever they need to do to keep this event earning them money.

If that means playing fewer matches on days 1, 2 and 3, just to make sure it lasts 4 days they will.
They will do whatever they think it takes to make this a competitive event. That could include moving the 1 ball onto the spot cuz that's what the USA team is used to. Having pocket sizes that they deem to suit the USA team. Amending the selection process for the USA team. Also practice matches, more time together, etc, etc, etc

It is business. It is Matchroom's business. And they work really hard!
+1. Good post. It is part of their business strategy- they need this property (Mosconi Cup) to be competitive/closely contested for it to continue to be a hit. So that together with their new hit (US Open), they can further push into US pool market and hopefully develop more new pool events.

Old
  (#17)
garczar
AzB Silver Member
garczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond reputegarczar has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 08:46 AM

The Euro's have been out in LA. I'm sure they've been hittin' plenty of balls. This warm-up match will have ZERO effect on how this plays out.

Old
  (#18)
Pete
AzB Silver Member
Pete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond reputePete has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkGuy View Post
What are the break rules and how did they change? I think the USA Team is playing against the best Euro Team they can pick from the 44 countries they have to choose from every year. That oughta level the playing field aplenty in favor of Team Europe!
I think that if you are living in the US or a citizen (making your living here) you should not be able to play for Europe...

Old
  (#19)
spartan
AzB Silver Member
spartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond reputespartan has a reputation beyond repute

Talking 11-22-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garczar View Post
The Euro's have been out in LA. I'm sure they've been hittin' plenty of balls. This warm-up match will have ZERO effect on how this plays out.
The Euros already having fun in Vegas

Name:  te.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  187.9 KB

Old
  (#20)
sjm
Stu with the Ko brothers
sjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond reputesjm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 525

11-22-2019, 03:49 PM

As winners of eight of the last nine cups, Europe should keep doing what they've been doing as far as preparation, rather than suddenly adopt the approach of Team USA.

Old
  (#21)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I get that Matchroom is trying to level the field a bit. But USA gets tuneups in Russia and right before the Cup. Break rules were changed to favor USA.

At what point does it look awkward not to afford Europe some opportunities to play warmups as a team?
At what point does your post seem anti- Team America? Immediately.

Old
  (#22)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
At what point does your post seem anti- Team America? Immediately.
1) that is ludicrous. I am attending in person and cheering on Team USA
2) your post stinks of hostile, uber nationalism. like, how dare someone be “anti American!” wow.
3) Chill out.

Old
  (#23)
Swighey
AzB Silver Member
Swighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeiberLvr View Post
cooler accents
Aye maybe, but not cool enough to drive a New York taxi in the 1970s.

Old
  (#24)
ShortBusRuss
Short Bus Russ - C Player
ShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond reputeShortBusRuss has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishless View Post
Agreed, Grabe has been in fire lately :-)
Lol.... I am going to assume the best of this response, and that it was not meant to intentionally troll me. :-)

That man I loathe above all other pool players on this planet, after I saw the d!ckhead move he pulled on Shane McMinn at the 2018 Leende, Netherlands Eurotour event. He accused Shane of giving him a loose rack, because "that's the only way you Americans can win". Heard it with my own two ears, from less than 10 feet (3 meters, lol) away.

Shane had a totally shocked look on his face, and offered to let Denis rack for himself, but Denis kept up with the antagonistic patter, in an effort to screw him up mentally while they were waiting to start the streamed match. To his credit, Shane ended up beating him. Which goes to reinforce what I have always advised other players:

NEVER give a player a reason to beat you. Because more often than you'd like, they'll take it.

Old
  (#25)
trob
AzB Silver Member
trob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond reputetrob has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 05:14 AM

Quote:
2) your post stinks of hostile, uber nationalism. like, how dare someone be ďanti American!Ē wow.
3) Chill out.
Nationalism is a good thing. Itís what I love most about President trump and you do sound anti America and I donít want to chill out.

Player........... road line with 12.9 revo and 314/3
Break cue.... bk3
jump cue..... Fury
Case............ Molinari butterfly

If you live with one foot in the future and one in the past you'll piss all over the present.

Old
  (#26)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member
RichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond reputeRichSchultz has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Nationalism is a good thing. Itís what I love most about President trump and you do sound anti America and I donít want to chill out.
Not gonna be triggered so, I’m just gonna go to Mosconi, cheer for the USA all week, and wear a big ol’ Buttigieg 2020 shirt on the stream...

Asking a question doesn’t make me anti American.

Old
  (#27)
Swighey
AzB Silver Member
Swighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond reputeSwighey has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trob View Post
Nationalism is a really, really bad thing and the cause of many of the worldís problems. Supporting your country, and your team, is a really, really good thing. These are two completely different things.

Old
  (#28)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member
DecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond reputeDecentShot has a reputation beyond repute

11-23-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
2) your post stinks of hostile, uber nationalism. like, how dare someone be “anti American!” wow.
3) Chill out.
Your right, I'm glad your looking out for Team Europe so Team U.S.A. has absolutely no advantage. While we're at it, better make sure the Russian power lifting team gets just as many reps as the U.S. for Olympics competition. Lol, what a jackass.

Last edited by DecentShot; 11-23-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Old
  (#29)
RichSchultz
AzB Silver Member

11-23-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecentShot View Post
Your right, I'm glad your looking out for Team Europe so Team U.S.A. has absolutely no advantage. While we're at it, better make sure the Russian power lifting team gets just as many reps as the U.S. for Olympics competition. Lol, what a jackass.
** you’re**

Old
  (#30)
DecentShot
AzB Silver Member

11-23-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
** youíre**
Just out of curiosity, does a Grammar Detective have a good salary?

Page 2 of 2 12

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: