Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page 1" OD Swaged/sweged end aluminum tubing?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
1" OD Swaged/sweged end aluminum tubing?
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Question 1" OD Swaged/sweged end aluminum tubing? - 11-22-2019, 08:11 AM

I am in the process of preparing for a full rebuild of a Channel Master CM-1100.
Yes the one that almost killed me.

I have been going to various tubing suppliers and am not have any success in locating the product.
The basic problem is that if I purchase 12 foot lengths of 6061-T6 or any tubing of that length the shipping pops up to over 125.00.
8' falls under the bump freight charges as well.

The booms on the 1100 are just over 11 feet long. The CM-1160A is long and uses swaged tubing.
So my plan to save on the shipping is to use 6' swaged tubing and oppose the swaged ends. It would give a little over 2 foot offset which may be enough to prevent any sagging.

Or if the supplier would cut the maximum length allowed that would not require freight. Which would be just under 8 foot that would be even better as the off set between the swages would increase by quite a bit.

Does anybody have any links to suppliers that specifically sell swaged aluminum tubing?

My other option would be sleeving 1" ID over 1" OD. The tolerances would need to be tight though.

Any help in the search will would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Yep. Sev is smarter than you all."
"I dont know much."
"I'm just a flea along for the ride."--366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

Last edited by Sev; 11-22-2019 at 08:17 AM.

Old
  (#2)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

11-22-2019, 08:42 AM

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/shop/...8193-10038-346

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#3)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 08:47 AM

Wrong type.
Threaded and 28 inches is useless.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#4)
PRED
AzB Silver Member
PRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond reputePRED has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

11-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
Wrong type.
Threaded and 28 inches is useless.
They get it made up from somewhere. Pick their brain for the supplier.

IRATUS VULGUS

Old
  (#5)
FairladyZ
The Boss Stooge
FairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

11-22-2019, 09:06 AM

I could see why you're wanting to budget cut for TV...paying DTV, paying for VPN service to use kodi....yikes!

Could you use the 8' lengths and splice them together (reduce the high shipping costs) using a flaring tool? I owned a TV service center through the 90's & a little after....and strangely I really didn't encounter much MATV stuff....

If you tolerate this, then your children will be next.

I have never quoted someone in my signature....but I found such a shallow, idiotic, and inane comment like this worthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
Everybody already knows that "conservative" means "bigot".

pj
chgo

Old
  (#6)
DaveK
pre-proscribed
DaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond reputeDaveK has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 526

11-22-2019, 10:00 AM

Maybe learn to swage plain tubing yourself. Might be easier, faster, and cheaper in the long run.

Dave

Can't fix stupid, you're on your own.

Old
  (#7)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 10:43 AM

You have a big pipe manufacturer in Bristol that you may be able to pick up a piece of pipe at that they consider throw away.

Take it to a local shop and get it swaged.

Just offer them some bacon.

https://brismet.com/

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#8)
Sev

11-22-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Maybe learn to swage plain tubing yourself. Might be easier, faster, and cheaper in the long run.

Dave
I got your swage right here Dave. Bend over.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#9)
Sev

11-22-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGDave View Post
You have a big pipe manufacturer in Bristol that you may be able to pick up a piece of pipe at that they consider throw away.

Take it to a local shop and get it swaged.

Just offer them some bacon.

https://brismet.com/
Doesnt look like they deal in aluminum.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#10)
Sev

11-22-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ View Post
I could see why you're wanting to budget cut for TV...paying DTV, paying for VPN service to use kodi....yikes!

Could you use the 8' lengths and splice them together (reduce the high shipping costs) using a flaring tool? I owned a TV service center through the 90's & a little after....and strangely I really didn't encounter much MATV stuff....
VPN service was cheap. PureVPN had a 5 year plan something like 48 bucks last year.

AT&T Streaming service is 58 a month now I think. Next price jump we will probably dump them.

Problem with 8 foot it still has the excessive freight charge.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#11)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member
WGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond reputeWGDave has a reputation beyond repute

11-22-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Doesnt look like they deal in aluminum.
Try this place.

https://www.metalsdepot.com/aluminum...SAAEgI84_D_BwE

In order to continue advancing their illogical arguments modern liberals have to pretend not to know things…

Old
  (#12)
Sev

11-22-2019, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Yup.
Been there.
No swaged.
They have every length I need. No swaged though.

It would cost me 128.49 in freight and 48.68 for 2 12 footers.

If I have to. I can get the 1" OD and 1" ID and do a sleeve.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Old
  (#13)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2019, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Yup.
Been there.
No swaged.
They have every length I need. No swaged though.

It would cost me 128.49 in freight and 48.68 for 2 12 footers.

If I have to. I can get the 1" OD and 1" ID and do a sleeve.
Sounds like you need to take a road trip to the closest place you can find the pipe with those shipping costs.

Old
  (#14)
WGDave
AzB Silver Member

11-22-2019, 02:33 PM

One last try, Sev.

https://www.tnsteel.com/index.php

They have aluminum tubing, but not sure about swaged.

Old
  (#15)
Sev

11-22-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you need to take a road trip to the closest place you can find the pipe with those shipping costs.
I should have been looking while I was up in NY.
There is a place up in Albany that is only 55 minutes away.

Looks like there is a place in Knoxville about 2 hours away.

I have to talk to my local mechanic. Bristol Speedway is just up the road. There has to be some racing shops here that order tubing.

COVFEFE!!

"I dont know much."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: