Kamui chalk version 1.21 is awesome!

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact is they are doing something right, they sell out every time they get a shipment.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know, they give me a tray of balls and 4-5 cubes of chalk which i use on the tip of my cue. I'm sorry if that's wrong.

Can i come over to your house for a visit?? I'm sure there is something there that I can use. You won't miss it at all.

berlowmj2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cleaning tip

But if they would have sold them for $10 they could have sold out FASTER!

I love my Kamui .98

Is it advisable to use Kamui in competition & a cheaper chalk for practice?

If so, what is the best way to clean the cheaper chalk off before applying the Kamui?

The Chinchilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact is they are doing something right, they sell out every time they get a shipment.

That is the whole point, they are doing something right, namely charging way too much. And it is working. I agree, good for them.

Do yourselves, and the sport, a favor... spend that money on a J Brumback DVD or something of similar quality. Do what you want of course.... but the chalk just isn't money effectively spent. To each their own I guess.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If so, what is the best way to clean the cheaper chalk off before applying the Kamui?

I use a paper towel for getting chalk off.

I have been putting a nice layer of Kamui on first then putting blue diamond over it and chalking with the blue diamond every shot at the table.

The Kamui never leaves my case. I add another layer of Kamui every couple of games. Should last me years and I won't lose it this way.

It is money very well spent. My tip has perfect friction now always. The way most guys chalk we aren't covering the entire tip perfectly when we quickly chalk between shots.

With the layer of Kamui under there I know I'm covered. I've bought a hundred pool DVDs and other pool gadgets. What else am I supposed to do with my money? Leave it be for a bigger inheritance? I don't even have kids!

TheThaiger

Banned
That is the whole point, they are doing something right, namely charging way too much. And it is working. I agree, good for them.

Do yourselves, and the sport, a favor... spend that money on a J Brumback DVD or something of similar quality. Do what you want of course.... but the chalk just isn't money effectively spent. To each their own I guess.

The money is well spent if you're good at banking but miscue a lot.

I must admit I'm concerned the cost of Kamui chalk will drive up prices for chalk across the board. Welcome to the world of five dollar Masters 'Plus', or $10 Blue Diamond 'Extra'.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i finally got a chance to try out this kamui chalk. the stuff is crazy good!!! i might just bite the bullet and buy a cube. might!!!

anyway to answer your question. no it's not a good idea. the chalk works too good so if you use it in competition you won't be used to it

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I have used the Kamui chalk in two competitions only without any problems. It worked fine and I didn't suffer from lack of experience with it either. It's just chalk, a different kind but does a similar if not better job.

I am not practicing with it at this time and am using the former version of Kamui chalk.

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
The moment someone comes out with a similar product at a lower price, this price gouging will finally come to an end. I think they'd still make a killing at $5/cube, even more by volume (they'll sell more than 5x the volume by selling at 1/5 the price.)

How about this: take a few pieces of master chalk, put in a ball mill until it is the finest of powder. Get it damp, form into cubes, let it dry, profit!

9ballkid28

looking forward to kamui 1.21

imo kamui is the best chalk on the market PERIOD regardless or price if you are to cheap to spend 30 bucks on chalk yet you just went out and got a 600.00 pool cue 300.00 case ? chalk is one of the most important things in your equipment y get anything but the best for your $$ oh and by the way kamui is not a scam if i knew nothing else about this 1.21 other then the fact that kamui made it i would still spend the $ to get a cube. :)

JoeyA

Silver Member
I dont know why everyone is up in arms about the price, kamui isint putting a gun to your head and making you buy it, if you dont want it dont buy it!! simple as that.

I dont use kamui, not because of the price but because i like to chalk before every shot, its part of my preshot routine and if i only had to chalk once a game it would throw me off.

Everyone that goes on and on about the price must be broke and therfore jealous that they will never get to try it.;)

The new version 1.21 Kamui chalk is designed for people who chalk on every shot.
Just sayin.....

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
The only problem with that is....

The new version 1.21 Kamui chalk is designed for people who chalk on every shot.
Just sayin.....

That only problem with that is that they are charging the same price for it. If I'm chalking every shot as opposed to once a game, I am going to use up the chalk 5-9 times more quickly. I won't pay the same price for a chalk that I'll have to buy 5-9 times more often when it's that expensive, it should've been brought in at a 15 dollar price point for those that want to chalk more often.

Jaden

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You miscue from a bad stroke. Not because your using masters chalk instead of kamui. How fkin laughable.

Most people using kamui chalk are average players at best.

JoeyA

Silver Member
That only problem with that is that they are charging the same price for it. If I'm chalking every shot as opposed to once a game, I am going to use up the chalk 5-9 times more quickly. I won't pay the same price for a chalk that I'll have to buy 5-9 times more often when it's that expensive, it should've been brought in at a 15 dollar price point for those that want to chalk more often.

Jaden

For some reason, I seem to want to think that the newer version will last longer. Don't know why because I still haven't tried it. I guess I'll wait until I get a piece before suggesting how long it will last.

JoeyA

Silver Member
You miscue from a bad stroke. Not because your using masters chalk instead of kamui. How fkin laughable.

Most people using kamui chalk are average players at best.

Maybe the average players need Kamui chalk. :D

berlowmj2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
test

Has anyone done a blind test in which Kamui .98, Kamui 1.21, & Blue Diamond are rapped in identical wrappers & been able to correctly label them?

Lumocolor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone done a blind test in which Kamui .98, Kamui 1.21, & Blue Diamond are rapped in identical wrappers & been able to correctly label them?

I haven't done that but i expect it would be fairly easy to tell the kamui apart from the BD. (color, texture, size of the cube)

Last edited: