Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Non Pool Related
Reload this Page "Do Not Travel" Warning Issued for 16 US Cities.

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
"Do Not Travel" Warning Issued for 16 US Cities.
Old
  (#1)
Sev
I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

Arrow "Do Not Travel" Warning Issued for 16 US Cities. - 11-15-2013, 06:47 AM

Looks like a lot of liberal strong holds on the list.

Got to love warning descriptions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...bout//?print=1
16 American cities foreign governments warn their citizens about

Planning a trip abroad? It’s probably best to check out the State Department’s list of travel warnings for countries with unsafe political situations. At the moment, the State Department has issued travel warnings for 34 countries, from the Central African Republic and El Salvador to Iraq and North Korea.

Well, just as State warns Americans about dangerous places to travel, so too do foreign ministries in other countries — and some countries warn their citizens to avoid heading to certain cities in the U.S. France, in particular, warns travelers to be careful in a large number of specific cities.

Here’s what other countries, mostly France, say about American cities:

1. Boston: Avoid walking at night in Dorchester, Mattapan and Roxbury, and be wary of “petty crime” in Chinatown, the North End and Fenway.

2. New York: Be wary in Times Square and at the Statue of Liberty, and don’t go to Harlem, the Bronx or Central Park at night.

3. Washington: Northeast and Southeast should be avoided, and Union Station is dangerous at night. “Le quartier Anacostia n’est pas recommandable de jour comme de nuit.” Translation: Don’t go to Anacostia, day or night.

4. Baltimore: “Considered a dangerous city except downtown.”

5. Richmond: “Do not visit the city on foot.”

6. Pittsburgh: The French urge their citizens to avoid Mount Oliver, Hill District, Homewood-Brushton and Hazelwood.

7. Cleveland: Avoid Cleveland Heights, Lakewood and Euclid. That warning got Cleveland Heights Mayor Edward Kelly upset. “The French government is foolish and doesn’t know what they’re talking about,” he told the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

8. Detroit: “The center is not recommended after the close of business.”

9. Chicago: Stay away from the West Side and anywhere south of 59th Street.

10. Houston: Be vigilant if traveling through Downtown, south and east Houston at night.

11. St. Louis: “Eviter le quartier nord entre l’aéroport et le centre-ville, mais la navette reliant l’aéroport est sûre.” Translation: Avoid northern area between the airport and the city center, but the airport shuttle is safe (Hat tip to our friend Chris Good, of ABC News, for spotting that nugget).

12. Atlanta: The French are nervous about the southern part of the city, and downtown after dark.

13. New Orleans: Northwest of Dauphine Street, northeast of Ursulines Avenue, north of St. Charles Avenue and south of Magazine Street are areas of concern.

14. Miami: “Canadians have been the victims of crime such as break-ins, assaults and pickpocketing in the Miami area, sometimes during daylight hours,” Canada’s foreign ministry warns. France says attacks on tourists in Florida are rare now, but were frequent a few years ago.

15. Los Angeles: France warns tourists to take care in Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Long Beach, and to avoid Watts, Inglewood and Florence.

16. El Paso: The British Foreign Office warns tourists about violence along the border with Mexico, and the border crossing at Ciudad Juarez specifically.

Germany doesn’t warn its citizens about any specific cities, but it does caution against letting it all hang out: “Although the laws in individual states categorizing nudity as ‘indecent exposure’, are rarely asserted and punished, those laws should absolutely be followed. Nude bathing and changing clothes at the beach stirs up public agitation and can lead to unpleasantnesses.”

Keep your head down and admire the shot.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm just a flea along for the ride... ---366Robin

Revelations of truth undermine a foundation of belief built on lies.---Sev

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#2)
Jerry Forsyth
Jerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond reputeJerry Forsyth has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2013, 09:47 AM

All foreigners should be warned away from my hometown of Cedartown, GA. It can bore you to death in less than an hour.

Old
  (#3)
michael4
AzB Silver Member
michael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond reputemichael4 has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
15. Los Angeles: France warns tourists to take care in Hollywood, Santa Monica, Venice Beach and Long Beach, and to avoid Watts, Inglewood and Florence.
the list is longer than that

Old
  (#4)
DrGonzo
As your attorney...
DrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond reputeDrGonzo has a reputation beyond repute

11-15-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael4 View Post
the list is longer than that
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY longer

Playing Cue:
Nitti - Lucky 7's

Case: Dennis Swift - Lucky 7's

Originally posted by Ron Swanson
“It is acceptable for ISIS to behead people”

Originally Posted by Ugotda7
"You (DrGonzo) are just so smart"

Originally Posted by asiasdad
"I would trust the pedophile more."

Gonzo Lock

Old
  (#5)
Sofla
AzB Silver Member
Sofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond reputeSofla has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2013, 12:45 PM

Probably about what the locals would tell a friend who was visiting those cities as well.

What I remember about Cleveland Heights, where we had a business location which I rarely visited mainly staying in Parma Heights, was going to a large shopping mall and being literally the one white person there that I saw. Felt odd, but I never felt in danger. Same thing at an all-black club in the Flats, the waterfront area of Cleveland. Got many looks, but never felt in danger.

Mainly white Europeans are being advised to avoid such areas. I understand it.

Old
  (#6)
Sev
Sev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond reputeSev has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2013, 01:38 PM

I guess nobody goes to Oakland.

COVFEFE!!

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”---Martin Luther King, Jr.

If our answers scare you, maybe you should stop asking frightening questions.---ChicagoRJ

Old
  (#7)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

11-16-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I guess nobody goes to Oakland.
Hello Sev, I would add that while traveling abroad it is wise to stay clear of Broadway in all American cities it seems that where every you find this street you will also find people and we all know how dangerous that can be!!!!!!!

While we are on the subject, what street name do most Americans associate with a bad part of any town?

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Last edited by manwon; 11-16-2013 at 09:04 PM.

Old
  (#8)
backplaying
AzB Silver Member
backplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond reputebackplaying has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
Hello Sev, I would add that while traveling abroad it is wise to stay clear of Broadway in all American cities it seems that where every you find this street you will also find people and we all know how dangerous that can be!!!!!!!

While we are on the subject, what street name do most Americans associate with a bad part of any town?
Martin Luther King? What do all those area's have in common? They left out many many cities, like Birmingham, around Finley ave, or most of Bessemer, or about 70% of Memphis. Must just be the economy of these area's.

Old
  (#9)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"
manwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond reputemanwon has a reputation beyond repute

11-16-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backplaying View Post
Martin Luther King? What do all those area's have in common? They left out many many cities, like Birmingham, around Finley ave, or most of Bessemer, or about 70% of Memphis. Must just be the economy of these area's.
Yes that is the street name I was thinking of, and it really doesn't fit all the good things the man stood for. In fact it is really really a sad reality that his name is associated in such a way, but that could only happen in Americathe home of the Brave and the land of opportunity.

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Last edited by manwon; 11-16-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Old
  (#10)
Sev

11-17-2013, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwon View Post
Yes that is the street name I was thinking of, and it really doesn't fit all the good things the man stood for. In fact it is really really a sad reality that his name is associated in such a way, but that could only happen in Americathe home of the Brave and the land of opportunity.
Hmmmm.
I wonder what James Earl Ray St. looks like then?

COVFEFE!!

Old
  (#11)
manwon
"WARLOCK 1"

11-17-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Hmmmm.
I wonder what James Earl Ray St. looks like then?
What city has one?

Best Regards

"Warlock 1"

Craig W. Rittel

Old
  (#12)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-18-2013, 03:14 PM

Buddy of mine walked down Nelson Mandela blvd once. ONCE.

Haha, I hid.

But Baltimore is the only place I have heard of where this happened: two different friends of mine were kicked in th nuttzz and pockets emptied in separate incidents in fells point area of Baltimore after bar hours. That is tuff action there.

And I recently took a job in dc where I walk to/ from union station. Kinda freaky sometimes walking by the groups of homeless. Half the time I smell the brownest of all the reefers there. Beg, borrow and steal, that shi ain't good for anyone.

Old
  (#13)
Black-Balled
He Rides the Skies
Black-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond reputeBlack-Balled has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1200
  Send a message via AIM to Black-Balled  
11-21-2013, 04:38 AM

Congresswoman from queens mugged last night walking from dinner last night on Capitol Hill.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: