Why no buzz over TAR 37???

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Doesn't seem like much excitement for TAR 37? I can't help but think how much the roles have been reversed since TAR 1. I wasn't even in pool then, but from what I gathered everyone had all but written Shane off, and we all know how well that went...

I know that Corey is a serious underdog, but I saw in the action room -9 in 8 ball, and -10 in 9 ball! That's CRAZY weight for two top pros. Is corey really that bad?

Has everyone pretty much written off this match?

I like it, hope it's close. Heck, I'm almost rooting for Corey just because of the underdog factor! Please folks, lets here some more thoughts about the match tonight.

I'm predicting Shane with a score of 8-5.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gonna be some good pool, for sure.

Sorry I haven't been pushing my normal post numbers, got a new job and there is actually work there. Wtf?

the420trooper

Free T-Rex
Silver Member
I want to see Corey win this one badly. He's been my favorite player since his US Open final performance in 2001.

He has a chance here, since Shane is not being allowed to play 10 ball. Hard to bet against the current US Open champ playing 9 ball though.

Corey made it to the finals against Dennis O. in a big one pocket tournament recently. (I obviously don't remember which one) :D

8 ball is a pick 'em. Shane plays godlike 8 ball, but so does Corey... If CD plays his best game here he can leave with the cash.

Heart= bet Corey
Head= SVB all the way

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
To me it seems like there has bern more interest in this than soke of the more recent TARs. I know I'm pretty pumped.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

liakos

Banned
I have been out of the loop for a while now but I will say this, Corey is a better player than Shane! Shane has a better work ethic than Corey! If Corey could take some of that work ethic from Shane, Corey, by far, would be the greatest player on earth! Corey's creativity is 2nd to none! But, at the end of the day, its the guy that puts the time in! And Shane proves that day in and day out! Good luck to both players! I've met both, and both are awesome people! I'm rooting for a tight 3 day match either way:) I hope tar does well on this one!

fishless

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forward to this match, the nice thing for me is if either of these guys were playing someone else other then Alex I'd be cheering for them. So I'm happy for either side in the end.

I'm really hoping for a close match in all disciplines for obvious reasons, i think if Corey can win the 1-pocket we may just have one, but Shane is no joke.

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
I'll be watching tonight. The only reason I'm not betting on Corey is his Facebook posts saying he's playing terrible. Otherwise, I would think it's his best chance to beat Shane out of the 3 disciplines. This year Corey's won the DCC 1pkt, 2nd in US Open 1pkt, 3rd at the Southern Classic 1pkt, and 4th at the accu stats invitational. I just can't see how he's much of a dog in 1pkt... I really wish he wouldn't have made that remark.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
I poked a little fun at Corey in the TAR Caption Contest but in reality I am pulling for him in this match. Corey and Alex have always been my favorite when it comes to creativity/ability while Shane defines hard work/ability.

EL'nino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Because TAR is supposed to be about pools elite..... and Corey ain't that. Go ahead and bash me but you'll see when he gets beat like a school child. He does not belong in the pit with Shane.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shane has been on so much its kinda .... well the same old.

I was looking forward to the Harriman Schmidt match.

Justin says Shane is the best draw for TAR, and I wish him the best.

Im just ready for something different.

Ken

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I feel Corey must win the one-pocket to make it to Sunday.
'cause I think Shane is the best 8-ball player on the planet.....
....maybe even the solar system.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Just bought it. I'm psyched. This will be the first TAR one pocket set I've ever watched. I think Corey has a much better shot (especially in the 1 pocket) than people are giving him credit for.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I feel Corey must win the one-pocket to make it to Sunday.
'cause I think Shane is the best 8-ball player on the planet.....
....maybe even the solar system.

I think they are going to play Sunday regardless of who wins the first 2 days because this is an all around, but I agree with you about Shane's 8 ball game. It's too bad the IPT's flash in the pan happened just before Shane's burst on to the scene because he probably could have made some real bank on those tournaments.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Sadly, I think a lot of people are lamenting the loss of Bonus Ball.

It will take a long time before all of us are over that one. The pool world has changed.

I must be running now as I have some shopping to do at Wal Mart.

Also it is a great place to meet women.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ain't squirming in my seat like I was for Shane and Efren, but I'm still stoked. Corey is a very savvy player, and can pull a rabbit out of the hat when he needs to. This will be good pool for sure. I think I'll even pay the extra $5 for HD this time.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Sadly, I think a lot of people are lamenting the loss of Bonus Ball.

It will take a long time before all of us are over that one. The pool world has changed.

I must be running now as I have some shopping to do at Wal Mart.

Also it is a great place to meet women.

Lamenting? Who didn't know they were going to screw the pooch?

Sent from my Galaxy S4

clint3612

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been out of the loop for a while now but I will say this, Corey is a better player than Shane! Shane has a better work ethic than Corey! If Corey could take some of that work ethic from Shane, Corey, by far, would be the greatest player on earth! Corey's creativity is 2nd to none! But, at the end of the day, its the guy that puts the time in! And Shane proves that day in and day out! Good luck to both players! I've met both, and both are awesome people! I'm rooting for a tight 3 day match either way:) I hope tar does well on this one!
BS!! Corey is supremely overrated. Always has been. He plays good when things are in his favor.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bought and paid for! 3 nights of entertainment for just $40!!!

C'mon. Be a real supporter of TAR and buy all three nights separately like I'm doing for max fees.

Seriously though, where is the chat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free