Any cuemakers to retapped shaft to Mezz Wavvy joint ?

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi , im looking for a cuemaker whom i can send a couple of uniloc joint predator 314 shaft to be retapped to fit my mezz wavvy joint butt .
Does anyone knows any cuemaker who has experience threading shafts to mezz wavvy joint ?

Thanks !

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should ask in the cuemaker forum. The problem is the tap is very expensive so not many have one.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is a "wavvy joint"?
A Mezz wavy joint is a very big/thick pin that screws directly in to the wood / threads in the bottom of the shaft. It sounds kind of iffy, but Mezz wavy joint butts and shafts screw together very tightly and don't seem to loosen up over time.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Mezz wavy joint is a very big/thick pin that screws directly in to the wood / threads in the bottom of the shaft. It sounds kind of iffy, but Mezz wavy joint butts and shafts screw together very tightly and don't seem to loosen up over time.

The pin has about the same diameter as any of the common big pins. 3/8-10 Modified has a .308" minor, Radial a .312" minor and Wavy has a 8mm or .315" minor
They are all very similar in dimensions, Radial and Wavy is about 9TPi. They are however NOT interchangable.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
The pin has about the same diameter as any of the common big pins. 3/8-10 Modified has a .308" minor, Radial a .312" minor and Wavy has a 8mm or .315" minor
They are all very similar in dimensions, Radial and Wavy is about 9TPi. They are however NOT interchangable.

Wavy threaded shafts fit on a standard 3/8-10 pin. But not the other way around. I've bored out a 3/8-10 threaded hole, and it fits on a wavy joint. I haven't bothered to figure out the exact amount that needs to be removed.