Statement from Crown Cues

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My prayers go out to you and your family. I too am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I remember how frustrating it was to get anything done that I needed to. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. Remain positive! It really does make a difference. :thumbup:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma has been linked to agent orange. it was a nasty chemical spray used to kill vegetation. unfortunatley it had all kinds of nasty side effects on our troops.

As far as I know, there shouldn't have been any agent orange issues involved. But, a couple years back, our son was having serious problems and the docs gave him a loose diagnosis of Hodgkins Lymphoma. They just said his symptoms weren't clear enough to do much about, back then. So, they sat back and watched to see what happened. He had to have his spleen removed, then had other problems, before he got severe and wasn't functioning well, this spring. That's when they FINALLY found it and said it was non-hodgkins and gave some other specifics, which gave me what I needed to identify what stage he was in. They started him on chemo almost instantly. At one point, they went back in to draw more bone marrow fluids for testing and none was found, so they had to take a piece of bone for the tests.

He's finally through with the chemo, but still has to take some other meds for a few more months, as his body winds down from the side effects of the chemo.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
My prayers go out to you and your family. I too am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I remember how frustrating it was to get anything done that I needed to. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. Remain positive! It really does make a difference. :thumbup:

That's exactly why we couldn't tell anyone what stage it was. We knew it was in the last stage and we couldn't take any chances he would find out by the grapevine. We didn't want to give the cancer any power over his mind. We left it to the docs to tell him, which they chose not to do until AFTER he got a clean bill of health.

So glad you share the survivor status with us. It is encouraging to hear all the survivor stories, these days!

jdxprs

Banned
As far as I know, there shouldn't have been any agent orange issues involved. But, a couple years back, our son was having serious problems and the docs gave him a loose diagnosis of Hodgkins Lymphoma. They just said his symptoms weren't clear enough to do much about, back then. So, they sat back and watched to see what happened. He had to have his spleen removed, then had other problems, before he got severe and wasn't functioning well, this spring. That's when they FINALLY found it and said it was non-hodgkins and gave some other specifics, which gave me what I needed to identify what stage he was in. They started him on chemo almost instantly. At one point, they went back in to draw more bone marrow fluids for testing and none was found, so they had to take a piece of bone for the tests.

He's finally through with the chemo, but still has to take some other meds for a few more months, as his body winds down from the side effects of the chemo.

i'd be doing some research into what he was exposed to if i were you. i believe the company that made agent orange is called mosanto. they make all kinds of nasty things that have hurt people over the years, including stuff that goes in our food...

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
i'd be doing some research into what he was exposed to if i were you. i believe the company that made agent orange is called mosanto. they make all kinds of nasty things that have hurt people over the years, including stuff that goes in our food...

I did a quick study last night and this morning. I don't have very much spare time, right now. From what I read, we are all subject to it, if we've eaten food or drank water. I will probably do a little more research on this, as I can. Time is really tight around here, right now. But, from what I am finding on a short search, agent orange is here in the USA and used by unsuspecting citizens on a daily basis. Lovely.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
including stuff that goes in our food

I don't want to stray the thread but I think this could be a wake up call for many people. When you consider anhydrous amonia, herbicides, pesticides plus all the antibiotics and growth hormones that are fed to livestock, its a wonder that any of us are alive.

Previously it was a little harder to find anything organic but where I live, we now have an entire grocery store that sells nothing but organically grown
vegetables and meat.

Our bodies are amazing machines but we can only expel so much harmful
chemicals from our system before it starts to get stored in our fatty tissue.

Maybe its a little more expensive but I think that we are worth it.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
I don't want to stray the thread but I think this could be a wake up call for many people. When you consider anhydrous amonia, herbicides, pesticides plus all the antibiotics and growth hormones that are fed to livestock, its a wonder that any of us are alive.

Previously it was a little harder to find anything organic but where I live, we now have an entire grocery store that sells nothing but organically grown
vegetables and meat.

From some of the stuff I was reading, it gets in the ground and contaminates everything. Also, the seeds that are genetically modified may have been contaminated, so they suggest you only use heirloom seeds. I DID read some of the stuff... enough to know we should all have non-hodgkins lymphoma. Sounds ugly, anyway!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I knew you had been away from the ICA forum for some time as well, but I had no idea what you were going through. I am thrilled to hear the good news about your son's recovery.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
I knew you had been away from the ICA forum for some time as well, but I had no idea what you were going through. I am thrilled to hear the good news about your son's recovery.

Thanks, Chris. Every time we thought life couldn't get tougher, it did. I hope the rest is easier, from here! We have missed the whole pool community. We still aren't going to be extremely available for a bit, but we can at least drop in and say "hey" once in a while.

I will try to drop in the ICA forum within the next week or so. I have questions to ask. Gotta get caught up! :wink: I think I also have a job to do, unless you guys have found a replacement for me. If you did, I won't be offended.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Renee, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Great news about your son! :)
May 2012 be a better year for you and Gene.

Well, may it be a better year for all! :)

chrislie

#1 VOLS fan
Silver Member

vegetables and meat.

Agree!!! watching farmer use these chem is scary.
i almost stop eating broccoli because they spray chem like 2 days before harvest.
the other day i watch TV about confession from a dude who mix food with borax acid before he sell it. preserved the cooked food for 6 days. nasty:angry:

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't forget to keep a paper back up off all names,numbers and addresses this time. I know we use computers and back up , but make a paper copy and then save everything on a flash drive. As you now have experienced it is well worth it.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Don't forget to keep a paper back up off all names,numbers and addresses this time. I know we use computers and back up , but make a paper copy and then save everything on a flash drive. As you now have experienced it is well worth it.

We have a paper backup of most of it. But, it is not all in the same place and some time in the last year, my address books disappeared. That means we also lost addresses for 3 family reunions we were in charge of. We have been looking for that book for about 8 or 9 months and had no luck, so far. With the chaotic lifestyle of not knowing what we will be doing from one day to the next, we have had very little time to look for it. During the year, the dishwasher quit, the ceiling fan motor died, the oven was supposed to be repaired, but stuff interrupted, etc... We FINALLY replaced the dishwasher a couple of weeks ago. Just now finding time to try to get some of the stuff done, so we can try to resume some sort of "life."

Also, paper backup would not work for all the graphic files I use for designing. I need digital files for those. I take well over 1,000 pics per month. I delete what I can and use what I can, as I have time to do so. I also lost a lot of wonderful family pictures on the hard drive that broke.

When our lives turned upside down, this year, they flipped hard. Getting our lives BACK is a much slower process.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Ya just had to make me remember all that happened this year, too. Oh well. We'll get through it.

JesPiddlin

Silver Member
Ya just had to make me remember all that happened this year, too. Oh well. We'll get through it.

Hmmm... I didn't mean that quite like it sounded. But, it's true. So much has happened this year, I had forgotten all that. It's not a bad thing to be reminded. We survived it all. That's the part we plan to remember. :)