BIH, Solids, What Would You Do?

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Play safe with the 2 ball, bunt it into position, stick the cue ball on the 7 ball...game over

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Play safe with the 2 ball, bunt it into position, stick the cue ball on the 7 ball...game over

Do you know your opponents ability? Does your opponent kick pretty good? Does your opponent jump pretty good? I hate turning the table back over to my opponent when I can get out easily. What if he executes well and ties up one of your balls? Worse, they get "lucky" and make their ball. Get the game over!

Lyn

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Do you know your opponents ability? Does your opponent kick pretty good? Does your opponent jump pretty good? I hate turning the table back over to my opponent when I can get out easily. What if he executes well and ties up one of your balls? Worse, they get "lucky" and make their ball. Get the game over!

Lyn

Sticking on the 7 is like bread and butter
I want to see anyones ability when the 2 is blocking the path of the 13 ball.
They are froze on the 7, jacked up over the 7 ball trying to hit the 12 ball that it looks like the edge of the 3 is blocking a clean hit on the 12.
They can jump all they want stuck on the 7 shooting at the rail.
I will take my chances

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I was playing last night while watching my sister's team play. Someone on her team ends up with BIH, and starts to run the balls out. After the match, they asked me what I would have done in that situation.

The layout was as follows:

I told him that he should have shot the two ball, and stuck the CB on the 7. That frees up the entire table should his opponent miss the kick. Though, I think freezing him on the 7 took away almost every easy kick he had at his last 3 balls.

The alternative I told him about was to play the 3, bump the 7/2 cluster full in the face, or on the left edge with the 6-ball as insurance.

Just curious, what would you guys do here?

Why would you ask? Based on your post a few days ago, you've got pattern play all figured out now.

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Lyn

Playing a safe on this forum for years means automatic ball in hand and a win.

Freddie <~~~ and a date with the waitress

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
Playing a safe on this forum for years means automatic ball in hand and a win.

Freddie <~~~ and a date with the waitress

Most times I look to get out, this time I don't, and others do, that's fine.
2 and 7 are locked up nice, no pocket according to the poster.

How many pops do you want at the kick? or trying to tie something else up while froze on the 7.
You must have great control of your jump shot off the rail over the 3.

Let me know when you break out the balls that you don't make it worse, or miss them completely.

You have a better shot with the waitress; just don't tell her you secure your opinion with arrow keys.

SmoothStroke <<<<<<< Thought the arrow key opinion and talking in the third person went by the way of AOL.
A you know, it's very easy to be sarcastic, you get what you give.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the 3 goes by the 7/2, then the 3, bump the 7/2... making sure you don't tie the 7 up with the 13. (I always like getting rid of tied up balls first), 2 top left corner, 7 bottom left corner, 6 side, float down for the 1,4, and 5, depending on position.
That 4 shouldn't be last... could be tricky getting position with the 8 there.

2 cents duly submitted:smile:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I'll see if I can take the image and re-size it. The 7-ball was not playable in the lower left pocket either. I couldn't quite make the cluster on the table match the layout on the table itself - if I moved the 7/2 any then it looked like the combo was playable on the screen.

Anyway, in this case the 7 was not playable and neither was the combo. The7/2 were frozen together as well. Wish I could have just taken a picture of the table itself.

There is really only 1 possible variation and that is do you shoot the 1 second to last and then
the 5 as the last or the other way around. 7,2,3,6,4 in that order are about as obvious as they come.

EDIT: I just read the text that the 7 doesn't go.
In that case I would most likely start with the 3 in the far corner
and draw into the 7 having the 6 as a backup ball. Preferably
I would then shoot the 2, 7, 6, 4 and then 5-1/1-5.

gr. Dave

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
7/3/2/6/4/5/1....stay below the one to cut and naturally roll behind the eight.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Curious about the thoughts of others, Scott.

I'd like to see you be honest. If the 7 cannot pass the 2, that means the 2 is in the complete wrong spot on your diagram. You cannot tell me that the 7 is blocked, while the 2 is blocked, all while the combo is off. You read the table wrong. Told your teammate wrong, and are deliberately trolling the forums now.

ScottK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just once or nine times? :thumbup:

That depends.

If you're the cat, and killing you is me trying to get you to understand this game, then I feel like I could have slaughtered a litter of kittens by now.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
7/3/2....because the 2 ball is a stop shot that allows the shooter....Natural, perfect angle to the six. The 2 ball is by far the better ball to use to get ''on the six'' properly, which is the key to simplify your table run.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I"m sure someone else already asked, is the 7-ball makeable with BIH? If so, hit that one, and it's go time.

Freddie <~~~ always on the go

Exactly.

I know one thing about barbox pool....there is no such thing as playing safe. When an opponent kicks in, jumps in or lucks in a ball...you realize that.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok if 7 doesn't go in bottom left , shoot 3 in top right and roll into 7-2 to open them up. The 6 is easy in side in case the 2-7 doesn't leave an immediate shot. Then get out...it's a barbox.

xXGEARXx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Power draw the 6 first and use the cue ball to make the 7 in the corner from the combo. Then blast the rest one or two rail banks for the ladies. Occasionally, looking at someone instead of the OB to make the shot. Possibly using a shit ton of high English on the last shot to spin the CB up on the rail for show.

Sounds perfect, right?