Schon sucks

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
I posted a side by side pic a couple of months ago. It's strange, in the pic there is little discernable difference, but looking at them there is definitely a difference.
I had ordered a McDermott shaft and they couldn't match the pin. I had them forward it on to Segen to tap. It fits, but it didn't turn out quite the way I'd hoped

Well, I have to eat crow on this one. The pin is definitely a modified radial. Since I heard of Segen shutting down, it's been on my to-do list to burn the pin out of the cue, and turn it into a conventional joint type. The outer joint diameter may be larger, but at least it would be a standard pin that I, or any new owner, could have a shaft made for.

I took the pin out a few minutes ago. I will snap some pics later today. I had to take a bit of the top of the pin off, to run the drill bit down far enough to heat up the pin and break the epoxy down, but you'll see enough of a side by side vs a standard radial. It's definitely a smaller diameter. How much, remains to be measured.