Billy Incardona is Hall of Fame worthy

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I would vote for Billy I.in a heartbeat for many reasons. Yes, there are many more that should be in there already. Johnnyt

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be nice if Billy and Grady were both inducted together......just like they used to commentate together........I will always remember one of my biggest laughs listening to them, when Billy told the story of how Grady once said he was the best 9 ball player in the world (after winning a tournament match in dominating fashion), and then proceeded to lose the very next match....Billy laughing while Grady was protesting because he didn't want Billy telling that story.....it was priceless!

Not such a bad idea.

Lou Figueroa

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Now you're stretching it

100% agree with U, Jason!

As far as Billy goes, He deserves many accolades for devoting His life to pool!

Has Billy I. not won the 'Action award' DCC?

I think the BCC tilts towards, 'Straight Pool' accolades rather than 9 ball & 1 pocket, or and combo with straight pool.

Last edited:

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure that Grady is in the one pocket hof. If he's good enough for one pocket he belongs in the bca hof. Pool is and always will be a disaster. For a game that is played world wide, by different cultures, the idea that it's so all over over the place with these organizations that they can't do things right, but that's another conversation, sadly one that has been had many times over. Any way, the names mentioned deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

dnixon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Billy and Grady should be in but let me throw out one more name Kim Davenport

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Billy and Grady should be in but let me throw out one more name Kim Davenport
Great little campaigning at the SBE 2017!!!

Davenport is in his 60's now, so he would be considered in the Veteran's Category.

Freddie <~~~ go California Cool!

Attachments

• IMG_3929.JPG
    IMG_3929.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jerry Briesath should be in the Hall of Fame for sure. Great teacher who has devoted his life to the sport and helping players of all skill levels play better and enjoy our sport more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While this is all well and good, the deadline for submitting a HOF nomination was April 1...so this is all a moot point, for this year's inclusions!

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

The Billiards Congress of America's Hall of Fame annual induction ceremony is coming up at the end of this year.

Two categories have been established in the Billiard Congress of America's Hall of Fame. The Greatest Player category is reserved for outstanding players who have been active in national or international competition for at least 20 years and have won at least one national or international championship. The Meritorious Service category is reserved for those who have made lasting, memorable and important contributions to billiards

Billy Incardona belongs in the Hall of Fame.
There is no question that Billy has made lasting, memorable and important contributions to billiards.

Is there anyone else that is more qualified?
His credentials are impeccable.
I think it's an honor that Billy deserves and is long overdue.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I completely agree, and we did get an official nomination in for Jerry by last weekend's deadline. Now, if he can just get voted in...like others have said...while he's still alive to enjoy it! GO JERRY! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledg.com

Jerry Briesath should be in the Hall of Fame for sure. Great teacher who has devoted his life to the sport and helping players of all skill levels play better and enjoy our sport more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When it comes to anybody but players, the credentials for HOF worthiness are far from clear. The list of those that have done great service to our game is a long one indeed, but induction of all of them into the HOF would "water down" the HOF.

.... but Incardona (best ever pool commentator) and Briesath (most accomplished instructor in the history of American pool) seem very good choices. Both have been good ambassadors for the sport, too, and have served the best interests of the sport for decades.

My feelings are far stronger when it comes to a few players, with the 40-years-old requirement understood. Three players who really need to be inducted are

Darren Appleton
Gerda Hofstatter
Vivian Villareal

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy I is well deserved to be in the HOF. A great representative of pool, a real Hall of Famer,and always gives back to the game.

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
When it comes to anybody but players, the credentials for HOF worthiness are far from clear. The list of those that have done great service to our game is a long one indeed, but induction of all of them into the HOF would "water down" the HOF.

.... but Incardona (best ever pool commentator) and Briesath (most accomplished instructor in the history of American pool) seem very good choices. Both have been good ambassadors for the sport, too, and have served the best interests of the sport for decades.

My feelings are far stronger when it comes to a few players, with the 40-years-old requirement understood. Three players who really need to be inducted are

Darren Appleton
Gerda Hofstatter
Vivian Villareal

Stu, I'm curious. Why do you think Vivian deserves to be inducted into the BCA HOF? Her level of play and her accomplishments don't compare to Balukas, Loree-Jon, Allison, Karen, etc.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stu, I'm curious. Why do you think Vivian deserves to be inducted into the BCA HOF? Her level of play and her accomplishments don't compare to Balukas, Loree-Jon, Allison, Karen, etc.

Don't have the stats, but I'd guess Vivian has 15-20 WPBA titles, dozens of TV appearances and she was an incredibly charismatic player that excited and entertained fans of women's pool. She has won the WPBA Nationals and has been WPBA Player of the Year.

There are too few women in the BCA HOF, and Hofstatter and Villareal seem the most obvious additions to me at this time.

old fart

Registered
until jimmy reid, ronnie allen, steve cook, wade crane, cole dickson, jack breit, norm hitchcock are in- nobody else should be inducted.

GreenFeltguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy and Keith both

If the Hall of Fame don't include Billy Incardona and Keith McCready there shouldn't be a Hall of Fame, please include both right away !!!!

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

Darren Appleton
Gerda Hofstatter
Vivian Villareal

Stu,

Why is it when ever there is a discussion of which women should be inducted into the Hall, I have never seen Florence Fuller's name mentioned. A great player in her own right. Before the WPBA, Florence promoted the women at her Pocket Billiard Lounge in Binghamton, NY. I'm sure if her name was promoted just a bit, many of the current and past women pro players would acknowledge her contributions. Hate to see her name just fade away without any recognition.

As an aside, Florence gratiously gave me my nickname some twenty six years ago. For that alone, she is in my Hall of Fame!

Lyn